80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Media GO! On the Mac ...

167 Replies 55,785 Views Created 03-07-2009

Can anyone who wishes this software was converted to work on a Mac please ad their comments to this post.

Sony needs to wake up & realise that they need to support all their consumers regardless of the computer they chose to buy.

As I've seen other people comment on this problem & state the obvious that it would be one in the eye for Microsoft ... Lets face it they will never contemplate Mac support.

This can only become more important with the development of the PSP GO! There are plenty of third part companies that have developed software but only Sony could do one that would allow Playstation Store access (I presume).

This needs to get sorted!

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

dizzyjojo

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dizzyjojo
Accepted Solution

Lovin' the Mac/Windows argument. I own a Macbook and I'm a computer technician on Windows. I would love MediaGo on the Mac. 

Please Sony, sort it out! 

0 Kudos

Re: Media GO! On the Mac ...

/16

PredaConvoy

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PredaConvoy
Accepted Solution

I think not bothering to develop the MediaGo for use on MacOS is kinda lazy, come on Sony, I have been using a mac for years, as have many of your other customers. Please see the potential market you are missing out on here!

.. And while I am at it: how about talking to Apple and getting iTunes for PS3? That would be great, I could have it talk wirelessly to my Mac and not have to faff about with less than great 3rd party media server apps and lengthy streaming times.. I want my PS3 to be the centre of my home!

0 Kudos

/16

johnaldrine22

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
johnaldrine22
Accepted Solution

I agree with you. Even if Apple uses a completely different way of programming, Sony could easily get over that by collaborating with Apple. A lot of computer games and programs are Mac and Windows compatible, even Microsoft Office. So why not Media Go?

iTunes for PS3 would be awesome since the PS3 is really powerful and can handle a lot of data.

Maybe all of us (Mac users) should do something outside the forums and the message boards to get our message to those higher up in Sony. Something that would even get the media's attention.

OR

Someone good enough should take the initiative and create one for us. Someone who is very familiar with Mac and Windows.

=D

0 Kudos

/16

jokafeliciano

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jokafeliciano
Accepted Solution

I cant believe it that Media GO wont work on the MAC . What is Sony trying to do. How can a system that is used by the movie and music industry not be compatible with the PSPGO ?

They way forward is incorporate all systems MAC or PC in order to progress.

'The only way you will stop me using MAC is when you take it from my cold dead hands.'

Put it on the MAC NOW.....

JFELICI@UK

0 Kudos

/16

skaterdude1976

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
skaterdude1976
Accepted Solution
i a greey
0 Kudos

/16

bigdrockdarius

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bigdrockdarius
Accepted Solution

Macs suck really bad but their really need to be a verison for mac. If mac computers would just run windows like the rest of the world, this would not have happen

0 Kudos

/16

perrys2271

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
perrys2271
Accepted Solution

I agree cross platform support is needed for the PSP. Mac has more than 10% of the computer market, and growing, can the PC market say they are still growing? I know Sony Computers makes PCs, but is it so wrong to support us Mac users who love the Playstation and the Mac?

Wake up Sony, more money to be made here! Hello!!!!

0 Kudos

/16

RagingAvatar

58%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RagingAvatar
Accepted Solution
Just posting merely to say - yes Sony, I would like Media Go on my Mac. Thanks.
0 Kudos

/16

hdhdbhddh

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hdhdbhddh
Accepted Solution

:Sniper:I totally agree I mean we have a windows part of this computer that I am using because we hacked it but still mac is a lot easier to use then windows hopefully they make one soon for the mac   :Sniper: we will hunt you down Sony if you don't :xEvil: :Samurai:  :Evil:

0 Kudos

/16

Tahvo

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tahvo
Accepted Solution
Can you even use Psp on Mac ? Does that Usb suport it ?
0 Kudos

/16

Co1onel-225

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Co1onel-225
Accepted Solution

Tahvo wrote:
Can you even use Psp on Mac ? Does that Usb suport it ?

Of course, you can plug the psp in via usb or plug the memory card directly into the computer. It's just a bunch of files anyways, so why would it not be able to work?

0 Kudos

/16

CooLpro

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CooLpro
Accepted Solution

Just to let everyone know I posted this to the mods for the third time ...

I still have no official reply on this thread ...
To: Community Team - Moderator Yaster
on 12-01-2011 04:09 PM

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSP-General-Discussion/Media-GO-On-the-Mac/td-p/8320258

This thread has 123 replies & 25238 views on sending this email, many asking for an official standpoint.

If you read it you will see that because of the lack of Mac support I personally have sold my PSP as it made it so inconvenient to use.

I do think that there needs to be some kind of official note to at least acknowledge these frustrations even if the software is not going to be ported to Mac.

Please can you say something as a moderator of this site or can I have an email address for someone at Sony to send this link to so I can try & get their comments on the customers of  their products that are feeling unsupported & ignored.

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suggest everyone that wants media go on the mac to sends an email with "media go for the mac" as the subject to the email address the MOD has given above. Put a link to this thread in it & perhaps someone will pay us some attention ... I cant believe it has taken this long for a MOD to reply & with such a little amount of information. 

