Killzone_Kid

94%
06 Rank
Progress

=Trying to UPDATE but getting (DADADADA) error? Read this...=

9 Replies 8,421 Views Created 20-12-2007
20 Dec 2007
By Killzone_Kid
If you are trying to update your PSP to the latest official firmware but are getting DADADADA error, this means that your PSP has a custom firmware. Custom firmware is a modified version of the official firmware. Custom firmware allows you to run so called 'homebrew' applications on your PSP as well as majority of the official PSP games. However custom firmware is not supported by Sony, so if you have problem with running an application, you can forget about going through the official channels. Go back to whoever sold you the PSP and ask them what to do. This also means that your PSP is second hand, no need to mention that any warranty is already void. However it is still possible to upgrade to the official Sony firmware on your custom PSP, but it is not straight forward and there is a possibility that your PSP may become inoperable as a result. The DADADADA means Dark Alex (initials) who is the creator of the original custom firmware. He disabled the ability to upgrade to official firmware because the procedure had a potential to kill your PSP and in those days it was impossible to restore it. In order to find out what firmware you have go to System Settings -> System Information and read what it says under System Software. The official firmware has only numbers like 3.80 for example. Custom firmware usually has some letters as well as numbers like 3.71 OE-A or 3.71 M-33 for example. So the bottom line is, if you have custom firmware on your PSP it will be difficult to update it to the official firmware. Either return your PSP to whoever sold it to you and get a brand new one from a shop, or continue upgrading to custom firmware (if it has an upgrade). THIS IS NOT THE THREAD ABOUT CUSTOM FIRMWARE SO PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS IT HERE.
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[the_don]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[the_don]
Accepted Solution
May i add for people who still wish to run official sony firmware on a psp that has previously had custom firmware you need to google for something called chilly willy key cleaner. Using this you can restore certain keys on your psp which will allow you to run official sony firmware on it
0 Kudos

Re: =Trying to UPDATE but getting (DADADADA) error? Read this...=

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Plumhead

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Plumhead
Accepted Solution
Oooo, the DADADA Error, not a good sign :gr8:

If you say the error it would help..
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[Eavplay2]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Eavplay2]
Accepted Solution
Not that I support homebrew or piracy, but Custom FW is pretty useful with all those programs and you can also back up any UMD.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

silent-viper

78%
03 Rank
Progress
silent-viper
Accepted Solution
Oooo, the DADADA Error, not a good sign :gr8: If you say the error it would help.. personally i think the DADADADA error is a very good sign. it means custom firmware is on the psp which is far better than the official Sony firmware
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Killzone_Kid

94%
06 Rank
Progress
Killzone_Kid
Accepted Solution
personally i think the DADADADA error is a very good sign. it means custom firmware is on the psp which is far better than the official Sony firmware I have both and I like it this way, though since the release of Internet Radio I haven't used my custom one. In fact this changed things. I like the radio player plugin much more than homebrew version of the internet radio. I don't like official radio player design, so I'm working on it as we speak, but the core plug-in is very good in terms of quality and re-usability. If you want to see a glim http://pspradio.co.uk
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jeroensky

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Jeroensky
Accepted Solution
DADADA message = security in open firmware. because it's a stupid action to update (in 1 step) from OE firmware to original firmware. The message prevents that your PSp bricks, because a OE firmware has 1.50 kernel, so the newer original firmware will activate the make firmware corrupt function(build in newer firmware by Sony). Solution; update it to newer open edition firmware, if nessesary, or let someone who knows what he/she do (like read tutorials/readme of OE firmwares) to change from OE to original firmware. Did you know that OE/M33 firmware gives MORE possibilities on your PSP then original firmware.(not really smart to update to original) Also OE/M33 discussions are not useful here on this forum, since this is a censored Sony forum, use google to find free to discuss PSp forums.(like search for domain qj.net) P.s. radio function is not that special, we also got RSSfeeds, almost the same thing, but then better(image/audio/video).
0 Kudos

∆○×□ PSP1004 (Phat 1st gen.) 5.00 M33-6 (+1.50) + 32GB Pro-Duo.
∆○×□ PS4 4.X + 500GB hdd + Dualshock4 + PS4 Camera,

My website.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[Neo-Tech]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[Neo-Tech]
Accepted Solution
Finally somebody who has explained it properly. I also think that CFW is great and it has so many great apps just like hacking the iPhone. Well it's entirely upto people, I would'nt recommend OE/M33 to newbies until they have actually played with a bit "homebrew"
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[laurad5983]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[laurad5983]
Accepted Solution
hi
can you turnn custom firmware off as i'm a bit of a technophobe and don't understand 1 why its on my psp when i brought it as brand new and 2 if you can't switch it off how do you update the latest custom da firmware, tried but same dadadada message coming up!!! pls help me! it's my bf psp and he's more stupid than me so getting one up would be good!!!:p
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

[the_don]

80%
01 Rank
Progress
[the_don]
Accepted Solution
hi
can you turnn custom firmware off as i'm a bit of a technophobe and don't understand 1 why its on my psp when i brought it as brand new and 2 if you can't switch it off how do you update the latest custom da firmware, tried but same dadadada message coming up!!! pls help me! it's my bf psp and he's more stupid than me so getting one up would be good!!!:p

It is possible to update to the official firmware but it will mean you won't be able to play any more of the isos or emulators that are possible on a custom firmware psp. To be honest i rather stick on custom firmware. What firmware is the psp on?
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel