15 May 2013
MVP
Playstation Staff

PlayStation Plus Update – June 2013

[ Edited ]
44 Replies 23,768 Views edited 15-05-2013

Have you PS+ subscribing Vita owners picked up Velocity Ultra from the store yet?

Hold on tight: June comes early to PlayStation Plus! Set your alarm calendars for 29th May!

PSPlusStoreUpdate.png

[from the Blog]

PS-Plus-1024x576

Hi everyone! It’s that time of the month again where we update you on all the new PlayStation Plus content coming your way in June.

As usual there are three new PS3 game and two for PS Vita in the line-up for June, as well as great titles such as Catherine, Thomas Was Alone and Malicious that are already available.

New PlayStation 3 titles

I’m personally very excited about the hero title for next month – EA’s RPG adventure Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

From the genius creative minds of bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning follows the story of a resurrected hero known as the “Fateless One”, who embarks on a quest to discover the secrets behind his own fate. Sounds pretty epic right?

Kingdoms_of_Amalur_Reckoning

Moving swiftly on, if you missed it in the Knights and Witches Sale blog I am very happy to confirm that as of 29th May, Plus subscribers can also download ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD, both developed by our very own Japan Studio.

ICO follows a mysterious boy who has been expelled from his village to an isolated castle. Within his confines, he begins to have strange dreams of rescuing a young princess from the evil spirits that dwell within the fortress…

shadow

In Shadow of the Colossus you will go on a majestic journey through ancient lands to seek out and destroy gigantic mythical beasts. With your trusty horse at your side, explore the spacious lands and unearth each Colossi. Armed with your wits, a sword and a bow, use cunning and strategy to topple each behemoth!

Your final PS3 offering for the month is the dark, dangerous and utterly brilliant action RPG, Demon’s Souls. Set in a fearsome fantasy world, you take control of a hero who has journeyed to the fictional kingdom of Boletaria which is being ravaged by a cursed fog that brings forth demons that feast on the souls of mortals.

New PS Vita titles

First up for PS Vita on 5th June is Rayman Origins from our friends at Ubisoft. This side scrolling platformer is simply one of the best games ever to have graced our PS Vita console so we are extremely excited to bring it to you through Plus.

And last but certainly not least, we are very happy to announce that on 5th June you will also be able to download Coconut Dodge Revitalised, the new HD version of FuturLab’s incredibly addictive mini!

As usual, over the coming weeks you can also expect exclusive additional PS Plus discounts, including over 70% off Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and 40% off Germinator. Also, make sure you take advantage of the exclusive 20% launch discount off Metro: Last Light starting this Friday! We’ll update you on these offers and more in the weekly Store posts.

In summary

Leaving PS Plus in June:
29th May: Hitman Absolution
29th May: Joe Danger 2
29th May: Dead or Alive 5
5th June: Sine Mora
12th June: Velocity Ultra

Entering PS Plus in June:
29th May: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
29th May: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
29th May: Demon’s Souls
5th June: Rayman Origins
5th June: Coconut Dodge Revitalised

If you are not currently a Plus member, visit our PlayStation Plus site to find out more about the service. Here you’ll learn all you need to know about a one year subscription to the Instant Game Collection all for a one-off payment of just £39.99.

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

-------
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (23,768 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: PlayStation Plus Update – June 2013

Great post :smileyvery-happy: June comes early bit made me laugh!

This is another good month. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 45 (23,721 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Seems like another fantastic update. Got Demon's Souls but always fun with more people on the server, otherwise it can take a while on some worlds to join/invade others... so will definitely replay it during june.

Looking forward for SOTC too. Don't know the third one but I'll give it a try.

Keep up the good work on the quality of the PS plus titles :Lol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 45 (23,666 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Great update but I do wish the PS+ team would mix it up a bit more, for a while last year we were spammed with beat em ups (hopefully we'll see less of them after the recent PS+ blog vote) and now an influx of RPG/Shield and sword games. 

I don't mind and will play all june's upcoming content, but I class it all as very similar, I just hope we're not constantly fed these because RPG type games were voted up in the recent blog PS+ poll.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (23,638 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

PS+ is so totally worth the money it's insane.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45 (23,611 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

mont348 wrote:

Great update but I do wish the PS+ team would mix it up a bit more, for a while last year we were spammed with beat em ups (hopefully we'll see less of them after the recent PS+ blog vote) and now an influx of RPG/Shield and sword games. 

I don't mind and will play all june's upcoming content, but I class it all as very similar, I just hope we're not constantly fed these because RPG type games were voted up in the recent blog PS+ poll.

This month was Hitman, Catherine and Malicious, 3 totally different titles, before that was okami hd, LOTR: War In The North, The Cave, and before that was Mass Effect 3, Mortal Kombat, and Guardians of Middle Earth.

