Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: 8 Rock Band packs are more expensive than buying the songs on their own *****!!!!

[ Edited ]

I have just looked at the announcement from last week on thr Rockband forums and another 5 track pack is priced at £5.25 (the AFI one) what are Harmonix doing? The US price of $8.49 for the pack is less than the $9.95 cost for buying each individual track so can't someone there do simple arithmetic? This doesn't seem to affect 3 track packs as they're usually £2.49 or bigger track packs like Queen which are cheaper than buying each individual track separately.

Just to rub it in there is no Rockband DLC is on our store ATM apart from the Beatles Sgt Pepper album/tracks this week ( luckily the correct week this time around unlike last months Abbey Road DLC ), so yet again SCEE " forgets " to get Rockband DLC onto our store while everything is present and correct on the US one. What a great job UK/EU PSN store are doing .... not!!

Message Edited by Sol1dSid on 20-11-2009 01:56 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13 (1,810 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: 8 Rock Band packs are more expensive than buying the songs on their own *****!!!!

[ Edited ]

Well, it used to not affect 3 song packs. Now look at the latest HMX release and they are attempting to charge £3.99 for a 3 song pack which is £2.97 for individual songs! This is taking the mick now.

Source : http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174106

I am hoping that SCEE have denied the new track packs from entering the store, but they should also be removing the already incorrect packs and informing HMX/EA that this is not acceptable! I feel sorry for anyone who has actually thought these packs were cheaper (as advertised on PSN Store and in-game!!) and I hope they somehow get the difference back.

I have reported this issue on the PS Blog (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/11/26/%e2%80%98heads-up%e2%80%99-playstation-store-update-26th-n...) and on the HMX Tech Support forums (http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174106) but I am personally getting tired of having to check track packs before making a real informed choice!

Message Edited by Blasteroids on 27-11-2009 12:21 AM
Message Edited by Blasteroids on 27-11-2009 12:22 AM
-- PS3 60GB (FW3.15/320GB) : PS3 Slim (FW3.21/120GB) --
On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 09:58 -0700, geoffrey.levand at am.sony.com wrote: "Please be assured that SCE is committed to continue the support for previously sold models that have the “Install Other OS” feature and that this feature will not be disabled in future firmware releases."
18/08/09 John Kollor said "If anyone wants to use previous models and change the OS, they can do so."
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13 (1,727 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I think they got the prices mixed up for € and £. If you look at the € price its the price 3 packs are usually in £.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13 (1,681 Views)
0 Kudos