92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Catherine Platinum

58 Replies 511 Views Created 01-03-2012

So am I the only person fool enough to be going for this platinum?

It would be nice to discuss this game with others as it is rock hard.  Some morale boosting would be welcome :Help:

I have the US version so I've probably had a bit of a head start. 

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Award Winner
/16

ratchet34321

• Award Winner
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ratchet34321
Accepted Solution

You can do CJ101 ... think of it as a challenge, an uber rare platty that you can gloat at me with :Thumbs:

To be fair, you have to look at the Japanese version, as a lot of people imported it so *shrugs*

0 Kudos

Re: Catherine Platinum

[ Edited ]

Photobucket

"You can't take the sky from me"

Beta Tester
/16

StuR328

• Beta Tester
98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StuR328
Accepted Solution

|¬_¬|™
/16

Haggisdodger

83%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Haggisdodger
Accepted Solution

Your Gamer Cards

catherine.jpg

Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

lol. Chants. *you can do it* *you can do it*

/16

CJ101

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CJ101
Accepted Solution

You're orrible you lot!

The game kicked my behind last night :(  It wasn't having any of it!

[ Edited ]
/16

CJ101

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CJ101
Accepted Solution

I hadn't played much until yesterday as I was trying to get my first Mass Effect 2 run completed.

Anyway a productive couple of hours on Catherine.  No progress on my second run but I was contrating on the Rapunzel arcade machine in the bar.  There are a couple of trophies for this mini game requiring you to beat 64 levels.

I was stuck on lvl 28 for ages but after I beat it I had a real purple period and thrashed it upto lvl 42.  Only a third left to go now :smileyhappy:

/16

CassyChan

89%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CassyChan
Accepted Solution

CJ101 wrote:

I was stuck on lvl 28 for ages but after I beat it I had a real purple period and thrashed it upto lvl 42.

Purple what? I hope that's some kind of in-game term I'm not aware of! I really need to play this game, it looks great, though I probably won't attempt the plat. Good luck to you sir :)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CJ101

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CJ101
Accepted Solution

CassyChan wrote:

CJ101 wrote:

I was stuck on lvl 28 for ages but after I beat it I had a real purple period and thrashed it upto lvl 42.

Purple what? I hope that's some kind of in-game term I'm not aware of! I really need to play this game, it looks great, though I probably won't attempt the plat. Good luck to you sir :)

:Lol: I'm not sure where it comes from but I'm guessing it might be motorsport.  Generally means good, fast or on a role, it's a pretty general term.

Beta Tester
/16

StuR328

• Beta Tester
98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StuR328
Accepted Solution
why haven't you done this yet? :|

|¬_¬|™
/16

CJ101

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CJ101
Accepted Solution

StuR328 wrote:

Because I'm slack! :smileysad:

Award Winner
/16

ratchet34321

• Award Winner
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ratchet34321
Accepted Solution

CJ101 wrote:

StuR328 wrote:

:catsad:

Don't let me down CJ ... DON'T LET ME DOWN ! :P

Photobucket

"You can't take the sky from me"

Beta Tester
/16

StuR328

• Beta Tester
98%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
StuR328
Accepted Solution

ratchet34321 wrote:

CJ101 wrote:

StuR328 wrote:

:catsad:

Don't let me down CJ ... DON'T LET ME DOWN ! :P

Thats what she said :D

this applies to both CJ's and ratchets posts

#ROFLsBanter

|¬_¬|™
/16

ardpsiko

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ardpsiko
Accepted Solution

CJ101 schreef:
Hurry up ardpsiko I need some morale boosting backup here!

Some improvement last night. 180 steps reached on the third babel tower Obelisk. Just 34 steps to go! I am not looking forwards to Axis Mundi :(

It has begun...

(Just need two more trophies for SSX platinum, which are the primary focus at the moment.)

I can only imagine how awful this is going to be.

