15 Aug 2012
MVP
Playstation Staff

Heads-Up PlayStation Plus Update – 15th August 2012

[ Edited ]
12 Replies 2,051 Views edited 15-08-2012

It's mid-month treat time! What's coming to PlayStation Plus this time?

As you all know by now (well, OK, maybe not... :smileywink:), PlayStation Plus subscribers are treated to a game of the month (this month it's Dead Space 2, with Rock of Ages thrown in as a generous extra), plus mid-month, a pair of games is swapped into rotation for twelve weeks. (Finally there are three games (LBP2, MotorStorm Apocalypse and Infamous 2) that are available all year.)

So this week, being mid-month, we say goodbye to the pairing of Darksiders and Renegade Ops and we get a couple of new games added to the rotation for twelve weeks... And they are a couple of crackers!

Borderlands
Borderlands (Full Game)
£15.99 PS PLUSFREE    (3345MB)

Lock, load and face the madness!

Get ready for the mind-blowing insanity, as one of four trigger-happy mercenaries, taking out everything that stands in your way!

And if the main game leaves you hungry for more, there are PLUS-exclusive 50% discounts on all four DLC packs:

Borderlands DLC
– Zombie Island (Game Pack)£6.49PS PLUS£3.25
– The Underdome (Game Pack)£6.49PS PLUS£3.25
– Secret Armory (Game Pack)£5.49PS PLUS£2.75
– Claptrap's New Robot Revolution (Game Pack)£6.49PS PLUS£3.25

Just Cause 2.jpg
Just Cause 2 (Full Game)
£19.99 PS PLUSFREE    (7489MB)

As agent Rico Rodrqiguez, your orders are to find and kill your friend and mentor who has disappeared on the island paradise of Panau. With 400 square miles of rugged terrain, plus hundreds of weapons, vehicles, missions and Rico's trademark parachute and grapple, experience freedom unparalleled in the third-person action genre.

And once again, there's a limited-time deal on some DLC for this fun open-world game if you're looking for something to make it a little easier to explore...

Just Cause 2 DLC                                           
– Agency Hovercraft£0.79PS PLUS£0.40
– Black Market 'Boom' Pack£1.59PS PLUS£0.80
– Black Market Aerial Pack£1.59PS PLUS£0.80
– Bull's Eye Assault Rifle£0.79PS PLUS£0.40
– Chaos ParachuteFREE*
– Tuk Tuk Boom BoomFREE*

* to everyone, not just plus subscribers. ;)

And don't forget! Your PlayStation Plus subscription also entitles you to some more limited time discounts!

This week, there's a 20% discount on each of the brand new PSN releases, Sound Shapes and Papa & Yo!

And Sound Shapes is particularly bargainsome for owners of Vitas and PS3s - buy it once and get copies for both consoles!

And don't forget the ongoing Summer Sale! Not only are there plenty of bargain prices there, some of those have additional discounts for Plus subscribers too!

And as if that wasn't enough, the future's looking rosy too!

News from Gamescom tells us that the cloud storage for online synched saves has been increased to a whopping 1GB!

And that in September, Rockstar's brilliant Red Dead Redemption will be added to the PlayStation Plus 'Instant Game Collection'!

And that October's PS+ Game of the Month will be SEGA's new Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit.

And that PS+ is being expanded to support Vita, at no extra charge!

And there'll be a special reduced subscription price for new starters in September!

What to say to all that? Except: bring it on! :smileyvery-happy:

-------
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (2,051 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: Heads-Up PlayStation Plus Update – 15th August 2012

Nice :smileyvery-happy: Just Cause 2 is awesome :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (2,006 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Will i be able to buy the special reduced subscription price in September even thought i already have it and mine doesnt run out till end on December ?

https://m.youtube.com/user/MrEleven1181
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (2,002 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

eleven1181 wrote:

Will i be able to buy the special reduced subscription price in September even thought i already have it and mine doesnt run out till end on December ?

Dunno - I've heard there will be a 25% discount available for those who sign up between September 5th-19th. It would be nice if we could all take advantage of the offer. :smileyhappy:

Oh and wasn't there something about early access for PS+ subscribers to the God of War Ascension Multiplayer Beta?

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (1,957 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Never got around to getting Just Cause 2 (or even the first one for that matter) so that will be nice to try out.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (1,685 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Don't forget to get going on hardcore for the plat :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (1,677 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

I can't plat games.  I don't have attention span for it and I can't do hardcore on games as I'm not very good at them lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (1,667 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

You say plus is @ no extra cost .
I read it as it was a separate purchase as its different content for both console .
And the fact most people dont have a vita if it wasnt separate it would be unfair for ps3+ subscribers .
Where was it said it's @ no extra cost .?
The plus team will have double the work now leading to more screw ups .

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (1,553 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

sandystrachan wrote:
Where was it said it's @ no extra cost .?

Good point, I might have jumped the gun a little on that one because I don't think it has been officially announced for Europe. (Did I mention I'm just a concerned PlayStation owner trying to fill a gap left by a missing PS+ blog entry?)

However it has been announced for the US PS+ scheme and I expect that if the US get it free and Europe don't, there will be a modicum of uproar. So I'm optimistic. :smileyhappy:

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (1,205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Also confirmed for September:

Brand new game : Double Dragon Neon
Game new to PSN : Machinarium

So:

August new games: Rock of Ages (already available), Retro/Grade.

August Beta: Dust 514 Beta on the 22th 50% off the Merc Pack on the 22th

September Game of the Month: Red Dead Redemption,

September new games: Machinarium, Double Dragon Neon,

October game of the month: Hell Yeah!

Somewhere 2012: Knytt Underground, Big Sky Infinity

God of War Ascention Beta

As for the PS Plus 25% off deal:

"Hello, yeah that was a little bit ambiguous – 25% off for all purchasers and yes of course, you can stack the 12 months on top of your current subscription. The discount on the 12 month subscription will be available from September 5th, for two weeks."  --Ross

That sums it up, I think...

Helpdesk: NL 020 709 5025 BE 02 588 42 40 ma t/m vr 9-20 za 10-16.00.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (1,178 Views)