Playstation Staff

Re: Media GO! On the Mac ...

Bull*****, Apple and Sony Should Be One For All Im Concerned. Their Competitors are Microsoft so they should... on second thought... their not putting up much of a fight so i could probably understand helping them out with their sales in something.

Still in all "im a Mac" and i have a PS3 and a PSP 3000, having both kinda picks up the slack but I Keep My Mac close to my heart, Long Story Short... WE NEED THE APP. PLEASE!:Ill:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 61 of 166 (913 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I use both OS X and Linux and I really don't see why I should have to Micro$oft windows to make the most of my PSP are Sony actually trying to compete with M$ offering their software only on the windows platform? I am hoping to see an OS X and Linux version soon...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 166 (908 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Like I said before, too little marketshare. It might not be profitable to put a ton of money into developing one, especially considering there are workarounds to getting the Windows version working on Mac OS/Linux.

Here's an analogy to hopefully make it sink in. Should the owners of public utilities install urinals in female toilet blocks just to cater to the small percentage of people who are female pre-op transexuals?

http://gamerdungeon.com.au/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 63 of 166 (885 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I Dont know why Im still waiting to be honest. Are you mentally challenged sony?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 64 of 166 (862 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

You could almost think they don't rezad there own forums

this topic is over a year old, and they still keep on neglecting mac users

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 166 (848 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

CooLpro wrote:

Your right ... your numbers arent accurate ... perhaps you added them up using your PC which if its like any PC I've ever used, it probably couldn't add up 2+2 (that's 4 by the way ... dont push your processor by trying that one!)

I did know, thank you, & yes, Apple did see economic sense! By opening iTunes & therefore the iPod to the many Microsoft users they made the iPod the most successful personal mp3 player in history (so far). 

Now lets face it ... when it comes to consoles Sony & Microsoft are never really ever going to get on now are they? But (& this would have been a better argument) with their PC's running on Windows, Sony would develope on this first for any console support & yes Windows is the Ford Fiesta of opperating systems so lets make it for the masses! FINE I GET THAT!

What would make sense however, in a VERY competitive market in which EVERY customer you have is one that your rival doesn't, is to capture an unsupported minority of the computer market who will NEVER get support from Sony's biggest console rival!? & why not try & take on the iPod Touch & iPhone on on thier own turf?!

As far as who I would develop for ... everyone ... as exclusion is the is the mind set of the incapable & weak!

To illustrate - Microsoft released the Zune, that just ran on PC's ... case closed! 

Message Edited by CooLpro on 20-10-2009 08:48 PM

CoolPro I am with you 100%!!! This is rediculas. PCS ARE CRAP. I owned a mac (it lasted like 10 years and the letters were gone, it broke, bought a Top OF The Line PC, got the BSOD 100 times (exept my PC would say 0) and other stupid things. Shiped it in mutipule times, no effect. I just bought a mac. HAPPY!!! Got free ground shipping and still got here in to days! Get on the ball SONY!!!

P.S.

My PC can't do two plus two as well.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 166 (769 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Well that's it!

I sent a message to the moderators a month ago ... & heard nothing other than a "we will get back to you".

I sent a second message & ... NOTHING!

This thread has 1000's of hits but not ONE WORD from Sony even telling Mac users  "NO! There is not nor will there ever be any version of Media GO! for Mac!".

I cant continue to bother with the awkward methods I have been using to organise my PSP as I have no proper interface for it with my Mac.

Sure virtual box works but the lengthy process is in no way user friendly ... I have been spoiled by iTunes & my iPhone.

I will be taking my PSP to game for PX!

Sony you have let me down!

The PSP is a GREAT console ... the PSPgo! is also, but this is all for nothing with lousy narrow minded customer support.

The obtuse lack of regard to Mac users is as dumb as the comments on this thread slagging off Mac's.

Consumerism is about one thing ... making a choice & paying some money. Regardless of the choice you make or how much you spend you expect a certain level of support from the manufacturer.

Yes Mac's are expensive ... some would say over priced. The same is said of the PSP & many Sony products. However, this expense, to me, is justified in two ways -

1 - The product is extremely reliable (in my experience check for both Sony & Apple)

2 - If you have a problem the manufacturer helps the consumer with these problems as the manufacturer realises that the consumer is there life blood & sometimes needs help beyond opening their wallet to buy the product in the first place (in my experience check for Apple but not for Sony)

I never thought that lack of customer service would make me give up on the PSP, but it has!

I especially never thought that Sony would be a company that would let me down, but they have!

The PSP should be advertised as "NOT MAC COMPATIBLE" as the software designed to run it on is not.

Thanks for nothing Sony! I'll be using the money I get from my PSP to upgrade to a new iPhone 4! I advise all other Mac users to do the same!

BYE!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 166 (773 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

CooLpro wrote:

Well that's it!

I sent a message to the moderators a month ago ... & heard nothing other than a "we will get back to you".

I sent a second message & ... NOTHING!

This thread has 1000's of hits but not ONE WORD from Sony even telling Mac users  "NO! There is not nor will there ever be any version of Media GO! for Mac!".

I cant continue to bother with the awkward methods I have been using to organise my PSP as I have no proper interface for it with my Mac.

Sure virtual box works but the lengthy process is in no way user friendly ... I have been spoiled by iTunes & my iPhone.

I will be taking my PSP to game for PX!

Sony you have let me down!

The PSP is a GREAT console ... the PSPgo! is also, but this is all for nothing with lousy narrow minded customer support.

The obtuse lack of regard to Mac users is as dumb as the comments on this thread slagging off Mac's.

Consumerism is about one thing ... making a choice & paying some money. Regardless of the choice you make or how much you spend you expect a certain level of support from the manufacturer.

Yes Mac's are expensive ... some would say over priced. The same is said of the PSP & many Sony products. However, this expense, to me, is justified in two ways -

1 - The product is extremely reliable (in my experience check for both Sony & Apple)

2 - If you have a problem the manufacturer helps the consumer with these problems as the manufacturer realises that the consumer is there life blood & sometimes needs help beyond opening their wallet to buy the product in the first place (in my experience check for Apple but not for Sony)

I never thought that lack of customer service would make me give up on the PSP, but it has!

I especially never thought that Sony would be a company that would let me down, but they have!

The PSP should be advertised as "NOT MAC COMPATIBLE" as the software designed to run it on is not.

Thanks for nothing Sony! I'll be using the money I get from my PSP to upgrade to a new iPhone 4! I advise all other Mac users to do the same!

BYE!

I will probably do the same, if I sell my Xbox 360 and my PSP go i might be pretty close to the new iPhone. Sony you really let me down :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 166 (763 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

@CooLpro
You wouldn't be able to afford the deposit on an iPhone 4 with what you get for selling a PSP, and unless the iPhone 4 gets some tactile feedback it'll be nothing on the PSP for gaming.

1. Other cheaper products are also reliable. There's such a large range of PC manufacturer some are very high quality, others aren't. It pays to do a little research.

2. Apple isn't the only one with good support. It is however likely the one catering best to the technology incapable though.

I'm typing this out on an iPhone 3GS btw so I don't mind Apple products at all. I just really don't think you have any good enough points for Sony to give a *****. I wouldn't be surprised if there's only a handful of people responsible for the posts across all seven pages of this thread neither as the same names seem to keep popping up.

http://gamerdungeon.com.au/
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 69 of 166 (745 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

yes pleeeaseeeee!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 166 (743 Views)
0 Kudos