on 02-02-2010 10:05 PM
on 03-02-2010 03:21 PM
on 07-02-2010 11:51 AM
I found you can indeed add a window of time at teh start and end of recordings but you need to edit the scheduled recording. I don't think there is a way to set this as a global preference which would be nice.
Another feature would be is you could access the recording schedule via any webbrowser in the same way you can via remote play from psp.
e.g. Forget to record something login into playstation network via playstation.com and get access to a web 2.0 view of your playstaion programme schedule so you can set new recordings from anywhere in the world.
I found streaming to PSP outside my home network was not that great but being able to set new recordings was useful however my PSP is rarely with me and needs a wifi access point. Where as my mobile phone is always with me and has 3G internet.
on 18-02-2010 06:48 PM
My wish-list is more about fixing the existing functionality - with just a little tweaking PlayTV could be much less clunky:
- Autostart - a setting to load automatically when PS3 turned on
- Faster loading - 25 seconds is OK, but it can always be faster...
- Fix the black border - either my 1080p bravia is up-scaling freeview to fill the screen, or PlayTV is downscaling, but the PlayTV picture is definitely smaller (watch the network logo move between regular and PlayTV). A setting to scale output between 100% and 105% should do the trick.
- Picture in picture - bring on the dual tuner action!
- BD remote volume control - remove the need to keep the TV remote on-hand.
- Setting to turn off the menu click noise
- Customise the order of the favourite channels
- Setting to hide the info-bar while using the guide to see more channels at once
- Setting for ‘compact’ guide view (smaller font or less padding) to show more channels at once
- Pressing X in the guide should watch the program right away - other options should be under a different button (ie: ‘remove from favourites’ is NOT a regularly used option)
- Early and late recording adjustments should be 5, 10 or 15 minutes (who sets a recording only 1 minute early?)
- Some programs in the guide say ‘no info’, but when you watch them the info-bar displays the correct info anyway - needs fixing
- Setting to loop to the top/bottom when the last/first channel is reached. Goes for the guide and regular channel changing.
- Record two channels at once - it means you’d be stuck on one of those channels (being a dual tuner), but that's when you pick up the TV remote to watch the third.
- When using the BD remote to play/prev/next we don't need the onscreen remote to appear (a full list of prev/prev/next icons) - just a subtle icon in the corner will do!
- Setting to remove the secondary ‘reminder’ bar that appears when the onscreen remote or info-bar fades away
- Setting to adjust the time the info-bar stays onscreen
- Fix menus that don't allow you to Circle cancel out of them (ie: when returning to live TV)
- Fix menus that ONLY let you Circle cancel out of them (ie: subtitle settings) that then ask you OK or Cancel anyway.
- ‘Circle switches to the last channel’ should be removed - trying to quickly Circle exit any on-screen menu often causes unwanted channel changing
- Should appear over the picture instead replacing it - basically the TV should always be on.
- Half of the options on the rotating menu (Manual, Update, Guide) are redundant or useless and should be removed.
- Remove freeview compliance, put back 120x scan, and put back 1 minute skip. Users are already circumventing the ‘compliance’ (by changing location settings) and now instead of skipping ads they’re skipping entire channels.
on 20-02-2010 04:38 AM
NOTE: The bravia's (and probably other TV's) DO upscale by default (Settings > Screen > Display Area > Normal). Set this option to 'Full Pixel' and the TV will still show a fullscreen picture, while PlayTV continues to show a black border. PlayTV's rotating menu displays fullscreen mind you - its just the programs that are bordered.
So my request for a 'video output scaling option' still stands.
on 29-12-2010 12:55 AM
PlayTV owner for less than 24 hours and there's two things I'm missing from using my HD recorder...
* 30 second jump button (I used this to flick through the ads quickly) so with the Blu Ray remote, just tapping it would jump ahead 30 seconds. I can't seem to find anything like this on PlayTV with the remote
* Playback at 1.3x speed...great way to get through programs quicker and at 1.3x speed the audio is still legible
Congratulations to Keybladehunter94 for taking out our inaugural Forum All Stars Competition.
These new guides are now available on You Tube.
Learn how to get through an Apocalypse with this upcoming title that is sure to test your survival instinct.
Looking for your local PlayStation Community?
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe