PlayStation®Network

PlayStation®Store

PlayStation®Store

23 Feb 2012
By: Njitram2000 Member 43 Posts
Level 2

How to find download sizes

8 Replies 349 Views Created 23-02-2012

Something that has bugged me from the beginning with the PSN Store is that the size of the downloads are not shown until you are about to download them. Unfortunately, that means you have to buy it first. Now that I have a vita, it is essential to know how much space it will take. I've seen that the US store now shows the sizes but as with the store in general the EU version is lacking.

Is there a way to find the download sizes? Is it hidden somewhere and I just missed it?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (349 Views)
Level 14

Re: How to find download sizes

[ Edited ]

As the U.S store gets updated before the E.U store, check the store update posts on the U.S blog on Tuesdays to check the sizes.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (337 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Njitram2000 wrote:

Something that has bugged me from the beginning with the PSN Store is that the size of the downloads are not shown until you are about to download them. Unfortunately, that means you have to buy it first.

You and me both.

Still cant believe this simple info isnt provided - It should display it BEFORE we purchase.Not after.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (321 Views)
Level 13

[ Edited ]

The why my nephew will not download anything from PSN, Due to his DL Limit from his ISP.

As for tweets  or blogs that is no good for the people who have no interest in Shi er twitter or bogs er blogs

It need to be said on the Product description the file size.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (317 Views)
Level 3

I totally agree, this is once more a complete disregard for their EU customer base. There are many reasons why you need to know the size of a download. The answer of check the US sites for the sizes just isn't right (although it is the only practical solution we have), we pay our money just like they do (except we do pay more, since they just change the sign from $ to £) and should expect the same level of service. I can't see it being a logistical problem for them since they already have that info. it just requires someone to type it in or for that info to be read from the database. Simples!!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (308 Views)
Level 3

Yeah, the file sizes really should be shown on the store before you purchase.  Game file sizes are getting bigger and bigger, especially since Sony started releasing PS2 'classics' through the store and full game trials of PS3 games etc.

Have any of the mods commented on this?  OR are they able to pass on our thoughts/ feelings to the folks in charge of the store?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (304 Views)
Level 3

ROSLINMAN wrote:

. The answer of check the US sites for the sizes just isn't right (although it is the only practical solution we have), we pay our money just like they do (

This is what i do most of the time.

But for some titles,they arent the same size as the usa versions.

Code Veronica for example - Dont know the exact filesizes,but the usa comes in at around 1.5gb.The euro version is around 4.5gb ....A massive difference 9 (not sure why).

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (289 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I still haven't been able to find the vita section in the US store. It's a pleasent  surprise that the EU gets a vita section before the US but it still doesn't show file sizes so I still have to check on the US store. Can someone point me in te right direction?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Njitram2000 wrote:

I still haven't been able to find the vita section in the US store. It's a pleasent  surprise that the EU gets a vita section before the US but it still doesn't show file sizes so I still have to check on the US store. Can someone point me in te right direction?

The store is their for the US it was their way before the the UK one. But also the US downloads tend to be smaller as they do not have as many languages on the Vita game Card than Europe so it is not always a good guide TBH

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (260 Views)
0 Kudos