It seems the only way to go now it to contact Sony direct!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
Thanks, CooLpro.

Private messages are just that. They are sent in confidence. But I will reiterate what I said and that is that as far as I know there are no plans for Media Go on MAC. But my knowledge only reaches as far as any other user on here as far as a program like this is concerned.

I may get the drop on news regarding game releases etc. but I have limited visibility on the status of services based on PC or MAC platforms.

As for contact details, there is a link for everyone to see in the bottom left of the forum and a telephone number in the PlayStation 3 General Discussion forum, these have been there for some time.

But like I said, as far as plans for Media Go to reach another platform other than PC, I have no news and anyone will have any, it will most likely be after it's release.
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
/16

CooLpro

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CooLpro
Accepted Solution

It would seem that the Moderators are not happy with me advertising the general lack of information or knowledge there is on this subject as "private messages are private" even though the above post says exactly what is in the "private" message! I thought such a position was closer in its links to the company it works for than it obviously is ... my mistake!

So, I publicly apologise if I upset you Mr Yaster but I saw no harm in posting the details you sent me as they are freely available on the site for everyone as you said!

Now, in a similar vein, I have just received this "official reply" from Sony ...

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding PlayStation.

With the PC been the most common platform used by our consumers Media go was developed as a PC only application. This may change in the future however we currently have no plans to launch Media Go on the MAC.

It is possible to install Windows using the Bootcamp software provided by Apple.

Once Windows has been installed you can then install MediaGo on your MAC, under the Windows operating system.

Thank you, 

PlayStation Team
Sony Computer Entertainment UK
PlayStation Support: 0844 736 0595
E-Mail:
Help@uk.playstation.com
Web: http://www.playstation.co.uk/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This none answer is pathetic! But is never the less an answer ... at last!

So officially - There is NO SUPPORT for Media Go! on the MAC, nor are there ANY plans to be!

Great! Well done Sony ... here's hoping the PSP starts to come with a free copy of Windows as bootcamp doesn't come with one as its a PC emulation programme not a free way to get windows on a MAC?! Or if not the PSP should be advertised as "NOT MAC COMPATIBLE!".

I will NOT be following this up any more & will NEVER buy a PSP ever again!

Media GO! + Mac = Media STOP!

0 Kudos

/16
21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gracilianomirand
Accepted Solution

We can use (Parallels Desktop). The program that allows you to run Win 7 on Mac.

I'm using it without problem on my Macbook Pro.

Hugs.

Graciliano - São Paulo - Brazil

0 Kudos

/16

T-o-m-k-O-x

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
T-o-m-k-O-x
Accepted Solution

Heh... I'm a Mac user (since 2002 for my personal purposes Mac only). I use (since January 2011) Mac AppStore (Booom! Cool apps for really cool price, excellent download speed, mangement etc). I don't like PCs and I hate Windows (sorry "ms fans"), so - by this way - I will never buy Sony's Vaio or any vario-pc, sorry Sony (and sorry sony+mikrosoft fanboys). I was looking for a psp console (which to buy etc.). Now it seems, that the best choice is to buy iPod touch 4G (32 GB) :Cool: The rest (seems to) sux.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Grantalon

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Grantalon
Accepted Solution

Hey another Mac user here, sony really needs to get with the program and the need for Media Go on the mac. It is in the end hurting them more then anything. Im not going to buy a sony laptop of my macbook pro so I can use it with sony accessories (yes, I know any PC would do) however, I will end up not buying more sony stuff in the future if it does not work with my mac which i know and love dearly.

Please Sony, hear our call for Media Go on the Mac.

xxxxx

0 Kudos

/16

TETE001

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TETE001
Accepted Solution

A message to anyone who arrives at this thread wondering why Sony will not release Media Go for the Mac OS. With the imminent release of the NGP this is the time for all of us Mac users to make ourselves heard. Leave a post here registering your interest in Media Go for mac, or use the feedback form on the Media Go microsite

http://mediago.sony.com/enu/send-feedback/

There's no legitimate reason that I can think of that explains why Sony will not do this. They are shooting themselves in the foot!

0 Kudos

/16

rashgup

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rashgup
Accepted Solution

:Help:helloi  got psp go yesterday and unable to use it can any body help me how to us eit as i am facing problem in using it and playing cso game which i have downloaded frm torrent and help me plz help me :Help: 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution
Er there is a very legit reason why Sony dont support Mac. They dont make them. Sony broke there "Sony only devices" rule for the very first time for Idevices and that was luck. Nothing else. Remote play = Sony devices only. Qriocity = Sony devices only. Only support web kit because Sony lap tops now have chrome pre installed.
0 Kudos

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Subscriber Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now... free versions built in to console OS...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

Jahmaali98

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jahmaali98
Accepted Solution

yes i need media go on the mac because i have a mac  and my pspgo is not going into the playstation store and the only way i can go into the store is by a pc and i do not have a pc computer so we do need a media go software download for the mac 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel