Playstation Staff

Re: Themes?

well for some reason i cant get the themes to work on my psp, created a new folder named themes in the psp directory and downloaded the files to my pc then pasted them in there, but when i goto select theme i can still only pick the original one not the new ones. Am i missing something here?

p.s yes i have the latest fw, 3.71
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 39 (1,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

well for some reason i cant get the themes to work on my psp, created a new folder named themes in the psp directory and downloaded the files to my pc then pasted them in there, but when i goto select theme i can still only pick the original one not the new ones. Am i missing something here?

p.s yes i have the latest fw, 3.71

Because the folder is suppose to be called THEME not themes.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 39 (1,754 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Because the folder is suppose to be called THEME not themes.

ha ha how bad do i feel now, simple little thing like that and i couldnt spot it. cheers m8 its been getting me really worked up.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 39 (1,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

With who are you referring to? If its me read the other post again - when i tried to save the file from the site, because the format isn't recognised by the OSX it opens the file as a text/ word document which is no good to transfer onto the PSP.
You need to save the file onto your desktop somewhere and then drag and drop over to your PSP instead of just opening it directly, CTRL+Click and Save Link As should do the trick.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 39 (1,754 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

if they learn a little bit about homebrew etc, before they do it, they will be fine, anyway if a brick, Pandora to the rescue

And if you dont have Pandora, or you have a slimline PSP, which it wont work in?

I rest my case in said regard

I know it is a bit obvious but somebody had to say it. You can brick your PSP whilst updating to official firmwares and from my experience it is easier to brick updating to official firmwares as three friends of mine have bricked updating to official firmwares. However, out of my friends who have updated to Custom Firmwares (about 7 of us) none of us hve bricked it, and if we do there is recovery mode for a semi brick and a pandoras battery for a complete one.

I know you can brick with official FWs too, but from what I understand, its easier to brick custom FW.

We had better stop this talk though, not for my sake, but for the topics sake.

Lets just all get along, ok...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 39 (1,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Pandora does work in the slim, thats how team m33 got 3.60m33 firmware running on it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

w00p
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 39 (1,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I know you can brick with official FWs too, but from what I understand, its easier to brick custom FW.

Other way round if you follow the instuctions! Recovery mode is there if you semi-brick anyway and a pandoras battery will fix a full brick (I believe)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 39 (1,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

You need to save the file onto your desktop somewhere and then drag and drop over to your PSP instead of just opening it directly, CTRL+Click and Save Link As should do the trick.

Hi oddball and thanks for trying to help but i already tried all the variables on my mac to download that file, i had tried the way you suggested before but it still downloads link as a .txt file so is no good:smileysad:

Got it sorted though as a kind community member emailed them for me big cheers to AsREDaS:Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 39 (1,754 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Got it sorted though as a kind community member emailed them for me big cheers to AsREDaS:Thumbs:

no probs m8,

p.s I've added you on the xbox.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 39 (1,754 Views)
0 Kudos