0 Kudos

/16

Izorpo

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Izorpo
Accepted Solution

I also have had the US release of Catherine - had it sent over when it was released there last summer and I don't have the plat

mind you I kind of lost the desire to play it after spending an hour on the phone with my sister (who lives in US and posted it and the artbook to me) explaining to her that no my marriage wasn't in trouble and no I hadn't become a lesbian or developed some kink because of the -as she put it the slightly pervy art book of a woman committing food molestation and could I please properly explain what I meant about crystals and virginity when posting comments about Ar Tonelico on my facebook page

that after that surreal discussion thought it best to just kill dragons in White Knight Chronicles or something

0 Kudos

/16

CJ101

92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CJ101
Accepted Solution

Izorpo wrote:

I also have had the US release of Catherine - had it sent over when it was released there last summer and I don't have the plat

mind you I kind of lost the desire to play it after spending an hour on the phone with my sister (who lives in US and posted it and the artbook to me) explaining to her that no my marriage wasn't in trouble and no I hadn't become a lesbian or developed some kink because of the -as she put it the slightly pervy art book of a woman committing food molestation and could I please properly explain what I meant about crystals and virginity when posting comments about Ar Tonelico on my facebook page

that after that surreal discussion thought it best to just kill dragons in White Knight Chronicles or something

I understood most of this however the highlighted bit totally lost me ?

It's a shame that you went through the trouble of getting an import but didn't carry on with it though.

[ Edited ]
/16

Izorpo

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Izorpo
Accepted Solution
basically thats how the conversation went - hence surrealness of it but in Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel - which is an odd rpg - sort of dating sim rpg - basically you enter into these females in some seedy looking place and get to know them better by their psyches - which are neurotic at best and I posted on facebook about what I was playing saying something like OMG I shoved a crystal up her taking her virginity and while in her I came across some weird sado-masochistic doll that just battered my head as in the brain oozing out between my ears type of battering- yelling at the telly ***** and how do I get out of here/her from my sisters perspective seeing her older sister post such things may confuse her - as in WTH do people actually do in the UK? from my perspective she has selective memory and reasoning as she never said anything when I posted about jacking cars all day shooting off my rpg in Steelport to the backdrop of Adam and the Ants Stand and Deliver will play Catherine one day - maybe after therapy but now everytime I put the disk in I'm reminded of the conversation or the husband reminds me - not sure which one is worst
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

Seriously?!? That's verging on being censored lol

Anyways come on CJ there are 19 Platinumers now you can be the 20th :D http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/CATHERINE

[ Edited ]
/16

Haggisdodger

83%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Haggisdodger
Accepted Solution

I'm going to get on Catherine this weekend, i should have Dead Souls Platnumed by the weekend all things going well.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire!

0 Kudos

/16

finalfanffvii

55%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
finalfanffvii
Accepted Solution

Is this Catherine game any good? I am a huge fan of similar games such as persona but haven't really heard any proper feedback from someone who has actullay played it. I would be very interested to get it and add a decent platinum to my small collection.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

finalfanffvii wrote:

Is this Catherine game any good? I am a huge fan of similar games such as persona but haven't really heard any proper feedback from someone who has actullay played it. I would be very interested to get it and add a decent platinum to my small collection.

Was there a demo on the PS Store? I knew there was one on the US store but I can't remember seeing it on the EU one. 

I had a go at the demo from the US store actually and I found it strange. Lots of dialogue / cut scenes and this one was quite long. Not sure if they are all like that. 

How much patience do you have? :D

/16

ardpsiko

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ardpsiko
Accepted Solution
The story is rather short, the timed block puzzles is where your patience will be truly tested and form the bulk of the gameplay. The dialogue sections in between puzzles kind of work like Persona's social links. For the platinum you will have your work cut out for you, as you will require perfect runs of every stage, among a couple of other time-consuming things. If you're a puzzle fanatic, this is your game. If you just want it for the story, I'd say it's not really worth it.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel