PlayStation®Store

PlayStation®Store

12 Jun 2011
By: ibk06 Member 14 Posts
Level 1
Accepted Solution

Disc based and PSN downloaded games compatibility

13 Replies 1198 Views Created 12-06-2011

I previously owned games like burnout and infamous on disc. Now with free games downloads from the UK store they are not picking up my game files. So now I have to start again if I want to play these games. This is very annoying, I would have thought games disc based or downloaded from the PAL region will not have issues like this. This needs to be fixed

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (1,198 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Disc based and PSN downloaded games compatibility

I would agree, it is annoying, but I don't expect them to view it as broken as they designed it that way.

The PS forum spell checker wants to replace xbox's with 'sob's' ! :Lol:
I'm not going to say what it wants to replace PS2's and PS3's with !!!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (1,179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

I found a fix for this on another website, sorry about the spelling it' not written by me.

• "I found the solution to this problem, at least for european users.
  • You will need an usb pendrive and a computer.
  • Insert the pendrive on your PS3 and copy the old savegame on inFamous into it.
  • Then put your pendrive in a computer and inside the inFamous save folder there is a filed named STATE, copy that file into your desktop.
  • Next go back to your PS3 and load the PSN version of inFamous and create a new savegame.
  • Then copy the new savegame to the pendrive, and connect to your computer again, open the new save folder in your pendrive and put the STATE file that you copied to your desktop in this new save folder.
  • Final step, put your pendrive back in the PS3 and copy the save from the drive, it will ask if you want to overwrite, say yes. The information in the save file remains equal as if you were in the beginning of the game, but when you load the game it will resume where you were in the disc version, now simple save the game and voila the information, is updated.

PS: in this process you should realize what's the cause of the old save not loading in the PSN version of inFamous, the savegame folder as different id code for the game, in my case the disc version folder is named "BCES00609_INFAMOUS_1" and the PSN version is named "BCES00220_INFAMOUS_1", so the reason is very simple, the games have different versions and the PS3 see's it as two different games.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (1,167 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

@FrazerEllis

sounds good!, I will give it a try sometime.

Thanks

Edit: Am wondering about trophys now though, will the trophy sync still view them as two different games?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (1,162 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Cheers will give that a go

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (1,152 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

It'll work just fine regarding trophies, as it's got the same ID in the save file and the game.
It's been working fine for me, so you'll be able to keep getting trophies, on top of the ones you might already have.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (1,147 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

A simpler, easier to follow guide: 

1) Copy your inFamous save game data to a USB pen drive.

2) Open up the inFamous save folder on your computer. Inside this folder is a file named 'STATE', copy this file to your desktop.

3) Go back to your PS3, load up the PSN version of inFamous and create a new save game.

4) Copy the new save game (from PSN version) to the pen drive.

5) Open up the new folder ("BCES00220_INFAMOUS_1"), and put the 'STATE' file that you copied to your desktop in this new save folder.

6) Put your pen drive back in the PS3 and copy the new file back to the PS3. It will ask you if you want to overwrite, say yes.

Once you've done all of that, load up the PSN version of inFamous.

When it loads, it should load up your old save file.

Then, simply press Start > Saved Data > Save Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (1,147 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

FrazerEllis wrote:
It'll work just fine regarding trophies, as it's got the same ID in the save file and the game.
It's been working fine for me, so you'll be able to keep getting trophies, on top of the ones you might already have.

Great thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (1,137 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

No problemo. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (1,131 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Cheers for that mate, worked fine and no issues with trophy. Going to see if I can try something similar with my burnout save file too. : P

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (1,121 Views)
0 Kudos