18 Mar 2012
Playstation Staff

Bigger is NOT better!

6 Replies 301 Views Created 18-03-2012

I just played on the newest map available with the beta (the one with up to 32 players) and i thought it was no fun whatsoever :smileysad:
Beforehand I'd played on the space and (pipe level?) quite alot and managed to reach level 10. I loved the design of these levels and managed to become a decent player, getting around 25-30 kills per game on average.
But as soon as the Dust map came out, i dunno... the whole perception of the game has changed for me. It's almost like a machine armageddon game now rather than an FPS. I was actually thinking of shelling out £40+ for this game on its release, but no longer!
Moan over... i just want to know what you think of the new map? Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Bigger is NOT better!

I take it you never played Warhawk then?

The bigger maps (most of the time) were brilliant !!! The problem with the game at the moment is the lack on incentive to go into the middle of the map. Everything is centered around the two bases or air combat.

If Capturable bases are put back into the game then this will change greatly.

But yes I do get where you are coming from.

Shika1983
Message 2 of 7 (292 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Since the addition of Dust i've liked the game even better!!!!

Its large playing area suites my cowardly style of play for sneaking round the rocks with a sniper rifle.....

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (284 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

i agree with the dk guy but this not a fps  the reason i played warhawk is because i hate fps games gun hooo tacttics best perks wins no skill wat so ever i hope the zonez will fik this game style we seeing at the moment  it doesnt matter how quick u level up if you play the game the right way all the time you get to were you need to be they reset the stats about 5 times since ive been playing just play forget numbers have fun!

try rank up fast in warhawk haaaa good luck now thats a ranking system simple 1 point kills and your wonderfull badge over your head LBI wat have you done that was so cool!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (271 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I love the massive scale of multiplayer. I am a MMORPG gamer and fan of MAG.
So I love it. The problem is, on the beta, the 30player maps keep disconnecting before I can join the gameplay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (200 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I always played 32 player games on Warhawk but at the moment, I'm enjoying the 16-player games more on Starhawk. This is mainly due to the B&B limit which, if you're playing on 'Blitz', gets used up quickly. That makes creating solid forward bases difficult and, as a result, it means a stupid number of players spawning in the homebase and (even worse) staying there.

WE NEED PERMANANT CAPTURE POINTS - PLEASE!!!

This is what made Warhawk such an epic game, it meant that battles were fought all over the map. In fact, it usually meant that the homebases were the quietest areas! I'm sure Zones will go some way to help but if I had one recommendation it wouldn't even be about the build limit, it would be for these captureable areas.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

This is why I would like a 48 point cap on 32 maps
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (187 Views)
0 Kudos