31 Jan 2013
Playstation Staff

Minecraft on ps3?

[ Edited ]
11 Replies 2,176 Views edited 31-01-2013

Can anyone tell me if MINECRAFT is ever coming on ps3..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (2,176 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: Minecraft on ps3?

Never say "never", but I wouldn't hold your breath :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (2,128 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Minecraft on ps3?

hopefully if it dose the ps3 sales will prob increse by loads cuz minecraft is so popular

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (1,604 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

dazzyc333 wrote:

hopefully if it dose the ps3 sales will prob increse by loads cuz minecraft is so popular

It is quite popular..

...Unfortunately not 'that' popular on consoles, and, if you didn't have Minecraft on PC, it's most likely, you would get it on the next Microsoft platform instead of the PS3.

However, Terraria is coming soon, which is equally as good, with some funky additions... so there will likely be a boost in Minecraft popularity if Terraria sales do rather well.

/Obligatory "Everyone should play Terraria post" :smileytongue:

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (1,472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (1,358 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Yep, it will eventually come on the PS3

thing is, Microsoft doesn't allow self publishing for Indie Developers and hence force them to sign a exclusivity contract with them for a period or time. Another option is to find a publisher that will publish the game for you, and if you choose to self-publish on Sony/Nintendo Platforms before choosing the exclusivity contract offered by Microsoft, they may reject from publishing your game on their platform.

According to a latest interview from someone from Mojang, they'll bring Minecraft to PS3 once the deal with microsoft is over................ The Wii U is not likely to get the game, as was mentioned in the interview and I'm not really sure why. The second screen could become a huge asset for players

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (1,299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Why would they bother bringing it to PS3 when the PS4 is more like a "PC" according to what they tell us. So  for PS3 I wouldn't hold your breath. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (1,285 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

MissSouthampton wrote:

Why would they bother bringing it to PS3 when the PS4 is more like a "PC" according to what they tell us. So  for PS3 I wouldn't hold your breath. 

Tbh the PS3 still has a couple of years in it yet and not everyone will be rushing out to get a PS4 so to just release it on the PS4 would be mad , from what i have read it will be out in the next few month ...... its gotta be , when has the internet ever lied :smileywink:

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (1,283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

whiteboy38rams wrote:

MissSouthampton wrote:

Tbh the PS3 still has a couple of years in it yet and not everyone will be rushing out to get a PS4 so to just release it on the PS4 would be mad , from what i have read it will be out in the next few month ...... its gotta be , when has the internet ever lied :smileywink:

Lol I just can't see it happening. I don't think it will go to PS4 because the PS3 will become obsolete because it won't. From what I have heard the PS4 is more PC focused and so I am guessing it would be easier. 

From a marketing point of view it makes sense for them to go with PS4. The PS4 with Minecraft bundle. Ching. Ching. ££££.

Media Molecule should make a Minecraft type game. It would be awesome. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (1,281 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Because when the exclusivity contract finishes which is rumoured for next month. Mojang won't waste time bringing the game to the PS3 and this is months before. The game will continue to sell after the ps4 games out
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (1,276 Views)
0 Kudos