95%
10 Rank
Progress

[Farpoint] The alternative storyline

7 Replies 527 Views Created 10-05-2017
10 May 2017
By Envisager
  Mission Control to space explorers! 

As some of you might know, Farpoint is about to hit the shelves in just a few days. Redefining shooters to come, this new PS VR title will challenge your survival skills in an alien, unknown and dangerous world - in the most immersive way there is. Just before we embark on this adventure, we’d like to invite you along for a more traditional, narrative-based experience!

What’s it all about?

We’ll leave you with a starting point, you build an alternate survival story!

How can I participate?

Keep the story going in the most immersive, detailed way possible – but stick to a few rules:

• The story must follow the premise and ambiance of Farpoint – surviving an alien world, complete with a dangerous living threat and awesome weapons!
  • Details, details, details: we want to uncover your literary talents!
  • Each entry in the story must reach a minimum of 4 lines and a maximum of 20.
  • You cannot post two subsequent replies, after you add your narrative to our story someone else must keep it going.
  • If two people reply to the same entry, the next participant must choose which one to follow.
  • The story must come to a close on the 25th entry.

Got it? Here’s where you start off….

Having found yourself stranded on an uncharted extra-terrestrial world with only standard issue equipment to keep you alive, you’ll need to set off in search of a crashed space station – The Pilgrim ­– and its survivors, to find a way back home.

Master an arsenal of primary and secondary weapons as you freely explore your surroundings, uncovering secrets of the strange Anomaly which marooned you.

Your head feels heavy. Not because of your protective helmet but from what felt like the sky falling on your head. You check your vitals. Oxygen levels are good. You feel lucky. Once you get your bearings, you check for your crewmates. They seem to be in the same position as you are, recovering and wondering what in space just happened. Dr Moon places his hand on your chair while trying to get up and tries to shake it off. “What just happened” you ask, “What was that?”. He grunts and responds “Not sure” while helping Eva Tyson get up. “We need to try and make contact with Earth” she mumbles. The equipment around you look like they’re working. But are they?

We'll leave you with the story trailer for some inspiration, good luck & remember - survivors keep moving!

LABELS: PlayStation VR
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

furryhawk

• Award Winner
100%
16 Rank
Progress
furryhawk
Accepted Solution

Dr Moon heads towards the exit, "what's with Dr moon? What if he's walking to his doom?" 

"Dr Moon, Dr Moon! " Eva shouts. 

As he turns, he sees a object shining very brightly in the large blanket sky... 

"I wonder where all those bubbles are coming from?" says Dr Moon. 

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

furryhawk

• Award Winner
100%
16 Rank
Progress
furryhawk
furryhawk
Accepted Solution

@utio

Turn it from button moon to star wars. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

utio

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
utio
furryhawk
Accepted Solution

Randy Squizzel woke suddenly. Button moon? What a strange dream he thought to himself.

Then he noticed blood on his arm, and slowly remembered where he was and what happened. Looking back on the smoking wreck of his YT 1300 freighter he wondered why the shields went down so quick. Maybe it was a new weapon the rebels had made? Whatever it was, those b-wings made short work of his ship.

Where were they now, and where was his trusty Ewok co pilot/inny outty buddy, Topper?

In the distance he could see smoke. Time to move he thought. Getting up, he grabbed his carbine rifle and started to walk, but tripped on something. What the?? Shining his torch he looked at what it was that caused his stumble. Zoot alaw! It was Toppers charred remains.

Oh well, off to find what that smoke is...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

AXtj

• MVP
99%
10 Rank
Progress
AXtj
utio
Accepted Solution

I'm attempting to carry this on, but I just can't lmao! I don't even know where to begin. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

utio

• Beta Tester
100%
16 Rank
Progress
utio
AXtj
Accepted Solution

Do the OPC proud young man!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

AXtj

• MVP
99%
10 Rank
Progress
AXtj
Accepted Solution

Alas, with my trusty rifle in hand I rush towards to smoke, hoping for some respite after what seems like one hell of a start.

I'm gaining on the smoke when out of nowhere, a huge creature dives right into my view!!!!!

I freeze.......... I don't move an inch, hoping...... that this creature doesn't spot me!!!

Why I think that I don't know, it has 8 god damn eyes, pinned right on the front of it's huge body!!!!!

(WOOOOSHHHHHHH) 

The creature jumps towards me............... ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!! 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

redacted4444

92%
02 Rank
Progress
redacted4444
Accepted Solution

The creature pins me to the ground, my rifle falling just out of reach to my right. As it tries to gnash at my face with its large fangs i hold it back and reach desperately for my gun. Finally securing my grip on it i empty a clip of bullets into the monster. I throw it to the ground, dead and get up to take a breath. Still traumatised from my near death experience, im not sure what to think. 'Oh yes, the smoke.' I begin to walk in the direction of the smoke. Trusty rifle at the ready to gun down anything that comes my way.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel