Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Hustle Kings Snooker Championship 2

[ Edited ]

My preference would be friday, don't finish college until 4pm so I might not be back before the maintainence starts.

EDIT: Or Wednesday. If I have a TV by then :smileywink: 

Brown ball would be good, or maybe the cue ball. At least I might come away with something. :smileytongue:

0 Kudos
Message 61 of 1,060 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Hmmmm, Thursday. I had already made plans with a friend for that evening :smileysad:

As for maintenance, RabidWalker's post says PSN won't be available until 19:00. So you should be able to sign in still. Even though maintenance doesn't finish until 21:00.

Oh btw Ross. It says 1 frame in the rules. But says 3 frames in the room set up.......... :smileytongue:

Whaaaaat?Alphazone4@RenegadEuphoriXWatch Me
0 Kudos
Message 62 of 1,060 (272 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

lol thanks.

What you guys prefer 1 or 3 frames?

0 Kudos
Message 63 of 1,060 (264 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

1 would make my humiliation end quicker, but if its one match a week then I would go for 3.

0 Kudos
Message 64 of 1,060 (261 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

prob 3

some one with decent skill would need 1 shot to get started and before u know it your needing snookers or worse to win and the games over

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
0 Kudos
Message 65 of 1,060 (258 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

woot! i'm in 7th place on the leader baord. my highest position!
0 Kudos
Message 66 of 1,060 (230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Has to be 3 frames as anyone can fluke a frame!

Looking forward to it!
0 Kudos
Message 67 of 1,060 (229 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

LordRoss wrote:

[...] the following categories:

1. Winner of the Snooker Championship
  2. Runner up of the Snooker Championship
  3. Highest Break
  4. Most Hustle King Credits gained during match
  5. Best Pot
  6. Best Fluke shot
  7. Highest winning streak

As I said last year, because of the way the credits accumulate, 3 and 4 are very likely to go together. I'd rather see another award for best match analysis. :smileyhappy:

Also, can we stipulate an embargo on making your opponent retake a shot following a 'miss'? Not so far as to do more than give an informal warning if a player forgets or accidentally selects this option, but a player who achieves a win by forcing a retake three times in a row should actually forfeit the match, and repeated offences should lead to total disqualification. Not that I'm bitter about the game's failing in this area... :smileyindifferent:

-------
0 Kudos
Message 68 of 1,060 (226 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

QuietlyWrong wrote:

LordRoss wrote:

[...] the following categories:

1. Winner of the Snooker Championship
  2. Runner up of the Snooker Championship
  3. Highest Break
  4. Most Hustle King Credits gained during match
  5. Best Pot
  6. Best Fluke shot
  7. Highest winning streak

As I said last year, because of the way the credits accumulate, 3 and 4 are very likely to go together. I'd rather see another award for best match analysis. :smileyhappy:

Also, can we stipulate an embargo on making your opponent retake a shot following a 'miss'? Not so far as to do more than give an informal warning if a player forgets or accidentally selects this option, but a player who achieves a win by forcing a retake three times in a row should actually forfeit the match, and repeated offences should lead to total disqualification. Not that I'm bitter about the game's failing in this area... :smileyindifferent:

Ooops didn't realise Best Match analysis wasn't there.  We will have that one for sure! And I will remove Most Hustle King Credits gained during match and highest winning streak.

To be honest I'm a lil confused what the issue you have with the retaking is though? :Confused:

So I will go for 3 frames then.

0 Kudos
Message 69 of 1,060 (215 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

LordRoss wrote:

To be honest I'm a lil confused what the issue you have with the retaking is though? :Confused:

OK, when you play a foul shot of the type where you fail to hit a ball on (whether a red or a nominated colour), and you don't need snookers, the referee may call a miss.

In Hustle Kings this happens if you weren't completely snookered, by its reckoning. Of course, you can in fact be completely snookered, but the game often fails to realise this.

If HK thinks you weren't snookered, and you miss and retake and miss and retake and miss, HK thinks you have forfeited the frame. This is an unfairness arising from incorrect application of the rules by the software. So gentlemen agree not to use the retake option, which prevents this scenario.

Being fouled against doesn't really leave you at a disadvantage, because you always have the option to play on from the current position or - if you don't like it - put your opponent back in to play from the current position. Hence the incorrectly applied miss rule wouldn't be missed (as it were) if it we ignored it.

-------
0 Kudos
Message 70 of 1,060 (211 Views)
0 Kudos