Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: [SUGGESTION] Let's talk about flight...

I think the main issue in flying is the dodging. Every pro-flight dodge I try seems to fail. The auto-dodge button bashing dosent work a lot of the time. They should have kept dodging to a similar level of effectiveness of warhawk. Especially the RPG, those things rarely miss and everyone has one. 

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 77 (238 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Saw some good flying tips posted by Seventy_x_seven:

- Always jump before you transform and wait a second to boost, it's not worth wasting all that rift in a stupid crash.

- Always carry a repair tool.

- All players in hawk appear on the map when you press select, so try flying with it open if you need to find someone.

- Chaff is R3 and it reloads, the reload meter is the circle directly under the boost. Use it every time you get.

- When you are locked on, there are two stages unlike Warhawk's single stage. The firsts stage is "Warning" and the second stage is "Evade." Warning triggers when missiles locked on to you fire, and Evade triggers when the missiles are just about to hit your hawk. In order to break every lock on, you need to do a scrub method (Left stick + X) right when it switches from Warning to Evade. It's a timing risk-reward game. The problem most people have is they start trying to scrub the missiles immediately when the Warning stage begins because that's what we're used to in Warhawk, but if you do that in Starhawk you're guaranteed to get hit by a few of the missiles. However, if you wait for it to go to Evade but wait too long then every missile is going to hit which is even worse. So it's your call, try and break every lock but risk being off by a fraction of a second and getting hit by everything, or start dodging immediately but guaranteeing you're going to get hit by some missiles.- Missiles locked onto you appear on the map when you press select. A good tactic to use is when you get a Warning open the map and see how close the missiles are, then you can anticipate when it's going to change to Evade so you can break the locks.

- While the instructions say hold the left stick and tap X to scrub, it's much more effecient to hold X and move the left stick around to link scrubs.

- When you boost you travel at the same speed as incoming missiles, keep this in mind.

Just like in Warhawk, hitting mountains sides and whatever else you can get the missiles to hit instead of you is always important to consider.

- If you know an enemy is getting a lock on you, quickly transform to the mech and transform back to the hawk as this will disrupt their lock.

- Also when you're in mech form any previously locked on missiles will gradually lose a lock over time. It's not an ideal situation but if need be transform to mech and you're naturally evade a few missiles.

- Power sliding is much much more effective in Starhawk than in Warhawk. If an enemy is on your trail, hit the power slide and get on his tail, you can change hunter and prey really fast if you get good enough.

- Homing missiles' lock on doesn't immediately disrupt when you lose sight of your target, but it gradually breaks off. Keep this in mind.

- When placing air mines, you want to get them as bunched together as possible so the enemy is more likely to fly through all of them. The best way to do this holding the air brake while placing them.

- When you hit an enemy air mine, it latches onto your hawk and beeps for a second before it goes off. If you can react quick enough, do a scrub method (Left stick plus X) and the bomb will fall off your hawk.

- You're movement speed while holding the air brake is the same as a razorback's driving speed. Use this information to keep a constant distance away from a razorback for an easy kill.

- The best ways to assault an enemy fortification is to go as high as possible then nose dive into the base firing everything you got.

- Remember as a hawk you are the fastest thing on the map. You can get to all the rift barrels before anyone else, always shoot at them and collect rift when you can.

- Once you start dominating the skies, you're going to fill up with rift really fast. Don't let it go to waste! You can Build & Battle while flying. Find a safe zone to fly around and open your build menu, select a spawn point, bunker, bubble shield or whatever you think would help. Then fly to the front lines and swoop down and place it, no better way to support your team!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 77 (223 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

some good stuff there, thanks for posting duff.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 77 (205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Dogfighting in Warhawk was the best in any game ever. I am really dissapointed that they haven't approached this game with a 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' attitude. Very dissapointed with the flight so far. Get it back too a point where it is as good as Warhawk, and then look at any modifications. As it stands, it's been completely re-done and the result is inferior
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 77 (191 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

When you have your map pulled out while flying there is a circle around your arrow. This circle is actually your reticle, but what I've noticed it is also serves as an evade indicator. If you're watching the missiles come in on your map wait for them to enter that circle and then pull off the scrub method and you'll dodge everything nearly every time.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 77 (174 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

along with WH PF dodge, they neeed to bring back HOLD r2 and DOUBLE TAP for boost! the simplicity of warhawks flight system is what made it perfect. Now theres too much stuff goin on at once.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 77 (169 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I don't participate in beta, but from what you are all saying this game wont be as good as Warhawk was, another dumbed down title.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 77 (154 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I think we are focusing on the negatives here. I don't know if I'll like sh as much as wh but it's still a very fun game. It's still a day 1 buy for me even if the bogus flight dodge stays

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 77 (134 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

mikeymonty escreveu:

I think we are focusing on the negatives here. I don't know if I'll like sh as much as wh but it's still a very fun game. It's still a day 1 buy for me even if the bogus flight dodge stays

Yes, we might be. But that's what we should do. If we focus on the negatives, with some work they can be eliminated and the positives will hopefully not be harmed by that elimination of negatives.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 77 (117 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

agreed. that's the whole point of the beta.  just wanted to let jorymiller know that the game is very good even with the flight issues. it can sound like it's terrible when you just talk about the negatives.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 77 (113 Views)
0 Kudos