Level 11

Re: Online trophies shouldn't count toward Plats

TalllPaul wrote:
I wanted to plat MSA, got 62% of trophies then realised I need to get to rank 40 online, with all the problems this game has online I decided not to go to the plat as it could take decades.

I was looking at MSA online requirements you can actually rank up playing single player season events. There is a few free DLC events bundles on the store might be worth going that route and the weekly events.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 46 (346 Views)
Level 10

Still takes a while, but yeah - the DLC events are a great boost.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 46 (339 Views)
Level 10

mont348 escribió:

TalllPaul wrote:
I wanted to plat MSA, got 62% of trophies then realised I need to get to rank 40 online, with all the problems this game has online I decided not to go to the plat as it could take decades.

I was looking at MSA online requirements you can actually rank up playing single player season events. There is a few free DLC events bundles on the store might be worth going that route and the weekly events.

ORLY!!! 

*runs to PS Store*

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 46 (335 Views)
Level 10

^ LOL, bear in mind though that you can't farm XP offline. You still need to do an awful lot of online grinding, but the offline DLC challenges do give you a healthy one time boost.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 46 (318 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

ORLY

*mehs and sighs*
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 46 (310 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I agree too. They should be there, but in old games, which nobody plays anymore, it basically just stops you from getting the Platinum.
Formerly realsince1999.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 46 (240 Views)
Level 3

I agree with alot of what's been said to if I got the game in the newer cycle, like within 3 months of release then I'll hammer the online, I did it with Dead Island and with the game in "Online" mode it seems to create all kinds of glitches, but with patience eventually I got the online trophies and then concentrated on the single player stuff offline. 

But I have games such as Bioshock 2 which I can barely get to match on the best of days due to skys lousy compatability with online gaming, and Tiger Woods 11 which I no longer have the patience for but surely it wouldn't be too hard that when a developer knows they are shutting the servers down on game x for them to write a pre shut down patch that either eliminates the online trophies you havent got or gives you them by some kind of default, with this in place people are more inclined to re-purchase or even pyurchase older games, or at least the console perfectionists would be. 

Also Dead Space 2 is hard enough to plat as it the Hardcore run is a complete nightmare all of its own to have added online would just have been brutal, alas i fully expect 3 to have online elements.

Nothing worse than climbing the ladder of success only to realise its against the wrong wall.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 46 (229 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

gothicsyn wrote:

...when a developer knows they are shutting the servers down on game x for them to write a pre shut down patch that either eliminates the online trophies you havent got or gives you them by some kind of default...

Publishers won't be willing to stump up the £20k or so it costs to release a patch when the are end-of-service-lifing a game...

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 46 (225 Views)
Level 4

It costs 20k for a patch?! Never knew that :smileysurprised:
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 46 (217 Views)
Level 3

DJSlime wrote:

If a game servers are taken offline, then the game should be patched to add the trophies to your collection, it's just unfair otherwise.

And how would that make it fair to those that have earned their trophies by playing online??

Using the above argument, why not even go further and say that if you do not own a PlayStation Move controller, all PlayStation Move games should have a patch that would add these trophies.

I suppose the issue comes down to how people view the importance of their trophies - the more platinums the better; or the higher your trophy level the better.

Looking at the 'bigger picture': whilst someone is grinding their way to Level 50 online, you could be playing several other games in the meantime and getting your overall trophy level higher...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 46 (202 Views)
0 Kudos