17 Dec 2011
By odumom
Playstation Staff

Pod beacon spawn spam in other spawn Lol

10 Replies 257 Views Created 17-12-2011

serioulsy just played a game where they spammed drop pods in my base

(it was truely a 1v5 match i had 4 beam turrents...surrounding the pyramid wall near the flag...yet they still managed to get it and escape....ya

Main point...make some imaginary perimeter where the enemy can't spawn pod beacons right next to flag pretty much.

Message 1 of 11 (257 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Pod beacon spawn spam in other spawn Lol

Personally I think that you should be restricted from spawning any structures within the default green/red area. It's literally impossible to fight back if the enemy started spawning things inside of your base such as turrets or as you said, beacons.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (256 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

something tells me that is how zones will play but ya i just think it is messed up how there is no "SAFE ZONE"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (240 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

agreed.  and I don't really like that people can run into my pure green zone and simply drop a Garage right next to my flag.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Sorry folks. I don't agree. That's the whole point of build and battle. Keep it as is. The its fair as we all have the same advantage. Also now since the last update you can crush the enemy turrets with your drop pod.
Message 5 of 11 (212 Views)

Playstation Staff

Keep it as is! Agreein 100% to what Hogazz said, if you start restricting things it's much harder to balance things. Everyone has the same possibilities, so it's fair.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (204 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Yep... Its good as it is.. Maybe they can restrict NO Spawn PODS though? in your home base?

Marsta-J

Message 7 of 11 (190 Views)

Playstation Staff

HA! I was just about to post on this lack of "Safe Zone".

Every good game I can think of has the equivalent. Heck, most sports have goalie creases, offside rules, etc. Getting trapped ruins a game for victors and the losers. It is far too easy to trap and get trapped in this game. Once more players figure out efficient means to trap the other team, it will become the way to play. Then, the game will die.

On a clan server, or private match, trapping is a viable, and fun option. But on a public server, where every player just wants to have fun, trapping is not fun. Boring for victors, frustrating for losers.

This really needs to be addressed, in all game modes. I hope this gets looked into.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (184 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I think it should stay the way it is, as the closer it is to your base the easier it is to destroy. If it is inside your base it should not last more than 30 seconds, and that would be kind of free rift and XP for defenders.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (172 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yeah I'm against dropping in the the base. People say it keeps the match balanced? No it doesnt. It doesn't at all. If the enemy is spawning in your base or close by with all the gear wiping your base out, there isn't much you can do. It's like shooting a fish in a barrel. They can't get away nor can they fight back. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (168 Views)
0 Kudos