11 Jan 2012
By ytevo79
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

AMY - Official Launch Trailer (100% in-game rendering)

[ Edited ]
31 Replies 423 Views edited 11-01-2012

Looking really good and looks like survival horror is back! Its just a shame I cant afford it today tho :smileysad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JYDeZa3N_-o

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 32 (423 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Re: AMY - Official Launch Trailer (100% in-game rendering)

Does look good indeed.

You know any more info about this game?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 32 (415 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Basically its like ICO meets zombies. You are Lana, infected with a virus and you need Amy to survive and have to work together as a team and help each other escape.

You can either control Amy, or tell her to go through small openings to find a way through a doorway or blocked route. You can pretend to be a zombie and stagger past the enemies. Or when combat is avoidable use a trusty old lead pipe or anything else you can find.

EDIT: The game is by VectorCell, who is made up from ex Delphine Software members (Flashback, Another World and the much loved and missed MotoRacer), and is about 10 hours in length for £7.99 I find that a steal!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32 (406 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Well ICO is one of my favourite games of all time, so I hope you are not using the name flippantly :smileytongue:

I am very tempted indeed.  I don't often finish scary games as I get too scared despite loving some of them (such as Dead Space).

Playing only late at night near midnight with lights off and surround sound on certainly adds to the atmosphere but makes it even more scarier thus I jump more and find it harder to play lol.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32 (404 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

LordRoss wrote:

Well ICO is one of my favourite games of all time, so I hope you are not using the name flippantly :smileytongue:

I am very tempted indeed.  I don't often finish scary games as I get too scared despite loving some of them (such as Dead Space).

Playing only late at night near midnight with lights off and surround sound on certainly adds to the atmosphere but makes it even more scarier thus I jump more and find it harder to play lol.

That's their wording from the trailer description not mine :smileytongue:

I'm the same :smileyvery-happy: I only could play Dead Space in stints and I'm in no rush to by the sequel :Lol: Na its good when games can offer that level of fear. But these sort of games are missing really from this gen, what with growing up with Resident Evil and all.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32 (400 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

havent played a survival horror in ages (er, oh wait apart from DS2), this looks pretty fun, a bit Silent Hill-ish mixed with ICO, which cant be bad. hopefully itll have some puzzley bits to it aswell.
TwitterMIDRIGHT
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32 (375 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Sweet put some emergency funds in the bank so I can by it later (hope it is definitely coming as promised).
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 32 (368 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Its out a week today?

EDIt.. nope it is out today!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 32 (357 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/review/amy-review/2/

OPM give it a resounding 4/10.

Never like to judge a game off of a trailer and, for me, that trailer wasn't all that impressive anyway.

Shame, as I like horrors, I'd have happily gone for this.

The first 18minutes video shows the gameplay and it looks quite rigid in motion to me, which is a bit of a disappointment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32 (342 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Well that's a shame, as I was jolly well looking forward to this.

Silent Hill Downpour looks like it could still be the saving grace of true survival horror, but I'll be getting AMY anyway, purely because ever since HAZE and Timeshift, I've never trusted review sites.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 32 (329 Views)
0 Kudos