01 Jul 2012
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Sly trilogy file size

10 Replies 882 Views Created 01-07-2012

What is up with the file size on the sly collection? 23gb minimum free space needed, what is the maximum?. I really want this collection but the file size is so big I might have to buy it on the disk for twice the price which seems stupid when its on the psn store only 15 quid. I mean the jak and ratchet trilogies arnt that big so why does this one have to be massive?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (882 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Sly trilogy file size

If you buy the trilogy, you get each of the three games as a separate downloadable, so if you just want to have one of them on your HDD at any one time, you could just do that - and you'll need a third of the space.

As to why they take up that much space: presumably because that's how big they are...

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (880 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ah so I can download the first one, complete it and then delete it and then do the same with the 2nd and 3rd

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (876 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Yep. And redownload them as many times as you like, to the same machine.

Sly 1 = 5.3 GB

Sly 2 = 7.3 GB

Sly 3 = 11 GB

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (868 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the info :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (863 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hey, same here i have 13gb spare memory but sly 3 the 11gb wont download whats wrong???

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (786 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

sackboy9931 wrote:

hey, same here i have 13gb spare memory but sly 3 the 11gb wont download whats wrong???

Unfortunately, unlike other online game services like Steam, when you download something from PSN it's not installed right away, but have to be installed. So you download the 11GB install files and then it needs another 11GB to be installed to. So during the download/install process you need 22GB. But after the install, the install files are deleted and "only" 11GB remains.

All signatures sucks, especially those with images in them.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (784 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

THankyou so much for the help, how am i supposed to get another 9gb free space i stripped my games and my saved data what else can i do? is it possible to have all three games on one ps3?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (774 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

sackboy9931 wrote:

THankyou so much for the help, how am i supposed to get another 9gb free space i stripped my games and my saved data what else can i do? is it possible to have all three games on one ps3?

Sounds like you need a bigger hard drive! In the meantime, note that any games you've bought from the Store can be downloaded as often as you like from your downloads list, so it's safe to delete Sly 1 and Sly 2 - you'll be able to download them back to that PS3 at any time in the future if you want to.

-------
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (770 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Ok thanks for the advice!!! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (763 Views)
0 Kudos