Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: OPC Pub Night

[ Edited ]

LordRoss wrote:

Ok this is the updated Hustle Kings Ranking table after my victory against Rene.  Perhaps needs some tweaking some what...

OPC Ranking

PSN ID

Current Points

1st

Funky_skunk

2nd

Pudds

3rd

QuietlyWrong

4th

LordRoss

5th

Homerjnick

6th

renegadeXtreme

7th

Shimmus

8th

Capbwfc

9th

Pacman_Ownage

Arrrggghhhh nooooooo! That really didn't go well for me. Dropped 2 places. I'll be keeping Pac company soon :smileytongue:

Whaaaaat?Alphazone4@RenegadEuphoriXWatch Me
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 9,472 (377 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

RenegadeXtreme wrote:

LordRoss wrote:

Ok this is the updated Hustle Kings Ranking table after my victory against Rene.  Perhaps needs some tweaking some what...

OPC Ranking

PSN ID

Current Points

1st

Funky_skunk

2nd

Pudds

3rd

QuietlyWrong

4th

LordRoss

5th

Homerjnick

6th

renegadeXtreme

7th

Shimmus

8th

Capbwfc

9th

Pacman_Ownage

Arrrggghhhh nooooooo! That really didn't go well for me. Dropped 2 places. I'll be keeping Pac company soon :smileytongue:

rather harsh after losing one match.  Think need to adjust some of the formula.  I shouldn't be above the likes of Homer and yourself just by winning 1 game of pool.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 9,472 (371 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Quick poll: What is everyones favorite beverage and snack for gaming?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 9,472 (369 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I just played 15 games of Darts and won them all... points please? :smileyvery-happy:

... :smileyindifferent:

:smileysad:

...As for nom noms whilst gaming... it depends what game.

If say I'm bombing through Motorstorm, it will usually be a glass of dandelion and burdock... and possibly a bag of Fox's Mini Party Rings. I always feel like having a kids party whilst playing Motorstorm :smileyvery-happy:

..But if it's say... Medal of Honor, then I would go for a standard Banana/Strawberry milkshake and possibly some Fridge Raiders?

As for more low-key PSN games. It's straight in with Doritos for Supersonic *insert stupidly long title* Cars and Modern Combat, and usually a jolly nice bowl of Frosties for Pain, a quick, swift spoonful goes down well.

I think I need to stop shopping at the Early Learning Centre for my grub :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 9,472 (358 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

*stumbles in*

*looks warily at that little step down just inside the entrance*

LordRoss wrote:
Think need to adjust some of the formula.  I shouldn't be above the likes of Homer and yourself just by winning 1 game of pool.

Maybe just add 5% of the loser's points to the winner's points and subtract same from the loser. That way you get more points for beating higher ranked players and fewer points for beating the lower ranked players.

Looks remarkably similar to what HK does, though. :smileywink:

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 9,472 (352 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

QuietlyWrong wrote:

*stumbles in*

*looks warily at that little step down just inside the entrance*

LordRoss wrote:
Think need to adjust some of the formula.  I shouldn't be above the likes of Homer and yourself just by winning 1 game of pool.

Maybe just add 5% of the loser's points to the winner's points and subtract same from the loser. That way you get more points for beating higher ranked players and fewer points for beating the lower ranked players.

Looks remarkably similar to what HK does, though. :smileywink:

Ah welcome QW!

Was hoping you pop by.  I saved a seat for you and drink, although it's got a bit warm now.

To be honest I have no idea what HK does, would love to know.  Your plan seems a lot more simpler than mine and easier to work out too lol

Think I may just use your one if that's ok with you?

Oh and no quiz tonight people, I'm cancelling it as a lot of people have come to me saying they are struggling to login to the forum and enter the pub thread.  Sods law it happens when I launch this!  Will start this next week.

If you have any suggestions, tips or advice on improving our lil Store Pub thread event than please don't be shy and let us know.  Currently I'm just going with the flow and with a little bit of trial and error and hoping for the best.

I reckon next week we use this event as a chance to all get together on Battlefield 1943, considering that is what you all seem to be wanting to play with one another. :smileyhappy:

As for what beverage I drink when gaming, it's either containing alcohol or caffeine. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 9,472 (346 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Ooh, is that home-made lemonade? Lovely!

Er, I think HK tries to subtract a percentage of the ranking points but there's clearly something a bit weird going on with its calculations because most people have ranking points in the hundreds of thousands, if not tens of millions, despite starting with 1000 each.

I only eat or drink while gaming if I have something to hand that I'm eating anyway. I'll grab a coffee perhaps. But if I made a habit of eating while gaming, I'd be even fatter than I am now.

Anyway. Would have been here earlier, but I'm very much in LBP2 mode at the moment. Thinking of putting together a tutorial for the new logic chips, but it's an enormous topic so I'm pondering how to split it into chunks.

Shame Top Darts doesn't work online - that would've been a proper lark. :smileysad:

Oh well. No quiz machine? Maybe next time.

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 9,472 (332 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Hope you are not making rude levels on LBP2 :smileytongue:

Currently playing Rene at Snooker for a bet of one MILLION credits! Should of done this at the start not at the end, as now he is on fire!

Gonna come join us for some pool\snooker after we done? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 9,472 (325 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

LordRoss wrote:

Hope you are not making rude levels on LBP2 :smileytongue:

Currently playing Rene at Snooker for a bet of one MILLION credits! Should of done this at the start not at the end, as now he is on fire!

Gonna come join us for some pool\snooker after we done? 

1 millionz, mmmm nom nom nom :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 9,472 (319 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

evening all who's round is it???

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956