27 Mar 2012
By TRO44_1
Playstation Staff

Request: HP Bars

6 Replies 222 Views Created 27-03-2012
When fighting in the air or ground, the animations are too unresponsive to damage. It is hard sometimes, to know if what I am doing Is damaging the target or not. In a game I played, I threw three grandes at enemy player and that player survived, along with a few shots. In another instant, I chased down a player using my assault rifle and shooting the target for 4-5 seconds. They stood there and took it, and jumped into a jeep like it was nothing. This happens a lot. Shooting target players, seem to sometimes not do anything. That's why I prefer HP bars, in order to at least know if what I am doing is damaging the enemy target or not.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (222 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Rif.: Request: HP Bars

[ Edited ]

Two words: hit detection.
Crysis 2 had a very poor hit detection system and what you describe happened all the time: you could shoot 7 shotgun rounds at guy and he could still survive...sadly Starhawk is the same.
Not to mention that the assault rifle is ridiculously under-powered: 5 seconds of non stop fire means at least 15-20 rounds which is far too much to kill someone.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (215 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

LAILIEL wrote:

Not to mention that the assault rifle is ridiculously under-powered: 5 seconds of non stop fire means at least 15-20 rounds which is far too much to kill someone.

5 seconds of non-stop fire means the rounds are going everywhere!!!!

If you can kneel & aim & use burst fire more rounds will go on target.

Aim for the head..

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (203 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

yeah, never just hold the shoot button. I can usually kill someone with two well placed short birsts.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (197 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

1. when ur vehicle is on fire it's a good time to either repair or get out.

2. The is a red x that flashes in ur reticle when u hit an enemy player dead on

3. burst fire, 1-2 second burst, then u have release both the aim and fire button

re-aim 1-2 second burst. and repeat. usually dead by the second aim if you shot properly.

healthbars would take away from the gaming experience i feel. and the hit detection works just fine.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (179 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I have to agree to disagree with you. I just tried what you said, and that didn't work. The dude just ignored my attacks. Even came in Melee range and Melee him and nothing happen.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (177 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

This time it took three shotgun hits from a meter away. This is getting out of hand.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (171 Views)
0 Kudos