PlayStation®Network

PlayStation®Store

PlayStation®Store

Re: Hustle Kings Snooker Championship 2

Guys I will update the league and auto fill in the outstanding results as already stated later today for you all.

Thanks all for taking part in this league.  Sorry it dragged out but sometimes that's the way it goes.  Next up....Pool Tourney but let's have a break for a bit first :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 1041 of 1,060 (262 Views)
Level 9

Eak! Who unstickied this then? :smileymad: Hopefully Ross has some time to update the finished table :smileyhappy:

Whaaaaat?Alphazone4@RenegadEuphoriXWatch Me
Please use plain text.
Message 1042 of 1,060 (216 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

Hi guys!

I recently volunteered my services to LordRoss so we can complete the table for the snooker league. Remember that? Well I’ve rolled up the sleeves and got stuck in. Firstly, as a little reminder here is what the league table looked like on the February 6th, the last time LordRoss updated it.

snooker-table1.jpg

From the 6th to the 29th of February (the deadline date of the tournament) a total of 18 games were registered in the thread. Unfortunately, 4 of these games didn’t have any scores posted, only who won and by how many frames. As such, I’ve taken away the column “Total Points” from my table. So without further ado here is the “1st final table” for the 29th February deadline date…

snooker-table2.jpg

Renegade and QW ended up on the same points and had the same amount of loses. Amazingly they both won the same amount of frames (35) but as Renegade only lost 12 frames to QW’s 15 I placed him in 2nd place. Loony is above Jury because he lost fewer games.

After that we had passed the deadline date there was still 30 (!) games to be played. I won’t post them just yet but instead quote LordRoss on how points will be awarded in the remaining games.

The rule I intend to go by is as follows:

When the deadline passes all remaining matches shall have a default 147 win to the person who has played the most amount of games.

So instead of removing those players from the league alongside their results, I shall complete all their matches by default

If Pacman has played 10 and Funky played 7 and the deadline has passed. Then Pacman gets the win.

To ensure you don’t lose by default then make sure to play as many matches or most preferably play them all before the deadline passes.

If two people both haven’t finished the league and have played the same amount of games and are due to play against each other, the win goes to the person who showed the most effort to play the said game.

So here is the list of games that were unfinished and who won the games (bold) by the default mentioned above.

Ross v Loony

funky v homer

funky v Pacman

Litt v Ross

Litt v funky

Litt v QW

Litt v homer

Litt v Pacman

Litt v afccarl

QW v afccarl

Pacman v funky

Pacman v Litt

Loony v Ross

Loony v funky

Loony v Litt

Loony v homer

Loony v pudds

pudds v afccarl

Rene v funky

Rene v afccarl

afccarl v funky

afccarl v Litt

afccarl v QW

afccarl v Pacman

afccarl v Loony

afccarl v pudds

afccarl v Rene

afccarl v Jury

Jury v funky

Jury v afccarl

every person highlighted won 2-0 in frames. Luckily there were no games where those involved had played the same amount of times, so we didn’t have to award a game to “the person who showed the most effort to play the said game.”

As such, from the default games above, the new and final, final table is below. Enjoy!

snooker-table3.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1043 of 1,060 (146 Views)
Level 13

didnt agree with awarding points for games that were not finished in time in the first place

it should have just been null and void as it doesnt show a true reflection of the league standings for games actually played :smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

next time i wont be so quick to play my games and maybe get lucky

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Please use plain text.
Message 1044 of 1,060 (136 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Thanks for your hard work englishgolfer in doing that...I vote McNellio to get the PSN Voucher since he finished his matches first!
Please use plain text.
Message 1045 of 1,060 (130 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Oh and LordRoss....roll on the pool tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1046 of 1,060 (129 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

McNeilio wrote:
didnt agree with awarding points for games that were not finished in time in the first place

it should have just been null and void as it doesnt show a true reflection of the league standings for games actually played :smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

next time i wont be so quick to play my games and maybe get lucky

But but... I wasn't last :smileysurprised:!

Thanks for finally finishing it up EG! And congrats to all those who finished their games, congrats to QW for winning, and congrats to Pudds, for also winning....and to everyone else for just being great company thoughout :smileyvery-happy:

Follow Pacman_Ownage on Twitter...You know... because everyones doing it?
Please use plain text.
Message 1047 of 1,060 (129 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Losses to Jury, Pac and Loony... :-0

My own fault mind. Just didn't have the time! Still had some fantastic matches. Namely against Pudds and QW. Good stuff. Congrats to all...
Please use plain text.
Message 1048 of 1,060 (127 Views)
0 Kudos

Thanks very much englishgolfer.  You sir are a scholar and a gentleman!  A very fine fellow indeed.

In regards to the league, congratulations Pudds!

It's been a strange long ride this season even to the point that it was never officially completed until now.  Deadlines came and went without games even being mentioned.

The Hustle King Snooker Championship has been my first good go at a league based event and from it I have learnt a great deal in what makes it a success and where it fails.  So I apologise for all being guinea pigs but I tried to recover it.  The first season seemed to of been more easy flowing then this one.

It was still fun though, and regardless of the eventual winner some special mentions have got to go to the likes of Pacman for turning up and playing despite knowing his level of skill doesn't quite match some others in the league.   It's hard to stay motivated and continue to enjoy oneself when you lose, so a great fighting spirit Pacman possesses. 

Well done to Jury as well for trying to pick up a game and join in the event as much as possible despite not being fluent in English or even the game of Snooker itself.

The passion of the game helps motivate others in the league and we certainly have passionate Hustle Kings fans in this league.

Being brutal though, only two of you actually finished the games before the new year and even before the extension of the deadline.  That was englishgolfer and Mcneilio.

Mcneilio put in a huge effort to get his games played on time before the deadline and I feel it would be good to recognise him for it rather than putting everyone into the draw.

So either englishgolfer or Mcneilio can get the PSN voucher.  I think I can recall englishgolfer offering to stand aside but if not, I will put you both in the draw and pick at random.

It's a shame a lot of us perhaps including myself fell behind and lost any mojo needed to continue this league but I do hope we can make ammends by pulling off an amazing Pool tournament soon which you are all welcome to join.

Please use plain text.
Message 1049 of 1,060 (119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

my vote goes for mcneilio to get the prize. he did finish all his games before me (just!) and i have no problem allowing him to get the voucher.

ps mcneilio, just let me win this thursday in poker and we're quits :smileywink: lol!
Please use plain text.
Message 1050 of 1,060 (116 Views)
0 Kudos