26 Aug 2010
By ARCY
Playstation Staff

Super Stardust HD won't update!!!!!

13 Replies 1,269 Views Created 26-08-2010
I haven't played Stardust HD for a while but decided to have a go last night only to find that it needed to update to V5.0. Every time I tried updating I got the screen saying "Please Wait" and then I get 3 beeps and the console restarts without updating. Can anyone help?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (1,269 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Super Stardust HD won't update!!!!!

Delete the thing and reinstall it from your downloads list...it is a known issue...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (1,262 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

When the "Update available" message pops up count to 10 then press X to start the download. If that doesnt work then delete the game and download it again from the store. The version on the store is 5.0.

Only thing it adds is 3D support.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (1,261 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks guys i'll try that tonight.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (1,254 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Start Stardust HD. At the screen which stipulates that there's an update, look at the HDD-light. Once it stops flashing, continue the update.

I guess it's the same bug which caused PlayStation Home update to fail.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (1,250 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I just had this problem with Uncharted 2 when trying to upgrade to 1.09.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (1,232 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Thanks Zinep, have some kudos. I tried your suggestion of waiting until the hdd light stops flashing and it worked. THANKS.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (1,220 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

ARCY wrote:

Thanks Zinep, have some kudos. I tried your suggestion of waiting until the hdd light stops flashing and it worked. THANKS.

Thats where counting to 10 comes in!

Like i said the 5.0 update adds 3D support but have you noticed the game seems to look a little bit better on a normal HDTV since the patch? Or is it just me?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (1,218 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

moriarty1975 wrote:

ARCY wrote:

[---]

Just a note: For me, I'm certain that counting to 10 would not have been sufficient for any of the updates except for PlayStation Home perhaps, unless I would have counted very slowly. For Uncharted 2 I had to wait for full a minute before I could update it.

I really hope they find some fix for this soon; I keep running into it for random titles, and I always forget to wait before pressing X. I'm too used with the old behavior, when it was ok to continue quickly.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (1,208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

moriarty1975 wrote:

ARCY wrote:

Like i said the 5.0 update adds 3D support but have you noticed the game seems to look a little bit better on a normal HDTV since the patch? Or is it just me?

Sorry, I thought you were taking the P*** at first. I will say though like Zinep said I had to wait nearly a minute for the light to stop flashing (I didn't think it was going to stop). Thanks for the help anyway.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (1,196 Views)
0 Kudos