RYNO123

96%
03 Rank
Progress

What's your RYNOC?

1,259 Replies 10,800 Views Created 15-04-2009
15 Apr 2009
By RYNO123

As suggested by Chuk_Chuk, I have made a thread about the RYNOC Scale. You can see the origin of RYNOC from the GD Trophy Hoarders thread by clicking on these links:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=62&thread.id=1255328&page=2...

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=62&thread.id=1255328&page=2...

Hey guys, just had a burst of mathematical genius. I'll call it the "RYNO Coefficient" or RYNOC for short (brings back memories of Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon :smileyhappy:)

Your RYNOC is basically the average number of points you gain per trophy you collect, which is shown as a positive number between 15.0 and 97.5, to one decimal place, where 15.0 is nothing but Bronze in your collectio, and 97.5 is where nothing but the Terminator Salvation Trophy List is in your collection. :smileytongue: The RYNOC scale can be used to measure the how impressive the collection of Gold and Platinum Trophies is in comparison to how many Trophies there are in total.

Total Points = 15b + 30s + 90g + 180p

where b = Total Bronze Trophies, s = Total Silver Trophies, g = Total Gold Trophies, p = Total Platinum Trophies

RYNOC = Total Points ÷ Total Number of Trophies

For example, mine is currently:

12,240 ÷ 481 = 25.5 (1 d.p)

Here's an idea of scale:

15.0 - Purely Bronze Trophies

17.5 - Fairly Impressive

20.0 - Impressive

25.0 - Very Impressive

30.0 - Extremely Impressive (unless of course your collection is entirely Silver :smileytongue:)

35.0 - Amazingly Impressive

40.0 - Astonishingly Impressive

97.5 - The only twelve Trophies in your collection are the Terminator Salvation Trophies :smileytongue:

It tends only to show anything meaningful for collections in excess of 50 Trophies, mind.

What's your RYNOC? :smileyhappy:

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

ratchet34321

• Award Winner
99%
10 Rank
Progress
ratchet34321
Accepted Solution

Renegade1985 wrote:
As Stu rightly pointed out, perhaps I should be removed since it is approaching half a year since I have played the PS3 :(

PC gaming :(

Re: What's your RYNOC?

Photobucket

"You can't take the sky from me"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Renegade1985

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Renegade1985
Accepted Solution

ratchet34321 wrote:

Renegade1985 wrote:
As Stu rightly pointed out, perhaps I should be removed since it is approaching half a year since I have played the PS3 :(

PC gaming :(

Nope, work and the fact I think my flatmate would break the PS3 :(

RenTrophySig.png

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Kermit1970

• Award Winner
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DiamondRabbit

99%
04 Rank
Progress
DiamondRabbit
Accepted Solution

I've actually been put off buying the walking dead because of this. Might go back and see if I can grab the platinum in resistance 2 and skyrim to bump up my score 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

acridweasel

• Beta Tester
94%
04 Rank
Progress
acridweasel
Accepted Solution

New RYNOC after Platting LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7: 22.679

Interestingly, the first LEGO HP game had only 37 trophies to the second's 50, but the RYNOC was miles better.

1-4 is worth 32.432 and 5-7 is worth 24.300, quite a big difference. All those bronzes...

Ah well, it's pushed me over Level 20 now which means I get..... oh, nothing. :)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ZephyLord

84%
02 Rank
Progress
ZephyLord
Accepted Solution

Seems I'm still "safe" on the chart. Damn Diablo 3 eating all my time, gotta get back consoles soonish... Keep it up guys! :)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

The-Sea-Trout

88%
02 Rank
Progress
The-Sea-Trout
Accepted Solution

If I have done it correctly my RYNOC is 18.5

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

Kermit1970

• Award Winner
100%
16 Rank
Progress
Kermit1970
Accepted Solution
18.532, almost right troutpout

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gothicsyn

82%
05 Rank
Progress
gothicsyn
Accepted Solution

Ugh mine has climbed back up again but the impossible run of DeaD Space went horrifically wrong and I had to restart, but we're under control now :D Rynoc is 

22.030 not far off my current all time best :D which was 22.044 :D Dead Space should push it up quite nicely, only for UC3 and Red Dead to drag it down again lol

Nothing worse than climbing the ladder of success only to realise its against the wrong wall.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

andyrome64

96%
03 Rank
Progress
andyrome64
Accepted Solution

Oh dear... I got my Jak 2 platinum last night. It was the most unnerving and frustrating platinum ever... and what's the result on my RYNOC? I went from 27.000 to 27.009

:xCry:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

gothicsyn wrote:

Ugh mine has climbed back up again but the impossible run of DeaD Space went horrifically wrong and I had to restart, but we're under control now :D Rynoc is 

22.030 not far off my current all time best :D which was 22.044 :D Dead Space should push it up quite nicely, only for UC3 and Red Dead to drag it down again lol

Dammit. I was counting on UC3 platty to get ahead of you :smileytongue: Looks like I might have to break out some old games.

