08 Jan 2012
Playstation Staff

where to get a decent brand new 3000?

5 Replies 399 Views Created 08-01-2012

I I have some unfinished business with the psp, where can i get a brand new 3000 for a decent price? the only place on sony ebay, but they well it for £130.

PS I bought the psp street/e1000 but i returned it because it is awful

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (399 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: where to get a decent brand new 3000?

The 3000 have been discounted now along with the PSPGo. I would imagine finding a brand new 3000 for a decent price would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (380 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

ocelot07 wrote:
The 3000 have been discounted now along with the PSPGo. I would imagine finding a brand new 3000 for a decent price would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

did you mean discounted or discontinued, if you ment discontinued I was sure that the 3000 was still in production along with the e1000

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (373 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
No the PSP 3000 has been discontinued as of October last year. There is a few old stock kicking around but they are like finding a needle in a haystack, for example GAME and Comet had the PSP 3000 on offer over Christmas for £39.99 but they were selected stores only and according to GAME employees the stock levels were so low that it was not worth bothering about.

With the Vita's release just around the corner the PSP is now aimed at kids and young teenagers hence the move to the E1000/street model. To be honest for £85 it's a bargain as long as you are not looking for wireless or Internet interactivity. I bought my daughter one for Christmas and sure it doesn't have the premium look and feel of my PSP 2000 but the screen is pretty decent infact it's alot brighter and had better contrast compared to the 2000 and the interlacing issue that plagued the 3000 series is gone as the new screen in the E1000 is progressive and not interlaced like previous models.

The only issue I have with it is that the screen has a poor viewing angle from the bottom but other than that for £85 it's a decent purchase and your only choice for a new psp.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (358 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

You could try Amazon they have some 3000's in stock but they seem to selling at a premium price for limited new models available in stock.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/278-2329054-3681747?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-key...

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (352 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i was fortunate to find the Vibrant Blue PSP Harry Potter bundle a month ago in Sainsburys for £55 (including staff discount)

It had been sitting in the back for over a year with no takers.

Vibrant Blue PSP 3000

Protective Carry Case

Harry Potter Half Blood Prince Game

Not bad for £55

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (302 Views)
0 Kudos