28 Dec 2011
By: ShadowFlareX Member 69 Posts
Level 3

Has Starhawk Affected My PS3? Error Code - 8003051E

[ Edited ]
18 Replies 699 Views edited 28-12-2011
I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I suspect the amount of times starhawk has crashed my ps3 and then have had to "restore corrupt files" has eventually taken it's toll on my ps3 and affected it with error code 8003051E

In short, about 4 days ago, everytime I turn my ps3 on, I have to wait for 3 minutes as the xmb loads up. The yellow hdd light is continuously on for this period and the ps3 is frozen as it tries to load up it's thing. After 3 minutes, it unfreezes and then I can continue. My controller also doesn't connect wirelessly now. It can turn the ps3 on but then it flashes. So I have to wire it up, and then it connects.

So today I tried freeing up some space to see if it would help. I first tried clearing up my friends list. I then found that the bottom 6 people in the list never had their info loaded. It would never load. I turned my ps3 off and on again and those people still didn't load. So I now have accidentally deleted them off my list thinking they haven't been on for months when probably it's been hours.

I then tried to delete some videos. I can't. I can't delete any videos. Error code 8003051E. In fact I can't delete anything. Not music, not even photos. So now I can't even free any space.

So why do i think starhawk has done this? Cos it's essentially all I've been using my ps3 for. And I've had starhawk crash on me in the region of 15 times, and I've had to do the mandatory "restoration of corrupt files" that takes 20 minutes about 8 times after it's crashed. I'm not a programmer, but it's a funny coincidence that all I've been playing is starhawk, it's crashed a lot, and now my ps3 is buggered.

It's also a beta which means things like this can happen. I have no idea how to fix this, however I can still use my ps3 normally. I just have to wait 5 minutes after turning it on and be in the knowledge that I can't delete anything at all.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19 (699 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Has Starhawk Affected My PS3? Error Code - 8003051E

Forgot to add that when I googled error code - 8003051E, it said the code exists due to a previous saving error. The Columbo in me can't help but put that and the crashing together.

I know others have experienced crashes. Would appreciate any feedback on similar problems
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19 (688 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

i have had the system hard drive reset  probably about twenty times over the weeks but fortunately i have not received this error code. only thing i would suggest is deleting the game data but you say you cant delete so im all out of ideas sorry i cant help shadow.

are you on an original chunky ps3 or a slim?

im not surprised you thinking this way as when it does the hardrive check it says that something failed to save to the drive correctly and commences the scan.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19 (685 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Well I only get the code when I try to delete something. I haven't actually tried deleting the game yet... because at the moment the game works and I didn't want to run the risk of not being able to redownload it for some reason. While it works I can live with it. When the beta ends I'll try and delete it.

I have the fat ps3. It's a refurbished model that I've had for about maybe 4 years now. I know it's the old fat model but it's treated me well and it's just a big coincidence it's suddenly messed up after these system crashes.

Something tells me I'll have to buy a new one soon

I know a beta's a beta but it shouldnt break your console for crying out loud
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19 (681 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

This makes me very worried... I'm on an older mashine like yours... Please post up after the end of the BETA if deleting the game file helped the situation in any way. Mine too must have crashed up to 20 times or more in the same way. No other action on my PS3 has ever caused the thing to crash like that. As in, it never crashed at all, up until this game.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19 (656 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Well I actually deleted the game file and it's save file yesterday, and then redownloaded the game, installed it, updated it....and it hasn't made any difference. I still get the error

The more worrying thing is there are now some things that I can't even SAVE. A friend sent me a pic from GT5 in a message an I couldn't even save it. So I don't know what else I can't save. I think however everything game related isn't affected. It only seems to be music videos and photos.

I have a refurbished 60gb UK ps3, the original type that played some ps2 games. I've upgraded it to a 500gb hdd. It's worked perfectly for me for years and it's only since these beta crashes that it's been affected. A crash wouldn't bother me usually but it's the nature of the crash. I have never seen that corruption check message come up before and it's done it too many times for my liking. That seriously needs to be fixed
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19 (652 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Of all the bugs, this one is the most important by far. You should post a link to this thread in the bugs report thread.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19 (649 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Yeah, you're right. I'll post a link
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (641 Views)
Level 1

I only had one crash so far but I don't get to play much. I assumed the Report Error message was something new from one of the system updates. Also have a refurbed 60GB so might wait and see if there's any more info on this. hope your machine's salvageable.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19 (638 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

well we all get the freezes and crashes quite a lot i brought my fat ps3 40gb while my 60gb got fixed of ylod in the end i got an 80gb out of the repairer who couldnt fix it anyway my 40gb system(which has a 320gb hdd in) laser unit has packed in before i got starhawk, but it froze on me on xmas eve and all i have played on it is starhawk and warhawk since i had no disc drive, it has now developed ylod so i am without MY ps3 until the parts i have ordered get to me ! I am beginning to think that it was starhawk and my continious play that has done this :xCry:

Have you tried holding the power button down for the two beeps taking you to a menu instead of powering up, choose the third option, hold it down for about 7 or 8 seconds, the first beep dosent count!! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19 (609 Views)
0 Kudos