98%
07 Rank
Progress

10 PS3 trophies that prove you’re a man

16 Replies 7,147 Views Created 25-09-2012
25 Sep 2012
By EVOVI12

Red Dead Redemption: Bearly Legal

Life in the Old West was tough, and the pinnacle of success for an outdoorsman was to hunt down and kill a grizzly with his bare hands. For this trophy you’ll need to accomplish this feat 18 times, then demonstrate your knife skills by skinning every one of the furry beasts. 

name 

Dead Space 2: Hard to the Core

Making your way through dark, Necromorph infested corridors is a frightening enough prospect at the best of times. Throw in Hard Core mode, where you have limited ammo, tougher enemies and only 3 saves to use through the entire game, and the result is so terrifying that you’ll need cojones the size of grapefruit to even attempt this trophy.

name 

Heavy Rain: Butcher

As Ethan Mars you’re subjected to a series of increasingly brutal trials, including crawling over broken glass and being electrocuted. For the toughest of these you’re instructed to cut off part of your finger, and if you decide to comply then eschewing the ‘easier’ options to use the saw or, worse still, the scissors will land this trophy.

name

Skyrim: Hard Worker

For the rugged adventurer there are plenty of manly pursuits to take up in the world of Tamriel. For this trophy you’ll need to head into the forest to chop wood, go down a mine to dig out some ore, then return home to cook a hearty meal using the meat of a creature you caught along the way.

name 

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD:Don’t Touch the Sides

Your character Naked Snake, who will go on to be known as Big Boss, is a former Green Beret and CIA operative. If you get shot enough times during the game a bullet will become lodged in you, at which point you get to prove Snake’s mettle and earn this trophy by using your knife to perform field surgery and remove it.

name

Dead Rising 2: Duct Tape FTW

Since we first saw the exploits of MacGyver in the 1980s, the ability to construct ingenious items from everyday materials and a roll of duct tape has become the embodiment of manliness. You’ll need to show off Chuck Greene’s DIY skills by constructing 50 different combo weapons to unlock this trophy.

name 

Yakuza: Dead Souls: Outdoorsman

As Kazuma Kiryu proves here, even with a zombie outbreak causing widespread chaos there’s nothing that can get in the way of some manly leisure time. Head to the golf course and go fishing once each to unlock this trophy – just watch out for the infamous zombie fish!

name 

Uncharted 2: Tastes Like Chicken

Barbeques are often gathering places for groups of men, getting the coals glowing and arguing over when to turn the meat. Unfortunately in the case of Uncharted 2’s Drake’s Fortune DLC it’s the ‘other’ other white meat you’ll be cooking, killing 20 enemies by blowing them up with propane tanks to earn enough ‘BBQ’ awards for this trophy.

name 

Rapala Pro Bass Fishing: True Legend

Long considered a manly sporting pastime, the recreational angler dreams of catching that one monster fish that he can tell tales of for the rest of his days. For this trophy you need to net not just one, but a whopping 30 different monster fish, including a beastly Lake Sturgeon weighing almost 300lbs!

name 

Game of Thrones: ‘Tis but a scratch!

The Monty Python reference for this trophy’s name may provide some amusement, but what you go through to unlock it is no laughing matter. When Mors has been captured and is being tortured in the dungeon, take every opportunity available to insult your captors, provoking them to dish out increasingly violent punishments which you endure with relish.

name

1 Kudo
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

Hard to the Core = evil... So evil that I never even attempted, and still remains the sole thing standing in the way of my second Dead Space platinum...

Am getting too old to lose 4 hours of work to an off screen Necromorph slashing me for a one hit kill... lol... I endured that silly asteroid game in the first one (finally popped the trophy after dozens of attempts), and Impossible mode in both game... but I draw the line at punishing myself with Hard to the Core... lol..

0 Kudos

Re: 10 PS3 trophies that prove you’re a man

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

adin75

92%
04 Rank
Progress
adin75
Accepted Solution
Hard to the Core hey? *adjusts grapefruit size cajones*
2 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
98%
13 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

adin75 wrote:
Hard to the Core hey? *adjusts grapefruit size cajones*

lololol......

