12 Aug 2007
Playstation Staff

PSP Video Output - Will it be on the current model?

5 Replies 495 Views Created 12-08-2007
I wonder if Sony will allow the current model of the PSP to output to a TV.

I spotted this photo of the new slimline PSP on CVG

The picture shows what looks like the current model's headphone/remote socket but on the slimline model it has the AV Out symbol.

This just got me wondering if the AV Output goes through the same port as the remote connects and if it does, will the current model also support it.

It would be great but somehow I reckon Sony will has altered the connection enough so the output won't work on the current model.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: PSP Video Output - Will it be on the current model?

The headphone/mic port on current PSP models probably isnt wired up to any form of video link.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (495 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

That picture is the new model, look at the edges, there to smooth, the current model has slightly sharper edges.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I highly doubt it will work, the two ports are completly different... :xRolleyes:
 photo 2hgctuf.png

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I highly doubt it will work, the two ports are completly different... :xRolleyes: The ports look identical to me, look: ABOVE: Current PSP Headphone/Remote Port (With headphone icon) ABOVE: New Slimline PSP Headphone port (with headphone icon) but also with AV icon too It looks to me as if the ports are the same, the only difference in looks is the new slimline one has the AV icon meaning it's the AV out port as well. This is what got me wondering whether the current PSP will also support video out. EDIT: Sorry I've just noticed the new PSP has more contacts on the port, oh well.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Sv: PSP Video Output - Will it be on the current model?

I wonder if Sony will allow the current model of the PSP to output to a TV.

I spotted this photo of the new slimline PSP on CVG

The picture shows what looks like the current model's headphone/remote socket but on the slimline model it has the AV Out symbol.

This just got me wondering if the AV Output goes through the same port as the remote connects and if it does, will the current model also support it.

It would be great but somehow I reckon Sony will has altered the connection enough so the output won't work on the current model.

Good luck with that ,lol

If it had that opinion to use it as video out, then I gonna laugh..Wich I really doubt I will...

(sorry sp, havnt slept all night)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (495 Views)
0 Kudos