Reply
07 Nov 2009
By: NumberNone Member 20 Posts
Level 1
Offline

Sony SCEE Customer Service fail.

26 Replies 756 Views Created 07-11-2009

Just spent an hour on the phone with a 'supervisor' and despite they can see that I downloaded the PSP GT theme directly to my PSP Go on 5th October, because I mistakenly tried to get the them on my PSP 2000 prior to this (as I was passing on the PSP to my young son and he likes GT on PS3) they won't send me a code.

 

Never mind that I am a Playstation customer of 14 or so years. Or that I am a regular purchaser on the PSN store. Or that common sense would dictate that a company's best interests might be served by sending the code in this instance, giving a loyal customer what was promised in the promotional materials. I was even told by the supervisor that he could see I was elligible, but because I tried to download the them via Media Go initially he would not help me. So I find myself in the absurd situation that a customer services rep tells me I am elligible for the code but they won't send it to me.

 

This says a lot about Sony. It seems the treatment of SCEE customers that folks moan about in these threads and other places on the internet are justified. That Sony SCEE can't see their way to allowing common sense to prevail tells me that my feeling that their putting the theme on the general store was in fact a cynical ploy. That they knew folks would make mistakes like this and that would cut down on the number of downloads they had to give away.

 

While I won't be chucking away my investment in hardware and software by trading all my Sony stuff, I will certainly not be buying any more Sony consoles in future. I'm sure I'll live without the limited number of Sony exclusives on PS4 and I won't be giving more money to a company that can't even provide customer support on a case by case basis and put aside policy for common sense when required.

 

Very poor show. Sony once again prove that they don't care about annoying longterm customers.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27 (756 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 

Re: Sony SCEE Customer Service fail.

My sentiments exactly.

 

It is a real shame that Sony has decided to treat its loyal customers in this way.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27 (730 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 

Re: Sony SCEE Customer Service fail.


NumberNone wrote:

Just spent an hour on the phone with a 'supervisor' and despite they can see that I downloaded the PSP GT theme directly to my PSP Go on 5th October, because I mistakenly tried to get the them on my PSP 2000 prior to this (as I was passing on the PSP to my young son and he likes GT on PS3) they won't send me a code.

 

Never mind that I am a Playstation customer of 14 or so years. Or that I am a regular purchaser on the PSN store. Or that common sense would dictate that a company's best interests might be served by sending the code in this instance, giving a loyal customer what was promised in the promotional materials. I was even told by the supervisor that he could see I was elligible, but because I tried to download the them via Media Go initially he would not help me. So I find myself in the absurd situation that a customer services rep tells me I am elligible for the code but they won't send it to me.

 

This says a lot about Sony. It seems the treatment of SCEE customers that folks moan about in these threads and other places on the internet are justified. That Sony SCEE can't see their way to allowing common sense to prevail tells me that my feeling that their putting the theme on the general store was in fact a cynical ploy. That they knew folks would make mistakes like this and that would cut down on the number of downloads they had to give away.

 

While I won't be chucking away my investment in hardware and software by trading all my Sony stuff, I will certainly not be buying any more Sony consoles in future. I'm sure I'll live without the limited number of Sony exclusives on PS4 and I won't be giving more money to a company that can't even provide customer support on a case by case basis and put aside policy for common sense when required.

 

Very poor show. Sony once again prove that they don't care about annoying longterm customers.

 

Mate i had the same conversation with a Sony rep in head office who also said i was eligble for a code but wouldn't be sent it as the 1st time i downloaded the theme it failed. I told him about how i've been a fan of Sony & had bought several PSN things, all the consoles since PS1 & even suggested common sense prevail in this situation. He didn't back down even tho in his words "i had done everything right".

 

Poor poor show Sony, you've pushed me closer to Microsoft.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27 (717 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 

Re: Sony SCEE Customer Service fail.

I am still waiting for my code, and downloaded the theme on my psp 1000 first before I downloaded the theme on my psp go so surely they cannot get out of sending me the code.

 

In my eyes I downloaded the theme on a PSP Go on 1st October and have therefore done what Sony required in order to get a free GT download. 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27 (711 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 

Re: Sony SCEE Customer Service fail.

yes i am having the same thoughts. to be completely honest i am getting increasingly annoyed at sony because they just arn't interested in their customers, they are just interested in the cash when that isn't what the foundation of the company was built on. they are supposed to be entertaining the world with their gadgets, and helping anyone that can't share the experience as much, but obviously they don't care.

 

i havent had a code either, and yet i downloaded the code 7 times. this is extremely unfair.

 

and you know what i have noticed?! anything that they give out as FREE* is EXTREMELY hard to get your hands on. thats what i find so bludy annoying about them.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27 (702 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 

Re: Sony SCEE Customer Service fail.

Unfortunately, it's a very common sentiment that the European wing of Sony appears to be run by morons. Can you imagine someone in America getting that sort of treatment? It would never happen. They would have lawsuits coming out of every orifice.

 

We get shafted here because.. well because as a culture we bend over and take it.

------------------------------
I'm the cynical one.
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27 (697 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 

Re: Sony SCEE Customer Service fail.

SCEE have lost it. They forget that money doesn't rain from the sky, it comes from cutomers.

 

There is a golden rule of all business in the world: one happy customer will bring 10 new customers, while one unhapy customer will  discourage 100 of others.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27 (692 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 

Re: Sony SCEE Customer Service fail.

yep, it just somes this so called "country" up. we are push overs.

 

this is really doing my bludy head in. MICROSOFT WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM SO WHY SHOULD WE!

 

i have just payed £230 and don't even get the PROMICED.. FREE*... GAME. that is NOT acceptable in my opinion and i think ANYONE deserves at least one free game when they get the pspGO, not just sum sh!t OLD games from that stupid list where you pick any 3.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27 (684 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 

Re: Sony SCEE Customer Service fail.


markymillertime5 wrote:

Mate i had the same conversation with a Sony rep in head office who also said i was eligble for a code but wouldn't be sent it as the 1st time i downloaded the theme it failed. I told him about how i've been a fan of Sony & had bought several PSN things, all the consoles since PS1 & even suggested common sense prevail in this situation. He didn't back down even tho in his words "i had done everything right".

 

Poor poor show Sony, you've pushed me closer to Microsoft.


That is even more messed up than myconversation as the problem for you was almost certainly thepoor quality servers their end. Seems Sony reall don't give a monkey's about their early adopter fanbase. Which is why, as of now, I will not be buying any new Sony consoles.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27 (638 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 1
 

Re: Sony SCEE Customer Service fail.


wills wrote:

I am still waiting for my code, and downloaded the theme on my psp 1000 first before I downloaded the theme on my psp go so surely they cannot get out of sending me the code.

 

In my eyes I downloaded the theme on a PSP Go on 1st October and have therefore done what Sony required in order to get a free GT download. 


Trust me mate, you won't get you code. I did just what you have described, because my son wanted the theme on his PSP 2000. I then downloaded on my PSP Go. Sony CA will just give you the same big fat no they gave me after over and hour on the phone with them. 

 

They put the theme on the main store simply to trip people up this way and cut down on the number of downloads they had to give away. Cynical promotional huckerstering at its best.

 

All of this has made me see Sony in a brand new light. 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27 (636 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos