25 Jan 2012

Playstation Staff

Instructions?

9 Replies 343 Views Created 25-01-2012

Are there instructions for this game somewhere? This is my first mp FPS I've spent more than 10 minutes with (... yeah, I know) and I want to learn how to play. I see people flying around in mech things and apparently I can build buildings and I just have no idea what is going on. I've played little bits of FPS games before but usually they have dead multiplayer or I didn't own it and didn't want to get too into it without buying first. So I don't really know even the 'basics' behind the gameplay, other than how to move and shoot and stuff (I mean, I've played 1P shooting games before, like Halo and Bionic Commando single player campaigns...)

And is there a way to turn the mic audio off? Some guy keeps yelling obscenities, racial slurs, hate speech, etc. for the entire match and my kid brother is around but I like having the sound on. I know this is common of online games (Well, I've heard. I've only played games where people are pretty civil, but like I said, first FPS...) but I can't find an option to turn the sound off.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (343 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Instructions?

[ Edited ]

This is a good place to start.

http://starhawk.wikia.com/wiki/Intro_To_The_Beta

Search around in there as there are subsections for B&B, vehicles, etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (337 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Amanohashi wrote:

This is my first mp FPS I've spent more than 10 minutes with (... yeah, I know)

I haven't got the heart to point out what's wrong with this... :smileyhappy:

Amanohashi wrote:

And is there a way to turn the mic audio off? Some guy keeps yelling obscenities, racial slurs, hate speech, etc. for the entire match and my kid brother is around but I like having the sound on. I know this is common of online games (Well, I've heard. I've only played games where people are pretty civil, but like I said, first FPS...) but I can't find an option to turn the sound off.

At the end of the round, you can highlight their name and press X to bring up a menu, the top option of which is mute. I'm still new to this myself, so haven't figured out how to get the score screen up mid-round yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (291 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
If you want to mute someone mid round, just press start, go to the score list and click on the person and mute them

Amanohashi, just a few quick basic tips. In starhawk you need to build structures to help you win. To build structures you need to gather enough rift (that's the blue bar at the top right). You can get rift from rift barrels, killing enemies, capturing flags, saving flags or you can slowly gather rift from staying in friendly territories (highlighted green on map) which includes your home base or any pod beacons created. Pod beacons allow you to spawn in the area the pod beacon is built. Press triangle to bring up a structure list and build what you can afford. Appropriate structures equips you to fight/ defend better and get different vehicles.

Also keep in mind that a vehicle dock can spawn multiple vehicles from the same dock. If you have enough rift, go to the orange computer panel on the vehicle dock and press square and a vehicle will emit for you

For other tips just use that wiki site.

I agree some instructions should have come with the beta. I struggled at first too
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (283 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (245 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

MY INSTRUCTIONS IS I PLAYED WARHAWK SO I DONT NEED NONE HAAAAAAA

AND FOR FOK SAKE ITS NOT A FPS ITS A FOKING 3RD PERSON SHOOTER SO PLEASE STOP SAYING THIS FPS CRAPPP YOU SHAMEING MY GAME YOU NUBS DID YOU SEE A GUN STICKING OUT THE SCREEN NOOOOOOO DID YOU SEE ANYTHING THAT LOOK LIKE COD KILLZONE BATTELFIELD ETC NOOOOOOO GOOD LUCK I HOPE I BUMP IN TO UR ASS AND WIPE THAT FPS IDEA OUT YOUR HEAD HAAAAAAA BUT DONT TAKE THIS SERIOUS IM JUST FOKING WITH YOU MATE HAVE FUN BUDDY

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (199 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I FRIKKIN' LOOOOVE CAPS LOCKS!
this is the last time I'll abandon you
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (188 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

TPS - Third Person Shooter

FPS - First Person Shooter

Peace.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

KADAFI316 wrote:

MY INSTRUCTIONS IS I PLAYED WARHAWK SO I DONT NEED NONE HAAAAAAA

AND FOR FOK SAKE ITS NOT A FPS ITS A FOKING 3RD PERSON SHOOTER SO PLEASE STOP SAYING THIS FPS CRAPPP YOU SHAMEING MY GAME YOU NUBS DID YOU SEE A GUN STICKING OUT THE SCREEN NOOOOOOO DID YOU SEE ANYTHING THAT LOOK LIKE COD KILLZONE BATTELFIELD ETC NOOOOOOO GOOD LUCK I HOPE I BUMP IN TO UR ASS AND WIPE THAT FPS IDEA OUT YOUR HEAD HAAAAAAA BUT DONT TAKE THIS SERIOUS IM JUST FOKING WITH YOU MATE HAVE FUN BUDDY

I FOKED A GIRL AND I LIKED IT...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

haaaaaaaa can you give some instructions for that mate haaaaaaaa
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (168 Views)