29 Feb 2012
Playstation Staff

Transfering PS1 Games to PSP from PS3

2 Replies 753 Views Created 29-02-2012

Seems they have removed this fuction (for some unknown reason)...

I have about 3 PS1 games on my PSP that the time limit ran out when my PS+ subscription lapsed. 

I have since renewed my subscription but I can't pay the PS1 games on my PSP unless I transfer them over from the PS3. But I can't do that :smileysad: grrrr... (or any PS1 games that isn't tied to a PS+ subscription).

Spoken to the PS Support and they say that I can only trasnsfer them over before they are installed onto the PSP (Where the icon is in a bubble).

My question is... Will i have to do this every time my PS+ subscription lapse (and is renewed)? as the 5 games I have got have a total size of 1.6GB and my Internet connection is really *****! (0.8mbps!)

My PSP is a PSP2003.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (753 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Re: Transfering PS1 Games to PSP from PS3

[ Edited ]

Manual payment for PS+ = Yes  

Auto renew payment = NO. ( as long as you login to PSN on PSP.)

All Free PS3 Game content from PSN should also have been disabled...

Well thats how it was working.... 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. User of... VM cable, SKY+HD, Game Capture HD II. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43.
Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast... and TV from Sky PS4.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (748 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Transfering PS1 Games to PSP from PS3

Reaper190 wrote:

Seems they have removed this fuction (for some unknown reason)...

I have about 3 PS1 games on my PSP that the time limit ran out when my PS+ subscription lapsed. 

I have since renewed my subscription but I can't pay the PS1 games on my PSP unless I transfer them over from the PS3. But I can't do that :smileysad: grrrr... (or any PS1 games that isn't tied to a PS+ subscription).

Spoken to the PS Support and they say that I can only trasnsfer them over before they are installed onto the PSP (Where the icon is in a bubble).

My question is... Will i have to do this every time my PS+ subscription lapse (and is renewed)? as the 5 games I have got have a total size of 1.6GB and my Internet connection is really *****! (0.8mbps!)

My PSP is a PSP2003.

There is a way around this and it works everytime, as long as you have your PSN info on the PSP and its setup on your home network.

1. Goto Account management

2. Transaction Managment

3. Download List

4. Find the ofending games

5. This bit is important!!!! Hit download and it will pop up saying Activating as soon as it has done that bit hit CANCEL!! All you have done is download a new licence for the game to the PSP and it will work fine till the new renewal date then just rise and repeat.

This works for PSone, Mini's and PSP games

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (456 Views)
0 Kudos