16 Feb 2012
By iESCUDO
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Plus Far Cry 2 problem

4 Replies 461 Views Created 16-02-2012

So there's this problem which doesn't allow me to get Far Cry 2, i have the Trial version (30 mins left) and it says i already have the product.

I've redownloaded again and the trial appears again, what's up with this?

Have an extra question about Plus (which supposedly the answer should be yes... but still have to ask to make sure it is), if i purchase a Full game with the Plus discount do i keep the game forever (unlike those games that expire when subsription ends)?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (461 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: Plus Far Cry 2 problem

Far Cry 2 is free to Plus members....I don't get it?

But if you pay any amount of money towards a title at all, yes, it is yours to keep forever. It is only the free titles that are essentially "on loan" while you're a Plus subscriber.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (449 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Apparently i can't edit the first post, so the time ran out for the trial and now i can purchase it.

If anyone comes here from Google or any search engine, etc... if you're having a problem where yo ucan't purchase a game that you have as trial, simply make it expire and you can purchase the game.

As for the discounted games it seems that we keep them forever, which is said on the window of the game in the store for Plus discounted games (shame on me for not reading).

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (447 Views)

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I had this same problem but assumed that as I had gone through the store purchase and was only given the option to download that it had actually extended my hour trial to the full version. By the time I downloaded and got time to try out the game (last Friday), I have now found out that I only got the hour trial despite trying to get the PS+ full version when it was free. Unfortunately it was taken off the PS+ page only a couple of days prior as well. Is there anything that can be done now? I thought about calling Customer Support to see if they could do anything as I did try to purchase the game whilst it was free to Plus subscribers but I could not find a telephone number for them.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (314 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re : Plus Far Cry 2 problem

Same trouble here!

Downloaded the trial version a while ago and now the PSN+ free version says it expired!

Great, free game I can't play...

Ups to the CS, please. Remembered troubles like that happened already with this title and others (like Shatter...)

Unhappy customer, then.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (232 Views)
0 Kudos