That's quite a large mix of games right there. This one month has 3 insanely brilliant titles, Demon's Souls and Kingdoms of Amalur are the same genre but VERY different games, and both excellent titles, and ICO and SOTC are brilliant classic titles that are also very unique. So one month is ever so slightly "themed" and has a bunch of titles that are similar. Next month will contain entirely different games. You're paying less than the cost of a brand new game for a years worth of free games, not to mention that Hitman Absolution was free this month to subscribers, and it was £49.99 on PSN store, as it's a very recent release.

I mean really... I can't believe some of the complaints of criticism I see regarding PS+ sometimes.

EDIT: Holy crap I just noticed the 70% off Tekken Tag 2 part, I've been waiting a very long time for a discount of that :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (23,554 Views)
Level 11

Playstation Staff

CallumK91 wrote:

mont348 wrote:

This month was Hitman, Catherine and Malicious, 3 totally different titles, before that was okami hd, LOTR: War In The North, The Cave, and before that was Mass Effect 3, Mortal Kombat, and Guardians of Middle Earth.

That's quite a large mix of games right there. This one month has 3 insanely brilliant titles, Demon's Souls and Kingdoms of Amalur are the same genre but VERY different games, and both excellent titles, and ICO and SOTC are brilliant classic titles that are also very unique. So one month is ever so slightly "themed" and has a bunch of titles that are similar. Next month will contain entirely different games. You're paying less than the cost of a brand new game for a years worth of free games, not to mention that Hitman Absolution was free this month to subscribers, and it was £49.99 on PSN store, as it's a very recent release.

I mean really... I can't believe some of the complaints of criticism I see regarding PS+ sometimes.

EDIT: Holy crap I just noticed the 70% off Tekken Tag 2 part, I've been waiting a very long time for a discount of that :smileyvery-happy:

I am not complaining about the content for June but it's all abit samey, it's like the monthly beat em up spam we had for a few months, we had Mortal Kombat, DOA5, Double Dragon Neon and Scott Pilgrim all back to back. 

Now I appreciate PS+ has to cater for all tastes and you can class beat em up's cater for a niche market, especially after the low vote they got in recent PS+ poll. 

I just think the PS+ store team would mix the content more evenly, june titles are great but for some subscribers there's nothing of any interest.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 45 (23,535 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

What to play, what to play, what to play... probably worth remembering that the three annual titles are also due to be replaced in June, so that should mix the genres up a bit. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 45 (23,495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

mont348 wrote:
I am not complaining about the content for June but it's all abit samey, it's like the monthly beat em up spam we had for a few months, we had Mortal Kombat, DOA5, Double Dragon Neon and Scott Pilgrim all back to back. 

Now I appreciate PS+ has to cater for all tastes and you can class beat em up's cater for a niche market, especially after the low vote they got in recent PS+ poll. 

I just think the PS+ store team would mix the content more evenly, june titles are great but for some subscribers there's nothing of any interest.

Need I have to repeat myself a third time after this time?
You get free titles each month, the past few months have been incredibly varied. This month has a bit of a theme to it. So what?! Okami, Hitman, Dead or Alive, Mass Effect 3, Infamous 2 - All titles that are entirely different to June's titles. Why complain because ONE month of the 12 months of your £40 subscription has a bit of a theme to it? It's not like it's the WHOLE year.
What people fail to realise is they paid £40 for a year of free titles. Everyone got that money back in Hitman Absolution alone. You pay a tiny price for the amount of content you get, so how can you complain if ONE month has a theme? July might be pure racing, or something else, or just be a few random games that are all different from one another.
If you dislike the "samey" feel of it, why dont you just not bother paying that tiny fee for your subscription and buy only games you like?
Sony cater for everyone with PS+, there is probably a bunch of people who absolutely hated the april titles, or the may titles, but will love the June titles. You can't expect to be really happy with every single month of PS+ unless you love every single game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45 (23,488 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

CallumK91 wrote:

mont348 wrote:

Need I have to repeat myself a third time after this time?
You get free titles each month, the past few months have been incredibly varied. This month has a bit of a theme to it. So what?! Okami, Hitman, Dead or Alive, Mass Effect 3, Infamous 2 - All titles that are entirely different to June's titles. Why complain because ONE month of the 12 months of your £40 subscription has a bit of a theme to it? It's not like it's the WHOLE year.
What people fail to realise is they paid £40 for a year of free titles. Everyone got that money back in Hitman Absolution alone. You pay a tiny price for the amount of content you get, so how can you complain if ONE month has a theme? July might be pure racing, or something else, or just be a few random games that are all different from one another.
If you dislike the "samey" feel of it, why dont you just not bother paying that tiny fee for your subscription and buy only games you like?
Sony cater for everyone with PS+, there is probably a bunch of people who absolutely hated the april titles, or the may titles, but will love the June titles. You can't expect to be really happy with every single month of PS+ unless you love every single game.

I am not complaining about the content, my only complaint is variety this month I will play all of June's content problem is RPG type games usually require putting some hours in, It's far too much for one month they should of been evenly spaced out over the next few months.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 45 (23,478 Views)
0 Kudos