16 Dec 2011
Playstation Staff

1.1.1 is MUCH better!

[ Edited ]
9 Replies 357 Views edited 16-12-2011

Loving the new update:

Durring today's maintenance we've also reset all player Stats, SkillScore and Level. This will need to be done from time to time during the course of the Private BETA. We know it is never a good feeling to have your level re-set but it's an important part of the Private BETA process, so thank you all for your patience and understanding!

Today's 1.1.1 update for the Starhawk Private BETA was deployed during the regular server maintenance at 2pm Central and contained the following changes:

• New hybrid Organic/Canned missile scrub system.
  • Prepped engine for Classic Arcade Flight (currently disabled).
  • New per-weapon reticules for Troop, Hawk & Razorback.
  • Fixed voice drop-outs between games.
  • Added Team Deathmatch Gameplay mode.
  • Added control panel to Supply Bunker.
  • Friend's games can now be joined via Uplink.
  • Added LAG Switch protection.
  • Fixed numerous bugs and crashes.
  • Fixed bug that was resetting player level when quitting a game.
  • Fixed JetPack CTF flight exploit.
  • Fixed Announcement sorting.
  • Fixed server-list scrolling bug.
  • Fixed crash related to Air Mines.
  • Added XMB display of Starhawk Game Status.
  • Added functionality to send friends XMB messages from the Uplink.
  • Fixed bug preventing Drop Pods from destroying Auto-Turrets on impact
  • Added matchmaker now supports both CTF and TDM
  • Integrated better protections for trying to join full games
  • Fixed Missing Razorback 4x4 particle FX in Space Map
  • Added load-bar display when BETA updates are being downloaded.
  • Increased news ticker scroll speed in the Uplink
  • Fix bug related to PSN icons not rendering properly in the Uplink

New Hybrid Missile Scrub:
Due to player feedback we have we have now developed new system for scrubing missiles in Starhawk. The goal of this system is to support *BOTH* the organic, free-from maneuvers from Warhawk and the easier "canned" dodges that were included in our first release of the Starhawk Private BETA. We are excited about this new system and we strongly feel that it will give players an accessible yet deep system that supports both newbie and hardcore players. Please know that this new system included with the 1.1.1 Update does not represent "final" tuning -- we are planning to release several updates next week to tune the new missile scrub system so please give us feedback!

Just 2 suggestions

*pleeeease give us centre dots on ALL ground weapon rectiles.

*The ability to have warhawk like manueverabilty over our hawks, or dodging while be useless.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (357 Views)

Playstation Staff

Re: 1.1.1 is MUCH better!

Will they release the organic mode soon or what i acnt wait brimmin with excitement :Stupid:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (351 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I'm loving the rifle now, but they overdid it a bit with the beam turrets. The visual and sound cues for missile scrubbing are cool, the new weapon reticles are great and now i actually can take notice of what's happening with our flag, although i'm missing an audio cue, like Warhawk had. In Starhawk, if you don't pay attention to the text from that moment they get the flag, it's easy to just notice it when they score.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (312 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

What an awesome update.

Haven't checked it out yet but i will very soon.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (303 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The hawks are so much more fun now that dodging missles is actually possible and fun.

Seriously nice update, I'm having much more fun already. Only thing I would object to is the beam turrets. They seriously made them into the most overpowered thing I have ever seen haha.

Just then, in a TDM, I took down 4 pilots with one beam turret and then didn't even get me to half health..... Way too overpowered lol.

Superstar655's Signature
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (298 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Great patch! Dodging is more natural, and the reticles are perfect, now my brain knows what I'm shooting with!

Still think some improvements are needed thought: The damage needs tweaking. A ground troop in WH spawned with 2 grenades and a pistol, In SH it's a Rifle and 3 nades, the mechs need to take less damage from ground troops. Not to mention the mechs are less agile, and the troops have turrets and other goodies to help them out.

The dogfigting feels kind of drawn out, because the swarms are weaker. 
I think bringing back double tap to boost would also be nice. 

Razorrbacks remover kill is too powerful. You can't nade them, they're quicker,  they're wider(or maybe that's lag) And I was just remover by a jeep while in a mech, I don't even know how that's possible. lol

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I think they are heading it right direction as long as they fine tune hawks more and balance the beam turrent

IMO the beam turrent should be a bit overpowered in the vehicle killing sense, Since in warhawk i can remember just about every game the winner was determined by who owned the skies first, ya i hated that it made the game boring but now to counter sky dominance these beam turrents exist.  Though I think its a bit much how they auto target troops, IMO

Let me give you a scenario of why i think beam turrents should be a bit OP to vehicles, I was playing this one game (4v4) we were going to hit the other base (which had like 4 beam turrents) so i went across ground and 2 teammates were in hawks i went to the base and RPG'd the heck out of the BT's and after i did my team was able to land and start defending me with hawks while i got flag.

So in conclusion if beam turrents could be allowed to have the advantage over vehicles (mainly hawks) but not auto target ground troops so they can go in and destroy them on foot, i think it would create a nice balance. It would be similar to the strategy of taking out energy feilds. The main thing is to not let hawks become the main weapon of the game this isn't an arcade version of ace combat and i think the people making this game would agree.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (272 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

turrent? the turrets are ridiculous now lol, full health to dead in a second. love the reticules and the new warning system. maybe im a noob but i was trying the old warhawk proflight wiggle and it didnt seem to shake anything am i missing something?. i have only tried for about 15 mins will test it properly later. i am really interested to see what they have done with uber spin flight.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (259 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Ya the BT's are a bit too OP the damage they do as one should be the damage amount they do as if there were 4
On a side note i hope they up the hawk scatter missile damage it is pathetic how weak it is against buildings compared to the troop RPG...unless there is some main hawk weapon that works against buildings well that we just haven't seen yet (which im assuming is the case)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (254 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I always thought the Beam Turrets were far too weak before the update. You should have a healthy respect for them in all cases.

For the amount they cost they should very much so be able to pack a proper punch.

Only thing I would suggest is to not allow them to auto target troops. Unless flying with a jetpack of course.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (200 Views)
0 Kudos