PlayStation®Network

PlayStation®Store

PlayStation®Store

23 Oct 2011
By: ArsenalMark Award Winner 6989 Posts
Level 10

Dungeon Defenders

12 Replies 582 Views Created 23-10-2011

Not sure when it'll be out in the Europe - but it's out on Steam, American PSN and XBLA.

I've got it on steam and it's amazing for the £10. One of, if not the best indie games I've bought this year.

It's a Tower Defence Action-RPG, It uses a (mostly) random-loot system and levelling up and combat from an Action-RPG, combined with a good ol' Tower Defence.

The graphics are pretty beautiful too.

Pictures, You know how to google right? http://bit.ly/qcoc6V

My only criticisms atm is that it's very reliant on co-op, the Apprentice and Squire classes can beat the game in 1player due to having actual towers, but the Monk and Huntress suffer.

Ask me questions about it and I'll try my best to answer!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (582 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: Dungeon Defenders

Suppose the only question left unanswered is how long for EU PSN.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (558 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Yeah had this on my radar for a while. Looks like an interesting take on the TD genre, although when I first saw it, I mistakenly thought it was a re-vamped Dungeon Keeper (which would also be sweet).

But if it's out in the US, Steam and XBLA, I'd expect it to be a surprise summer hit.

Seriously - how does SCEE justify the delay? They might want to review their processes, because others in the same boat manage...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (553 Views)
0 Kudos

might aswel get a Xbox atleast they get stuff out on time, UK pns sucks ! cant wait for the game an they havnt even got it on the coming soon section.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (535 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Due to it not being on the UK psn store i went and bought it on Xbox live.

It's an excellent game and if you got friends to play it with you'll have loads of fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (502 Views)
0 Kudos

I think this is a good game, what bothers me is the wallpapers are in the UK/EU store but the game isn't? w.tf?
I had to log into my American account just to DL the trial, its quite fun, like the layout and the customisation, disappointed it wasn't released either last week or this week.
Seriously what is going on at SCEE- 21 new themes instead of this?

My advice to you guys, just set up an American account and get the trial or DL the game on that account- much easier then getting a response from SCEE.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (470 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

They posted on the blog yesterday in the comments of the store update, someone asked about this game. The response was that it had failed QA a few times now and I can only guess it is back with the dev.

No idea how it can be out on every other platform and even in the US yet fail SCEE QA.

PSN: SlickShoes
Steam: Skiiba
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (455 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

SlickShoes wrote:

They posted on the blog yesterday in the comments of the store update, someone asked about this game. The response was that it had failed QA a few times now and I can only guess it is back with the dev.

No idea how it can be out on every other platform and even in the US yet fail SCEE QA.

How the heck does it fail EU QA and pass US QA O_O

Only thing I can think of is due to the many languages? :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (452 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I've posted a new thread on their forums asking for any information. But I've not received any kind of response.

There are way too many developers out there happy to follow Sony's example by completely ignoring their customers.

After waiting over a year already surely we deserve updates on this daily, not monthly.

I know the idea of having to programme the game for many different languages comes across as a valid excuse, but it would be very easy to post a list of the many many developers who achieve this regularly. Enabling them to stick to their promises regarding release dates.

"I met a transvestite in Greater Manchester yesterday.
He had a Wigan address"
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (440 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

LordOfThePies80 wrote:

I've posted a new thread on their forums asking for any information. But I've not received any kind of response.

There are way too many developers out there happy to follow Sony's example by completely ignoring their customers.

After waiting over a year already surely we deserve updates on this daily, not monthly.

I know the idea of having to programme the game for many different languages comes across as a valid excuse, but it would be very easy to post a list of the many many developers who achieve this regularly. Enabling them to stick to their promises regarding release dates.

I for one can vouch that they don't ignore customers :smileyhappy:

Trying sending them a Tweet on Twitter, seems to be a good way to get a response :smileyhappy: They are @Trendyent

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (434 Views)
0 Kudos