Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: hardest would have to be socomRe: Easiest and Hardest platinum trophy!

otorishigeru wrote:

I think it'd be pretty hard to get the plat on MW2. Mainly based on the difficulty to finish the special ops with the jugs on Veteran. You'd have to be a sadist to get that one.

I have to disagree with this. I got the platinum for it, and I certainly wouldn't say it was that hard. Don't get me wrong, it was no walk in the park, but I did manage to finish all solo-able SpecOps on 3 star bar for 2 of them by myself and I'm certainly no FPS guru or anything.

Some people say a platinum is hard because it is time consuming, to me hard is not based around time required but on how challenging it actually is. A 150+ hour game that just required you to keep going is surely ranked lower than one that 'could' be completed in 20-30 yet requires real skill, good luck and lots of dying lol.

My 2c.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 54 (1,591 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: hardest would have to be socomRe: Easiest and Hardest platinum trophy!

Easier ones are Uncharted 1/2, inFamous and Dead Space, from experience. Hardest single player trophies I can think of are WipEout HD. MP games such as Warhawk, MAG and SOCOM are always going to be hard.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 54 (1,585 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Easiest and Hardest platinum trophy!

Re: Hard vs Long (I'm talking Platinum trophies here....)

I've read some people say Resistance 2 is difficult, but seriously that would have to be the easiest FPS plat to get by a country mile, if you are a half competant online player who would easily put 50-100 hours into the online, which most people who move from COD4 to R2 to KZ2 to MW2 to MAG would easily do..

It's only difficult for people who only play online in FPS games to get the trophies, or people like me who only casually play online on any game (even their favourite game in recent years - Uncharted 2)... because 10,000 kills is a lot to get for someone who dies 3 or 4 times for every kill they make.

Otherwise, you weigh it up and Difficult is the easiest 'ultimate' difficulty in any FPS I've ever played by a country mile, co-op is just a matter of putting in the hours (just max out medic if you really suck) and then of course getting 10k kills in the vs.

On an another note... I'm playing Tomb Raider Underworld at the moment because I got it really cheap and I haven't played a Lara game since hiring I think the second or third one on PS1... I can see why it has a reputation for being a pretty easy and quick platinum.... especially if you use a "plat pathway" that someone has written up online...

Part of this is down to the trophy design. A couple of the silver/golds are for getting all of a certain trophy type, eg: one trophy for each of Swan dive I, II and III, and another when you get all of them, so if you are using youtube you effectively get two trophies for Swan dive III... Part of this is down to the length of the required replayability... as long as you use a guide and don't miss any, you can get the the Plat in one run.... even if you don't want to use a guide for using all the treasures (which personally I avoid doing during a first playthrough), you can still finish the game and go into treasure hunter mode to search for treasures and relics.... and lastly, Hard doesn't even seem to be that hard... (although I haven't reached any combat yet)

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 54 (1,578 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Tomb Raider Underworld on Hard is actually still pretty easy, I just never got back to collecting all the treasures and Relics...
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 is hard and long...trophy-wise. I think my game time is up around 150 hours and I'm still sitting at 51% complete...the golds are serious undertakings eg. Clear all missions in Mission Mode- which I think is around about 300 different battles (also includes some seriously difficult battles)... even "Acquire all playable characters." is time consuming.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 54 (1,574 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Tomb Raider is the easiest platinum I've obtained (and yeah, hard is not hard at all). Dragon Age isn't hard either (perhaps apart from one particular optional battle), it just requires a large investment of time. ACII is also pretty easy. Finding all the feathers is probably the hardest thing?

Something like Warhawk would be the hardest for me as I simply just suck at those sorts of games :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 54 (1,567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I could say Skate 2, because I am terrible at the game....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 54 (1,562 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hardest = Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, this game almost killed me!! Didn't cheat or anything and will platinum in the next few days. Also Call Of Duty Classic was hard as... but i got it.

Easiest = Eat Lead: (Matt Hazard game) and the Terminator game

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 54 (1,556 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I should also add Demon's Souls under hardest. It's not impossible, just takes enough skill to complete the game on NG+.. the rest is luck and time.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 54 (1,530 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I still reckon that is more time than difficulty, yes Demon's Souls is challenging, but after playthrough one you should have some decent boss strategies, I just haven't had time to go back and farm all the stones...oh and I didn't kill the Old King.....I really have got to get back to it....
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 54 (1,515 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Easiest and Hardest platnum trophy!

hmmm

- easiest platinum that I feel like i earned - fallout 3, tomb raider, alone in the dark, all come to mind. fallout 3 takes a while but it sure aint hard.

- easiest platinum that im ashamed to have - terminator .. i kinda enjoyed the game but getting a platinum for that is just shameful .. could be worse i guess i could lower myself to hanna montanna but i dont think i could show my face on the forums ever again, lol

- hardest platinum is a bit more difficult, some of the games im working on might be considered hard from a time perspective but thats about the only difficulty really. Resistance 2 I guess, but its not that difficult and I enjoy it, plus like I said before its just a matter of finding the time to grind through it.

~~~
Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints to get out of bed!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 54 (1,483 Views)
0 Kudos