A mended<

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gothicsyn

82%
05 Rank
Progress
gothicsyn
Accepted Solution

AAAAAAAARRGH wrote:

gothicsyn wrote:

Dammit. I was counting on UC3 platty to get ahead of you :smileytongue: Looks like I might have to break out some old games.

Well you may even with DS plat it'll only take me to about 22.207 lol but I have to actually finish Impossible mode and believe me Uncharted will pull me down cos I gotta do survive crushing mode lol

Nothing worse than climbing the ladder of success only to realise its against the wrong wall.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

acridweasel

• Beta Tester
94%
04 Rank
Progress
acridweasel
Accepted Solution

Mine has taken a battering of late and is currently on 22.635.

Getting close to 3500 trophies and level 20, which is nice I suppose. :)

And in case you hadn't realised, The Walking Dead game has a really easy Platinum as it is just completing the chapters. Will take ages though, as each chapter is released monthly, but it's a guaranteed Plat by the end of the summer.

Good game too, if you like all that guff (which I do).

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gothicsyn

82%
05 Rank
Progress
gothicsyn
Accepted Solution

And there goes my Dead Space plat climbing me to 22.207 :-D thank god that's over lol

Sorry @AAAAAAAARRGH hope yer plat closes the gap on me now lol

Have I ever managed to post without having to edit it yet lol!

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

Well done on the Dead Space plat. :smileyhappy: I remember the end of chapter 6 on impossible mode, after the fight with the huge boss thing in foodstore, I had 1% health, no armour, ammo, or kinesis. Had to trek back to the beginning of the level to the store for resupplies all the while hoping no necromorphs would appear. 'Twas quite nervy!

I also squealed like a girl the first time those baby things jumped on my face :Blush:

A mended<

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CJ101

92%
06 Rank
Progress
CJ101
Accepted Solution

Hello all.

Here's mine after getting the ME2 platinum 24.718.

I have just started Demons Souls which I'm loving but because I don't believe in using guides until after my first run I've yet to see if I will be able to achieve the platinum.  Fingers crossed.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Aluminikus

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Aluminikus
Accepted Solution

New RYNOC 27.677

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

gothicsyn

82%
05 Rank
Progress
gothicsyn
Accepted Solution

Hmmm Uncharted 3 did less damage than I first suspected :-) Well then it could be due to the nice shiny new UC3 plat I earned myself lol anyways bragging aside Platinum number 9 (no where near as good as most of you guys) but still and achievement that pushes my RYNOC currently to a grand

Quite and upside also chasing the Uncharted 1 Plat as well so hopefully up further still with any luck.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

AAAAAAAARRGH

• Beta Tester
98%
08 Rank
Progress
AAAAAAAARRGH
Accepted Solution

Platty number 6 this evening on Uncharted 3. Only took 7 hours to mop up the last few trophies. :smileytongue:

My new RYNOC is 22.114 :smileyvery-happy: Not enough to beat Gothicsyn is it. Doh.

Uncharted Triple Platty Club. *hip thrust*

A mended<

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

ratchet34321

• Award Winner
99%
10 Rank
Progress
ratchet34321
Accepted Solution
Nice one ARGH ... so the mop is the new trophy ***** weapon against non-100% huh ? :P

Triple platty wooop.

My RYNCO is 25.461 after some sly cooper hoarding, although judging my the second game, the third game may be tedious :S

@CJ101 You're doomed :P

Photobucket

"You can't take the sky from me"

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CJ101

92%
06 Rank
Progress
CJ101
Accepted Solution

ratchet34321 wrote:
Nice one ARGH ... so the mop is the new trophy ***** weapon against non-100% huh ? :P

Triple platty wooop.

My RYNCO is 25.461 after some sly cooper hoarding, although judging my the second game, the third game may be tedious :S

@CJ101 You're doomed :P

24.668......... Pffft!

Sly Cooper Trilogy Vs Demons Souls.  That's all I'm sayin :smileytongue:  In your words Ratchet, I purchased another insane game the other week that I'll probably never plat.  Looks like my kinda thing though so I'm happy :smileyhappy:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel