30 Mar 2011
Playstation Staff

Trophies Disappeared???

[ Edited ]
14 Replies 681 Views edited 30-03-2011

Dunno whats happened but my trophies for God of War have disappeared :smileyindifferent:

I got the Platinum way back in 2009, well i decided to start a new game today and i copied my saved data over which i had backed-up previously.

While i was playing i actually earned a trophy lol which is weird because i already had the trophy in the first place, so i carried on to the next save point then quit the game and synced my trophies, so God of War is at the top of the trophy list with 100% next to it, however when i click it is says "there are no trophies for this game" and the list is empty, but its strange because when i look at the Information for God of War trophies it says 100% and 36/36 trophies.

So it seems that i still have the trophies, its just the trophy images which are not showing for some reason.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before?

I should also say that since i got Platinum i have bought a new PS3, not sure if that would matter though.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15 (681 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Trophies Disappeared???

That is odd. I was going to ask if there was a change of console. I wonder if the trophy data images is somehow linked to the game save. It'll be the first I've heard of it. I would have suggested popping the disc in but you've already done that as well!
GD Trophy Hoarders Sig
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15 (666 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

What you need to do....

1 - Boot the game up

2 - Get to the main menu of the game

3 - Press PS button to enter XMB

4 - Go to your Player Card (Must be signed into PSN)

5 -Press the X Button (This Syncs trophies ingame)

Now trophies should not pop up if you already have earned them. Also the trophies you have earned should all show.

Let me know if that fixes it as it worked for me for other games with my replacement PS3s. If it didn't work, it may be an issue exclusivley for God of War.

Let me know what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15 (658 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm pretty sure I tried that but ill try it later anyway, i will let you know what happens, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15 (646 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Ok so I tried doing what you said BeanPole but no luck, it still says the same thing "there are no trophies" I even tried deleting the save data then start the game up again but still the same, this is really bugging me now lol, should I ring Sony about it or any more ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15 (633 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Yes this is very odd, i have often started new games and my trophy's never reset, I think you might need to contact PSN and find out a fix

320 GB Slim, 42" Panasonic 3D Full HD Plasma
Come join me and others in a community with almost 2000 people
MGL
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15 (624 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

I've had this happen before but the trophies would usually show up after syncing as normal, definitely seems odd that they'd be gone altogether.
---------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15 (618 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

This has happened to before with another game but it would show them after I synced them, it is very odd that its not showing them at all now, but like I said before when I look at the information for god of war it says 100% with the little platinum logo next to it, and 36/36 trophies. Also when I compare trophies with someone the trophy images show then lol I just don't get it. I should also say I imported this copy from the us but that shouldn't really matter since I earned the trophies anyway.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15 (608 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm actually thinking of deleting my account from my PS3, because this deletes all trophy information, then put my account back on and re-sync my trophies, I'm guessing this would sort it out, even though it is a bit of a mess about, its the only thing I can think of though.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15 (599 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

i was going to say make a new profile, then click sign up to playstaton network, then click use existing account and see how that helps, back up saves btw

320 GB Slim, 42" Panasonic 3D Full HD Plasma
Come join me and others in a community with almost 2000 people
MGL
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15 (595 Views)
0 Kudos