25 Sep 2011
Playstation Staff

How Hard is World At War

8 Replies 246 Views Created 25-09-2011
My twin bro has challenged me to plat CoD World At War i have 10 plats he has four but because he plat MW2 first and WaW he rips me about it.The thing is i refused to buy WaW because i didn't like the whole ww2 thing but now he has thrown down the gauntlet.I just want to know how hard it is because i have heard lots of horror storys about it sorry for rambling on thanks guys.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (246 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: How Hard is World At War

Aside from a couple of points running though the levels on Veteran difficulty mode, its quite a straight forward platinum, IMHO.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (223 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Yeah, if I remember correctly, it's pretty simple, apart from the veteran run through which can be pad-breakingly frustrating at times, simply due to the grenade spam from the AI.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

'Heart of the Reich' and 'Blowtorch and Corkscrew' on Vet are the most difficult I reckon. Blackcats trophy for shooting down 50(?) zeroes took a couple of attempts aswell.

"They say... hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness searching for their destiny. The darkness, for me, is where I shine."
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (203 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

campaign on vet does get a bit frustrating but patience and good use of cover will get you through it.

sum of all zero's trophy annoyed the life out of me and took a good amount of attempts but nailed it eventually to claim my plat.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (194 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Its easily the hardest of the 4 CoD plats. The majority of the trophies are straight forward enough and a lot will just come through general game play.

If your planning on starting a swear jar best make sure you finish the veteran campaign first. Most parts are simply a case of finding a good cover to cover route and hitting the check points. There are then some parts of missions that are frustrating on an other wise ok and stress free mission but then there are a few missions that are a real pain in the arse for most of the mission.

Its very frustrating but possible. Just keep in mind its just checkpoint to check point.

Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (183 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

As the others have said it can be a real challange. You will get spamed with nades which try to push you out from cover so just try to be quick thinking. If you have the patience then the Plat will be yours and my god did it feel good getting it as well. Some plats bring on a smile but this plat brought on a fist pump and a real sence of relief :Thumbs:
Beavis is da man Vote Stu for PM :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (148 Views)
Level 6

Playstation Staff

dwad69 wrote:
As the others have said it can be a real challange. You will get spamed with nades which try to push you out from cover so just try to be quick thinking. If you have the patience then the Plat will be yours and my god did it feel good getting it as well. Some plats bring on a smile but this plat brought on a fist pump and a real sence of relief :Thumbs:

I remember moving through most of the last level in prone. Getting up sprinting far enough forward to get the AI team mates to move up and waiting for them to do something to help out while I hid behind the nearest crate. When that flag was planted at the end though, I remember a lone tear rolling down my cheek, completely unrelated to the storyline, I just knew that now it was finally all over.

"They say... hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness searching for their destiny. The darkness, for me, is where I shine."
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (144 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

OOOOOHHHHH my god what a game i done it but did it push me to my limit no wonder the British won the war the Germans never took any ammo in to battle only grenades had eight around me in one level  i am so glad it its done and i don't have to play it ever again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (126 Views)
0 Kudos