Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

Online trophies shouldn't count toward Plats

45 Replies 2,583 Views Created 31-01-2011

Hi Guys

Basically I`am hoping for Sony/Devs to change the rules and stop needing the online trophies counting toward the games platinum.

For instance and i`m sure most plat collectors will agree.

Bioshock Great game Got the plat.

Bioshock 2 "the game" Great! Multiplayer was a drag but got the plat.

But has put me off looking forward to the next instalment.

Transformers Good got the Plat.

Transformers war of cybertron good! multiplayer content a waste of time! Cant be bothered to even play the game!

Assassins creed Excellent game (no trophies)

Assassin creed 2 great game got the plat!

Brotherhood great game online is wearing me down! But will eventually get the plat.

Future creeds im praying people agree with me!!!!!

So what I asking is when Devs make a game, The platinum  can be earned thought the offline story!

And online trophies are purely addons! Maybe even have a plat for the online stuff as well!

Take Battlefield for instance its a online game end of story why do they feel the need to add a mind numbing story to it? For the sake of those who don't have Internet?

Hope you agree! and maybe make a change!

Stop forcing us to play Poor online content!

ps to be fair i have found the muliplayer stuff quite fun and addictive but to be honest if i wanted to play AC:b online for 50 hours id expect anther plat.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Wait-Jester-Sec

99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wait-Jester-Sec
Accepted Solution

I agree on the online trophies. some of them are good Eg Uncharted 2 and a few other games like red dead redemption. but others are way over the top like kill 100 players silently or something like that. it kind of gets a bit absurd.

Then when the online mode dies it is  harder to get these trophies, and eventually the servers will be shut down making it impossible to get them. I like Dead spacw 2 because there are NO multiplayer trophies required to get the plat. I hope more games do this.

Thanks for the good read :) and some very valid points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Online trophies shouldn't count toward Plats

photo Signature_zpsc792b269.jpg
/16

JRisky

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JRisky
Accepted Solution

I totally agree. You've pretty much covered all the things that concern me. The same thing with the Bioshock comment, great first game. great second game, online - disappointing, but after going through the process of being forced to play it, I actually grew to like it. I got Wolfenstein a while back, I love the campaign, gore etc. Online is a letdown and playing to reach level 50 on near-dead servers kills me. I highly doubt that they will change their policy for a few stressed gamers but if support continues, there may be something here.

0 Kudos

/16

AzedX

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AzedX
Accepted Solution

Completely agree with this.

I reckon they should create a new trophy specifically for the online side of games.
Once you complete all the game's online objectives you get the (insert new trophy name here) trophy.

Then the bronze, silver, golds and platinums are left for the offline side of games.

Fifa World Cup South Africa is killing me and is one of the main reasons why I agree with this.
Win the online world cup with a 1 star team? Yeah right :'(

0 Kudos

/16

Divine-Decree

88%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Divine-Decree
Accepted Solution

Couldn't agree more with the Op, I personally believe trophies are a marketing tool used to generate longevity for games and extra revenue for the DLC,  unfortunately for gamers the online trophies seem to be earned more by sheer luck than skill.

GOW III was probably the most enjoyable game I've played thus far. Whereas Medal of Honor and it's online trophies aged me by 10 years.

On a personal note I've been a massive fan of Battlefield Bad Company since it first came out and I still haven't plated it ( 90% I think ) because of the MASSIVE amount of work needed online.

0 Kudos

My Youtube Channel
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Divine-Decree wrote:

...I personally believe trophies are a marketing tool used to generate longevity for games and extra revenue for the DLC...

I have to disagree with this part of your post (the rest I agree with). I've been thinking about a thread along similar lines in fact.

Since trophies arrived, I feel I get less longevity (and therefore value for money) from games because once I have the platinum I move on. However, before trophies arrived I would play a good game until the cows came home. (Note, I only go for the platinum on games I enjoy, so it's not that I'm playing a lesser class of game).

