PlayStation®Store

PlayStation®Store

27 Mar 2012
By: R100ELL Member 7 Posts
Level 1

Activated systems - why only 2 now instead of 5

7 Replies 426 Views Created 27-03-2012

Hi,

I have 3 PS3's in my house (not bragging just got 2 kids who I didn't want on mine) and with this new ruling if I have DLC I can only put it on 1 of the other PS3's and if I want it on the other one I have to buy it again. I never used to have this problem but as the T&C was changed during a software update (according to a phone call to PSN support) I had no choice in the matter.

Does anyone know a workaround for this or is there somewhere / someone in Sony we can lobby to get this sorted. I understand that gamesharing is a breach of contract as per T&C but surely why should us honest PSN users be penalised for the stupidity of the few. Why should we have to pay more money out to an organisation that is minted already. :Argh:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (426 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Re: Activated systems - why only 2 now instead of 5

[ Edited ]

Why it was changed: too many people abused it.

What you can do about it? Not a lot. It's part of the conditions of purchase for any new purchases from the online store. I don't think it had much to do with an online update - by purchasing games, you agree to the licence terms (see the text on the game description on the store). You can deactivate and reactivate systems but I think there's a limit to how frequently you can do it and it's a pain.

Almost all antipiracy measures hurt the honest users more than the thieves. :smileysad:

Lobbying Sony? Good luck with that. I'd rather a system that lets me use my account on one system at a time but doesn't limit the number of systems. Though as that would require the system to always connect to the internet, it's not a great solution either. :smileyindifferent:

"And when I grow up
I will be smart enough to answer all
the questions that you need to know
the answers to before you're grown up"
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (422 Views)
Level 13

TBH it stinks!

QuietlyWrong wrote: I'd rather a system that lets me use my account on one system at a time but doesn't limit the number of systems. Though as that would require the system to always connect to the internet, it's not a great solution either. :smileyindifferent:

Works well for MS and most people nower days have a internet conection so it would not harm to impliment it as I think it is a better system

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (415 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Yeah it's a better system.

Steam does it quite nicely in that you can 'go offline', which allows you to use your account offline. Surely some suitable compromise could be achieved...

"And when I grow up
I will be smart enough to answer all
the questions that you need to know
the answers to before you're grown up"
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (412 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

I think some kind of hardware registration like on playstation.com all registered at the same home address would be the best option it's a frickin shame the game sharers have screwed it up for honest families with more than two systems. 

I have had friends requests and PSN messages asking to share over the past few months just can't believe the stupidity and scrounging tightness of this crowd spoiling it for others.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (401 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

How about this - surely they could operate it whereby if all the PS3's are using the same IP address they should be able to use the same DLC as an IP address is unique to one location regardless of the number of PS3's in the house

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (364 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Now it would appear as I can only have my account activated on 2 PS3's that Sony are denying me the right to use the content purchased prior to November 2011, which was for up to 5 PS3's, as I can't activate my other sons PS3

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!

BTW just noticed if you do a spell check on PS3's it suggests ASS's. How very true :Stupid:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (328 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

I agree somthing has to be done.

Thats is whyi have not deactivated my ps3 via the web as I have had five in total due to having two die on me and I still have three working ps3's in my house.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (319 Views)
0 Kudos