[EN] Archive

Public Starhawk BETA

Public Starhawk BETA

27 Mar 2012
By: TRO44_1 Member 26 Posts
Level 2

Request: HP Bars

6 Replies 182 Views Created 27-03-2012
When fighting in the air or ground, the animations are too unresponsive to damage. It is hard sometimes, to know if what I am doing Is damaging the target or not. In a game I played, I threw three grandes at enemy player and that player survived, along with a few shots. In another instant, I chased down a player using my assault rifle and shooting the target for 4-5 seconds. They stood there and took it, and jumped into a jeep like it was nothing. This happens a lot. Shooting target players, seem to sometimes not do anything. That's why I prefer HP bars, in order to at least know if what I am doing is damaging the enemy target or not.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (182 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Rif.: Request: HP Bars

[ Edited ]

Two words: hit detection.
Crysis 2 had a very poor hit detection system and what you describe happened all the time: you could shoot 7 shotgun rounds at guy and he could still survive...sadly Starhawk is the same.
Not to mention that the assault rifle is ridiculously under-powered: 5 seconds of non stop fire means at least 15-20 rounds which is far too much to kill someone.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (175 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

LAILIEL wrote:

Not to mention that the assault rifle is ridiculously under-powered: 5 seconds of non stop fire means at least 15-20 rounds which is far too much to kill someone.

5 seconds of non-stop fire means the rounds are going everywhere!!!!

If you can kneel & aim & use burst fire more rounds will go on target.

Aim for the head..

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (163 Views)
Level 3

yeah, never just hold the shoot button. I can usually kill someone with two well placed short birsts.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

1. when ur vehicle is on fire it's a good time to either repair or get out.

2. The is a red x that flashes in ur reticle when u hit an enemy player dead on

3. burst fire, 1-2 second burst, then u have release both the aim and fire button

re-aim 1-2 second burst. and repeat. usually dead by the second aim if you shot properly.

healthbars would take away from the gaming experience i feel. and the hit detection works just fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (139 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

I have to agree to disagree with you. I just tried what you said, and that didn't work. The dude just ignored my attacks. Even came in Melee range and Melee him and nothing happen.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (137 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

This time it took three shotgun hits from a meter away. This is getting out of hand.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (131 Views)
0 Kudos