17 Jul 2013
By: QuietlyWrong MVP 10,181 Posts
Level 13

PlayStation Plus Update – August 2013

22 Replies 3,881 Views Created 17-07-2013
PSPlusStoreUpdate.png

Just like June before it, it looks like August is coming early! The August Plus offerings hit us on July 31st (which means that old Plus offerings get withdrawn on 31st July too, so watch out!) and here's Chris Howe's blog post to let you know about the juicy stuff that's coming...

PS-Plus-1024x576

Hi everyone! The summer is upon us and the sun is shining, but that doesn’t mean we are going to kick back and relax! PlayStation Plus is the service that keeps on giving, and we’ve some great additions to the Instant Game Collection this month, alongside heaps of discounts!

We have another impressive line-up of titles for you to enjoy throughout next month. As usual, there are three new PS3 games and two new PS Vita titles to enjoy, as well as great titles such as Payday the Heist and Saints Row the Third that are already available.

New PlayStation 3 games:

First up, I am extremely happy to announce that your lead title for this month is the adrenaline-packed, open-world racing experience Need for Speed: Most Wanted!

Built by Criterion Studios, Need for Speed: Most Wanted was widely lauded as the best driving game of 2012. You’ll need to outrun the cops, outdrive friends, and outsmart your rivals. With a relentless police force gunning to take you down, you’ll need to make split second decisions and use the open world to your advantage.

Also, make sure you visit the PlayStation Store for some great savings on a huge amount of DLC from Need for Speed: Most Wanted, The Run and Hot Pursuit for one week only from 31st July.

Your next PS3 offering is Mafia II - a beautifully crafted look into a dark criminal underworld. You will take on the role of Vito, a poor Italian American immigrant who is trying to escape a life of poverty. A petty criminal his whole life, Vito, along with his childhood friend Joe, will descend into the world of organised crime in a bid to prove themselves to the mob.

Mafia-2-1800x2880

Your final offering for this month is acclaimed shooter Spec Ops: The Line from our friends at 2K.

The game follows Captain Martin Walker as he is sent into a post-catastrophe Dubai with an elite Delta Force team on a reconnaissance mission. However, the situation escalates into a hunt for a rogue US officer, Colonel John Konrad. I won’t ruin the storyline but trust me when I say it’s intense and utterly gripping.

spec-ops-1

New PS Vita games:

First up for PS Vita is Lego Lord of the Rings where you’ll journey through Peter Jackson’s original epic trilogy of films, with all the usual humor and creativity you’d expect from the Lego series.

llotr-1

And last but certainly not least we are very happy to announce that you will also be able to download the all-action adventure When Vikings Attack!

In summary

Leaving PS Plus in July/August:

Entering PS Plus in July/August:

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site  to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about a one year subscription to the Instant Game Collection all for a one-off payment of just £39.99 / €49.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store. Get the most out of your PS3 and PS Vita with PS Plus’ Instant Game Collection!

"I spent 15 years up to my elbows in body fluids and body parts"
                                 -- Soozibags
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (3,881 Views)
Level 11

Re: PlayStation Plus Update – August 2013

Great update was looking for a cheap copy of Most Wanted recently now I don't have to. :smileyvery-happy: 

No surprise at Spec Ops the Line the US have had that recently had my eye on that one for a while, already have Mafia 2 but two out of three will do nicely. 

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23 (3,859 Views)
0 Kudos

Happy with the Vita content :smileyhappy:

Not bothered about those PS3 games tbh, although have heard Mafia 2 and Spec Ops are meant to be quite good.

Need For Speed would be cool but already own it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23 (3,855 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Looking forward to yet another months worth of good content. My backlog of games is getting bigger every month and I was hoping to get it cleared in time for the PS4

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23 (3,820 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Looking forward to Lego: Lord of the rings on Vita, it's coming to plus much sooner than I was expecting.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23 (3,802 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

AAhhh! I'm going to have to purchase another memory card for my vita.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23 (3,766 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Might buy myself a new memory card for the Vita :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23 (3,763 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

It's probably more effective to copy files from Vita to your PS3 or PC, then delete them and make space for your new downloads. Cost effective anyway, and saves you constantly rearranging bubbles. Or did they fix that yet?

"I spent 15 years up to my elbows in body fluids and body parts"
                                 -- Soozibags
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23 (3,738 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Oh too much hassle lol. I need to get a new one anyways. Just hope I dont lost it. They are diddy.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23 (3,729 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Very Please have online pass for Need for Speed: Most Wanted
QUEEN & KING CLUB Boss Sarah Queen
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23 (3,299 Views)
0 Kudos