Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Should online trophies be scrapped?

It's difficult isn't it because sometimes I don't have time to play online so much but other times it encourages me to play the online when I would probably be missing out on some really cool modes otherwise. 

The boosters are annoying though and levelling up / reaching the top level trophies does encourage boosters but they only do it for the trophies not to enjoy the game, I find this really weird. It's almost like an obsession to some people. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 112 (929 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

MissSouthampton wrote:

It's difficult isn't it because sometimes I don't have time to play online so much but other times it encourages me to play the online when I would probably be missing out on some really cool modes otherwise. 

The boosters are annoying though and levelling up / reaching the top level trophies does encourage boosters but they only do it for the trophies not to enjoy the game, I find this really weird. It's almost like an obsession to some people. 

This and people playing easy games and games they don't even like just for the trophies :smileyindifferent:

Ok I'll let the easy ones pass :smileytongue:

But to me, trophies are a seal of enjoyment. I enjoyed that game so much I went back and got all the trophies that my skill level would allow :smileywink:

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 112 (925 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

I really like games that have only offline trophies yet have an online component (like Dead Space 2). I would definitely be in favour of mandatory offline only trophy requirements. Not everyone has internet, or a connection to sustain multiplayer games...

Message 13 of 112 (921 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I’m kind of on the fence with this one, yeah I have stated before that I hate playing online for trophies ala dead Rising 2 when I needed one event for the platinum and it took me days to eventually win said event, it’s the grinding out that annoys me the most.

It gets past the enjoyment stage when you have to grind it out. But in the same sentence it was awesome seeing the Plat eventually pop.

It was the same for Bioshock 2 I enjoyed the main game immensely and could easily play it again now even though I have Platinum’d it, but it got past the stage of enjoying the online experience as it was taking an eternity to level up that I just wanted to get the Plat done so I boosted it.

It’s not an obsessive thing with me but if I have done all the main game stuff then why not try and achieve the Platinum even if it requires online play, but as I state if I have to grind it out for days or weeks I would rather boost as I would not want to spend all my time on one game.

I think if people want to play multiplayer online that they will regardless of the trophy’s as said with Modern Warfare and Borderlands.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 112 (904 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Yes! @Ytevo. If I had more time and less of a life (if possible) I would attempt to 100% everything. Just for my own personal benefit. No matter how crappy the game is but I probably would find this impossible. I don't have the committment for AMY so maybe I am losing it ha ha ha! :smileyvery-happy:

Ya know what I really enjoyed Bioshock 2 online and did it within about 24 hours but if you didn't I guess it would be a right slog. 

Message 15 of 112 (888 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

MissSouthampton wrote:

Yes! @Ytevo. If I had more time and less of a life (if possible) I would attempt to 100% everything. Just for my own personal benefit. No matter how crappy the game is but I probably would find this impossible. I don't have the committment for AMY so maybe I am losing it ha ha ha! :smileyvery-happy:

Ya know what I really enjoyed Bioshock 2 online and did it within about 24 hours but if you didn't I guess it would be a right slog. 

I used to hate online trophies  but I don't worry so much about them now.  For example if you were to check my trophies you would see that on Far Cry 2 & Killzone 2 I have achieved all of the single player trophies.  Online I haven't touched & I'm completely comfortable leaving it that way.  I just think that if anyone has a gander they can easily figure that I'm not a keen online gamer so it's nice that it says something about me.

A few I did enjoy getting the platinum for was Resistance 2, Wipeout and as mentioned in the quote above Bioshock 2.  However the R2 10,000 kills trophy was too much really and was beyond sensible.  Wipeouts bling brigade had nothing to do with skill & was nigh on impossible to achieve without help from this forum.

As mentioned by MissSouthampton Bioshock 2 had a great online mode.  No silly trophies, required just about the right amount of time to reach the required levels (probably around 20hrs) & had many options on how to go about doing this.  It wasn't all combat related so it's achievable for all.

Message 16 of 112 (868 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Maybe they could release a patch before they turn the servers off that would, delete or disable the need for the online trophies? Making game plats possible even without the obsolete online trophies?

Nothing worse than climbing the ladder of success only to realise its against the wrong wall.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 112 (844 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I personally hate online Trophies (and Achievements) I bought MAG the other day and even though I'm reasonably good with a gun, I'm still at 0% trophies :smileytongue: 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 112 (804 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

online ones are generally the hardest, but i reckon they should stay, there's loads of games with only offline trophies!!!

batchef Trophy Card
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 112 (775 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I hate online trophys. I say scrap them.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 112 (766 Views)
0 Kudos