22 Sep 2012
By Circa79
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Resident Evil 2 PS Vita

[ Edited ]
27 Replies 5,032 Views edited 22-09-2012
Does anyone know what is happening with resi 2 (PSOne Version) regarding vita compatibility? I know that the blog warned that it wasn't compatible yet when it was on sale but there has been no news. I heard that it was taken down due to a bug when you switched disks. I have also tried to transfer via the PS3 but no joy.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 28 (5,032 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Resident Evil 2 PS Vita

I had it installed and working on my Vita and all of a sudden it has a content expired message when I go to launch it.  It's not on the Vita PS Store anymore either.  Anyone know why?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 28 (4,719 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

same thing happen to me .i got mine free with plus.. after my ps+ was running out soon so i renewed it wen it was 29.99 but it didnt update the expired dates same on ps3 but you could still clik download again on content to sync the new date but you cant redownload resident evil 2 off the ps vita store its been removed also tryed trasfer from ps3 but shows nothin to tanfer ..and yes i keep it in the bubble n still shows nothin to tranfer wht a pain will hv to wait for fix

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28 (4,407 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Don't know why you'd want that, it looks really outdated now, graphics are awful. You'd be better getting the GC Resident Evil 0 ported and its remake of Resident evil 1, they still look class today
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28 (4,394 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

got them on gamecube love re1 remake.. im just gonna remote play it from my ps3 till its fixed..tho its in 4.9 instead of fullscreen :ScaredPumpkin:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28 (4,389 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It's down because the Store Team do not know how to use a Vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 28 (4,323 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

SONY STORE TEAM PLEASE READ ABOVE re2 works... so its been pulled because of people not knowing to hold your finger on the screen to bring up the menu then click restart and click disc 2. hope someone at sony eu see this message that resident evil 2 is fine and put it back on the store soon as possible:Vampire:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28 (4,306 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

If they've taken it down because some idiots didn't know how to switch the disc, I'm not happy at all, especially as in the store it still says ps vita compatible. So I'm also unhappy with Sony for not mentioning this in the store description that its still ps vita compatible, when it clearly isn't at the moment. I hope it's something more serious than some people not knowing how to swap discs.

so come on Sony, when can we expect re2 to be ale to run on a vita again, as I bought it for that reason?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28 (4,185 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I wish they would give a response. i really want to play this again on Vita.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28 (4,022 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

i emailed capcom but only got this response.

Hi

Thank you for contacting Capcom Technical Support.

I'm afraid we - in Technical Support - do not have any information regarding this
matter.
As such, we can only advise you to keep an eye on the official
websites for any news on this.

I apologise for not having an answer to
you on this matter.

Best Regards,
Michael D.
Capcom Technical
Support

looks like all we can do is wait.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos