26 Apr 2010
By aeron23

Playstation Staff

HELP! PSP Go Power Light Blinking Green

2 Replies 2,546 Views Created 26-04-2010

My PSP Go's power light has been flashing slowly on and off for the past half an hour. the bluetooth light is on as well. the Screen is blank and the battery is basically dead, as it wouldn't turn on before this happened. It started after i tried to unplug the charger from the power adaptor, into my computer, to charge it that way, then this happened.

right now i'm just going to leave it on charge, to see if that will fix anything. Any help would be excellent/

Thanks

Btw, i rarely visit forums, so I'm unfamiliar with any etiquette, sorry if I've done something wrong. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (2,546 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: HELP! PSP Go Power Light Blinking Green

First off Welcome to the forums :smileyvery-happy:

Now about your etiquette, I must admit you are far more polite than many that pop onto the forums and DEMAND answers to their problems...so that's a double win for you :smileyhappy:

Now about the problem - personally I have never encountered such a situation, nor have I read of any such problem.
What I would do is first charge the PSP to it's maximum capacity then try to restart the PSP Go.

If it still does not turn on and you witness similar strange behaviour, Normally a ring to the Sony customer support would provide you with more details on your problem, but this does not sound like a typical scenario.
So it would be in your best interest to have it taken to wherever you purchased it from, and request a replacement, or a refund.

I hope I was helpful. Happy gaming :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (2,534 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: HELP! PSP Go Power Light Blinking Green

[ Edited ]

It does just sound like a flat battery.

However, you need to be aware of the way in which the PSP go recharges;

To recharge the PSP go via a USB cable plugged into a PC or PS3, the PSP go has to be switched on and set to USB mode - it won't charge from a USB cable otherwise.

So if you're trying to charge it from the USB cable plugged into your laptop, that is why the green light is flashing - it is warning you that the battery is low charge and it isn't recharging because it isn't in USB mode.

Basicaly when the PSP go's battery is flat, the only way to charge it is to plug it into the mains - and it will then take about 2 hours to fully charge.

I am fairly certain that charging it via the mains will solve this for you. If not, as Ragnarok says you'll need to phone Sony - but as I say I highly doubt this will be called for as it does just sound like a flat battery.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (2,532 Views)
0 Kudos