I find it fun and simple to use.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 55 (3,336 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Premier Manager on PS3

Agreed i think its cracking game its not Football Manager but i did not expect it to be.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 55 (3,294 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

PSYCHO_SEAN wrote:

Cant be arsed to waste anymore of my life thinking about this terrbile game so im posting the eamil i sent to psn network services:::

Hello,

I am a frequent PS Store user/buyer and have never had a problem with it, until this afternoon. This afternoon I visited the store and viewed a game called Premier Manager, the game is advertised as being for "Hardcore and Casual Gamers" and as "The Definitive pick-up and play experience". So as a football manager gaming fan I went ahead and purchased the title for a little steep but promising £13.99. Then subsequently downloaded the game at a very small 180Mb (slightly concerned now), I installed the game for my screen to go black for 2 minutes before a generic ps3 loading bar appeared (getting more concerned). Eventually the 180Mb game loaded and I set off to become a great manager. No, this will never happen. One look at the game screen and anyone who plays these sorts of games can see that this is far below a standard expected for a ps3 title. I wasn't expecting fancy graphics but I certainly wasn't expecting a screen that was harder to navigate
than boat with 1 oar, a game that would take an hour to work out and minutes to get annoyed with. Simple things have been deeply overlooked and the controls are terrible, the menus are even worse and nothing does what you ask it.

Anyway, as you do not offer refunds I expect that games advertised on your store are advertised correctly, as some of the tag lines to this game are in inverted commas I presume they have quoted someone and would like to know whom. In future please check the titles and there advertising as this is misleading (if you think I'm over-reacting have a try yourself!), as you may find people turn their backs from buying on-line and go back to the highstreet where they can return their games if they have been mis-sold!

Many Thanks for wasting my hard-earned £13.99

Always wait for some reviews when a never-heard-about-it-before game goes on sale.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 55 (3,297 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

AVOID THIS GAME

Premier Manager has always been a poor mans Football Manager or Championship Manager.

it doesn't have any depth, graphically it's poor and is very basic

Why Football Manager can't be made for PS3 when it is out on PSP??

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 55 (3,268 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

After playing this game solidly for 3 hours tonight, I think it`s worthy to counter some (not all) of the arguments presented here, specifically those generated by PSYCHO_SEAN:

I didn`t get the 2 minute wait time, or generic loading bar,  that was mentioned, it loaded and installed like any other game (perhaps a problem with your PS3 or Router?)

I agree that at face value the menus are not user-friendly, but with a bit of lateral thinking they are relatively simple to navigate after 5-10 mins. 

Quote - "Nothing does what you ask it"....? You don`t elaborate here but I found the only annoyance to be the Transfer Market (specifically selling players). The rest is relatively straight forward if you look at the Help sections on the screen which explain what each button does.

I am not playing Devil`s Advocate - I agree that it has not been play-tested to the greatest degree - but it IS a fun and rewarding Management sim, and something the PS3 sorely needed. Here`s hoping it`s the start of a trend. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 55 (3,135 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I think the majority of Football Manager fans are being very very harsh on Premier Manager on the PlayStation 3.

Lets look at it from another perspective for a second before the games release there was no Football Manager game for PlayStation 3 Exept the mini,s Championship manager. And Football fans was crying out for a footy manager title.

Now with the greatness of Football Manger this means that the majority of people will judge this game on a PC Game which is not truly fair to be honest.  Yes premier manager has a tricky control system no it does not have a commentry to go with the matches but its NOT Football Manager and never will be so stop comparing a PlayStation 3 game to a PC one.

And if you are buying this title expecting Football Mnager dont bother by the PC game instead you wont have to rant on here then will you about how bad a ps3 manager game is

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 55 (3,088 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

luckio wrote:

I think the majority of Football Manager fans are being very very harsh on Premier Manager on the PlayStation 3.

Lets look at it from another perspective for a second before the games release there was no Football Manager game for PlayStation 3 Exept the mini,s Championship manager. And Football fans was crying out for a footy manager title.

Now with the greatness of Football Manger this means that the majority of people will judge this game on a PC Game which is not truly fair to be honest.  Yes premier manager has a tricky control system no it does not have a commentry to go with the matches but its NOT Football Manager and never will be so stop comparing a PlayStation 3 game to a PC one.

And if you are buying this title expecting Football Mnager dont bother by the PC game instead you wont have to rant on here then will you about how bad a ps3 manager game is

I'm not a fan of Football Manager... and now because a few other people think its good I'm now reconsidering the purchase of this game... But I'm still gonna wait for a review or a blog post :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 55 (3,053 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i think to settle all arguments,codemasters should just bring back LMA MANAGER,cult classic on ps1 and ps2,probably the best football manager game on a console,love to play that again,could spend hours on it.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 55 (2,985 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

If you like old school footy management games but don't play the mammoth PC games then Premier Manager is a decent & fun little game - although perhaps over priced at £13.99.

PSYCHO_SEAN - worst game you've ever played??  - you must not have tried the Championship Manager mini then!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 55 (2,978 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

was thinking about buying this, harking back to the old days of SWOS, love that game, may have to load it up on the PC tonight....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 55 (2,885 Views)
0 Kudos