0 Kudos

/16

Mr_Inconspicous

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mr_Inconspicous
Accepted Solution

You won't like SOCOM: Confrontation then or DC universe online!

0 Kudos

/16

JitteryJordan

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JitteryJordan
Accepted Solution

I totally agree, it sucks when you're trying to get a plat for an older game only to find out that no one plays the online part of it anymore, so you're screwed.

0 Kudos

/16

samba987

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
samba987
Accepted Solution

I totally agree with want you say TC. There are so many games I have that I would have gotten the platinum for if it was for online trophies.

I would like to see sony change it but for now I'll just skip the games with long grindy online trophies in them.

0 Kudos

/16

waldekzone

76%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
waldekzone
Accepted Solution

agree, but it is even worse when yoy actually earn the trophy and the game wont give it to you because game is glitched i.e. kane & lynch 2. i earned one trophy 3 time but it did not recognise it. that stinks

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Dino_Roar

• Beta Tester
48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Dino_Roar
Accepted Solution

I have really got into this Trophy thing over the last year or so, but it really gets to me when the game includes online ones.

For instance:

AC: Brotherhood - Brilliant game, but yet another Plat that i'll miss out on due to the online trophies.

COD: WAW & COD: BO - Dont even get me started on the Zombie ones......

What i would give for no online trophies....

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

dreamscape

• Beta Tester
92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dreamscape
Accepted Solution
i totally agree Dino, and welcome to the forum mate.. ps you have a message or two.. laters
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Dino_Roar wrote:

I have really got into this Trophy thing over the last year or so....

LOL no kidding :) WP...

0 Kudos

/16

JaySuthEFC

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JaySuthEFC
Accepted Solution
Bioshock is one of my favorite games, as is 2, for a plat I have to reach level 40 which seems to be taking ages before the online dies completely :(
0 Kudos

/16

CC_Kid

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CC_Kid
Accepted Solution

I couldn't agree with you people more!!! :Thumbs: 

We should be given an option to decide if we would like to install / remove the on-line trophies! :smileymad: 

It's very frustrating to try to get trophies when interest in a game starts to die! :Stupid:

0 Kudos

/16

Connolly3000

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Connolly3000
Accepted Solution
I agree completely, after having my ps3 broke, i have recently purchased a new one and kept the HDD with all my stuff on. Only... Now I try play brotherhood online, the waiting time for a match seems endless! Also i have a poor connection, and for those who dont play online, SHOULDNT have to miss out on platinum! Resident evil 5 was perfect... You didnt need any of the online ones, althouh I do think they should seperate the trophy locations because having a platinum at 70% just seems stupid right.? Sony needs to sort this out, ps3 trophies are what keep me from xbox achievements as they feel to have more value to them, Dont let the online ruin a good console! :(
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
I wanted to plat MSA, got 62% of trophies then realised I need to get to rank 40 online, with all the problems this game has online I decided not to go to the plat as it could take decades.

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

TalllPaul wrote:
I wanted to plat MSA, got 62% of trophies then realised I need to get to rank 40 online, with all the problems this game has online I decided not to go to the plat as it could take decades.

I was looking at MSA online requirements you can actually rank up playing single player season events. There is a few free DLC events bundles on the store might be worth going that route and the weekly events.

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Still takes a while, but yeah - the DLC events are a great boost.

Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution

mont348 escribió:

TalllPaul wrote:

I was looking at MSA online requirements you can actually rank up playing single player season events. There is a few free DLC events bundles on the store might be worth going that route and the weekly events.

ORLY!!! 

*runs to PS Store*

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

^ LOL, bear in mind though that you can't farm XP offline. You still need to do an awful lot of online grinding, but the offline DLC challenges do give you a healthy one time boost.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution
ORLY

*mehs and sighs*
0 Kudos

/16
75%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HoodedSolidSnake
Accepted Solution
I agree too. They should be there, but in old games, which nobody plays anymore, it basically just stops you from getting the Platinum.

Formerly realsince1999.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel