31 May 2012
Playstation Staff

Movie Rental with PlayStation Plus

6 Replies 837 Views Created 31-05-2012

Hello!

As a PlayStation®Plus Subscriber, I have an idea that I would like to see added to the service.

I would like to see a free movie rental (of the customers choosing) from the PlayStation Video Store either every fortnight when Plus content updates, or every month.

The PlayStation Video Store has a larger variety of movies available than any of the other similar services on the PS3. 1 free rental per fortnight (or month) would be a great addition to Plus and would keep people like me renewing the subscription.

What does everyone else think? Kudos or reply if you agree. The more people who support this idea the more likely they will do it.

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Like". If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (837 Views)
Level 14

Playstation Staff

Re: Movie Rental with PlayStation Plus

I would agree....if Ireland had the video store.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (831 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I disagree.

Coz the only way I can see them doing that would be to up the price of the sub. If there giving away a £4 movie rental every month, then they gonna lose £8 a year on each £40 sub. That's before u factor in the price of all the games n stuff they give away every month, wasn't it over £50 worth last month?

TBH for £40 a year I think what we get is pretty good

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (803 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Yep a £5.99 per month increase Or they would remove a product thats already been there like the free PSN and mini games. Any more than that and you might as well get Netflix or Love film.

Also Have to remember that PS video store is only in 6-7 EU areas.

So any Price increase or Changes to PS+ would also effect those users that allready can not access this service due to the Film/TV studios choice to not support there location. 

Free SD rental films have been on this service before(not part of PS+), but they are normaly so old or so Low rated that there was never any loss of funding any way for that one week of free downloading. 

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. User of... VM cable, SKY+HD, Game Capture HD II. Mobile 14 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43.
Amazon Fire TV, chromecast... and Sky Go PS4.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (783 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Actually you're talking cods wallop. It's not that black and white and it's suprising that people still think like that.

They wouldn't always be losing money by offering free rentals. For example, I never have and likely never will (unless they do freebies) rent a movie from the store.

By offering me a freebie or two, are they losing money? No, because they never would have got it from me anyway. I'm sure I'm not in a minority of people who have no intention of renting from the store.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (750 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Lol Mr cods wallop! I don't get ur point, are u for free rentals with plus or not?

U don't wanna pay for it, u would only take a free rental, but if they give u said free rental, they lose out on a potential sale (whether u would of paid for it or not doesn't matter, if u get it for free that potential.sale is gone) either way, u wouldn't pay for anymore
So PSN hasn't made.any money from u, n the stuff they've given u has reduced their potential sales, not a great business model!
And as written in previous post, its not that I'm against free.films, I don't want something else taken away so free movies can be included, n I don't think free rentals will be added on-top of the content we.already get

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (742 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

that is a wondeful idea i am not a member yet but if they go for this idea i will sign up that day

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (373 Views)