0 Kudos

2TB SSHD Pro - 8GB Vita - Bravia 49" 4K TV - Yamaha 5.1ch Audio

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

iLythium

79%
04 Rank
Progress
iLythium
Accepted Solution

I've only played 4 of those games, and only have 1 of the trophies out of those 4. :(

That Dead Space 2 trophy is ridiculous. If I even attempted it my controller would likely end up embedded in my flat screen out of frustration.

Kudos to anyone who has even attempted it.

- Lyth

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

spectre51

• Award Winner
97%
05 Rank
Progress
spectre51
Accepted Solution
I have played RDR, DS2 and U:AT only have that bearly legal trophy, damn stealth bears made it difficult, one almost got me had skinned around 5 and standing over No.6 when I heard one spun around went in dead eye mode thinking it would be 10+metres away but no it was on top of me a second away from swiping at me thankfully I shot in the head. If I didn't have the bolt-action rifle out I would have died and lost five skins definitely.

Once I finish FXIII-2 I'll be attempting DS2 Hard to the Core, I am taking the easy way out though and have purchased one of the DLC packs when they where half price.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Scunter

• Beta Tester
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Scunter
Accepted Solution

kiwiatlarge wrote:

Hard to the Core = evil... So evil that I never even attempted, and still remains the sole thing standing in the way of my second Dead Space platinum...

Am getting too old to lose 4 hours of work to an off screen Necromorph slashing me for a one hit kill... lol... I endured that silly asteroid game in the first one (finally popped the trophy after dozens of attempts), and Impossible mode in both game... but I draw the line at punishing myself with Hard to the Core... lol..

Hard to the Core... with 2 kids under two in the house.... I don't get long enough play sessions to do the game in 3 saves...and if I leave it paused the toddler is guaranteed to spot the controller and unpause me :(

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wilbossman

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Wilbossman
Accepted Solution

I should add that this is actually a feature I wrote for the Official PlayStation Magazine website, please click through and pay us a visit!

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/09/20/10-ps3-trophies-that-prove-youre-a-man/

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

iLythium

79%
04 Rank
Progress
iLythium
Accepted Solution

Can now lay claim to 2 of these trophies. Killing Bears in Red Dead is easy with the Buffalo Rifle :D

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BigGreyBox

57%
02 Rank
Progress
BigGreyBox
Accepted Solution

I don't have these games, and they don't interest me

0 Kudos

"Last night I lay in bed & gazed up at the stars & the moon & the sky & thought to myself... where the hell is my ceiling" ~ anon

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TEABAGNEMESIS

• Beta Tester
86%
05 Rank
Progress
TEABAGNEMESIS
Accepted Solution

BigGreyBox wrote:

I don't have these games, and they don't interest me

Based on your trophies, there doesn't seem to be many games that interest you at all :Lol:

1 Kudo

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
98%
13 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

I think the issue with the missing ceiling is more important than video games teabag :Lol:

PSNsig

1 Kudo

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TEABAGNEMESIS

• Beta Tester
86%
05 Rank
Progress
TEABAGNEMESIS
Accepted Solution

Lol, good spotting, that is a worry :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Scunter

• Beta Tester
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Scunter
Accepted Solution
It was nice of them to post so that we would know that they don't care...thanks for sharing, BigGreyBox!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

gavsta72

• Award Winner
98%
13 Rank
Progress
gavsta72
Accepted Solution

I was thinking to myself.....what is a big grey box ??

Luckily sanity prevailed and I thought...don't go there Gav :P

PSNsig

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TEABAGNEMESIS

• Beta Tester
86%
05 Rank
Progress
TEABAGNEMESIS
Accepted Solution

Not cool mate :smileyindifferent: ... going to have to look at pron now to erase that image :smileytongue:

1 Kudo

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Jazzahh

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Jazzahh
Accepted Solution

@gavsta72 Judging by his playercard theme, one would assume it's related to Doctor Who. Rather than a big blue box, his username is biggreybox, probably as a joke of sorts.

On topic, though. I'm one of the 8,000 people to have achieved 'Hard to the core' on Dead Space 2, and proud of it. Regardless of the several insta-death sections where I lost hours of gameplay, it was still great fun, and Dead Space (since I played DS2) has now become my favourite franchise. I also have the bearly legal trophy for RDR (and nearly a platinum for that game, also) but I consider them all besides DS2's trophy to be fairly easy to obtain. Hard to the core took me a ages without any DLC assistance, and I'm sure no other trophy on this list even compares.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel