80%
02 Rank
Progress

Starhawk Beta - Bug Report

226 Replies 2,036 Views Created 15-11-2011
15 Nov 2011
By LiquidRunner

Welcome to the Starhawk Beta!

You may be wondering - what is a "Bug Report". Don't worry - it doesn't bite.

Bug Reporting allows the Starhawk developers to receive a list of issues with the beta code that you submit. They can then filter these down by category (such as by weapons, or maps etc). When developers receive this list they will prioritise and work through the bugs to find ways to fix them.

So how do I report one (or more) of these Bugs?

Simple - you have 2 options:

1) Use the official feedback threads found in this forum (they are sticky posts - stuck to the top for ease of reach).

Please remember that the benefit of posting on the forums is so that your fellow testers can see the reported bugs, this reduces the amount of duplicated bug reports that the developers may receive. So please try to keep to the suggested posting format throughout these threads :)

2) The Bug Report itself - Click Me to Access The Starhawk Beta Bug Report

The bug report is split into two sections. You can leave general feedback or report a bug directly. Please remember that the benefit of submitting bugs using the above link is that the results will be viewed by the developers in a spreadsheet format - so please try to keep the information relevant but concise.

If you are unsure about how to report a bug, or want to know if what you are reporting is actually a bug then feel free to ask in this thread.

Thanks for your feedback :Thumbs:,

- LiquidRunner

LABELS:
------------------------------------------------
LiquidRunner (or just 'Liquid')
Ex-PlayStation Beta Manager

Don't worry, β Happy

Click here to track my posts
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

X1BALBA

• Beta Tester
75%
05 Rank
Progress
X1BALBA
Accepted Solution

As Sarnek7 stated above me. Was unable to take the flag during CTF on Acid map. Ran through it numerous times with no joy. No display for who killed who throughout  match. Although, the kills were shown during pre-match.

0 Kudos

Re: Starhawk Beta - Bug Report

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ShadowFlareX

96%
04 Rank
Progress
ShadowFlareX
Accepted Solution
BUG - Unable to pick up flag

Map - All

As some others above have said, I am unable to pick up the flag at all on both maps. I've tried 3 completely different rooms, and I couldnt pick up the flag in any of them. This has happened since update 1.1.3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hogezz

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Hogezz
Accepted Solution
Same issue here with the flags
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hellowutsup5

89%
03 Rank
Progress
Hellowutsup5
Accepted Solution

Map: All

Mode: CTF

I tested this on both maps. in CTF whenever the game ended while I was holding the flag, the next game (regardless of what it is) I cannot use a jetpack or transform my hawk into flight mode because it says "you cannot fly with the flag" or "you cannot transform with the flag" this problem isnt solved with another round starting, I had the same problem 4 games later in the same room, the only way ive been able to fix it is drop out of that game and join a compleatly different server (or restart Starhawk). again this only happens when I am still holding the flag when the game ends. :smileyindifferent:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TheTreeFrog

• Beta Tester
95%
06 Rank
Progress
TheTreeFrog
Accepted Solution

Hellowutsup5 wrote:

Mode: CTF

I tested this on both maps. in CTF whenever the game ended while I was holding the flag, the next game (regardless of what it is) I cannot use a jetpack or transform my hawk into flight mode because it says "you cannot fly with the flag" or "you cannot transform with the flag" this problem isnt solved with another round starting, I had the same problem 4 games later in the same room, the only way ive been able to fix it is drop out of that game and join a compleatly different server (or restart Starhawk). again this only happens when I am still holding the flag when the game ends. :smileyindifferent:

Just out of curiosity, did you try walking through your own flag to see if you could capture the flag from the previous game? :)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hellowutsup5

89%
03 Rank
Progress
Hellowutsup5
Accepted Solution

@TheTreeFrog: (sorry cant figure out for the life of me how to qoute yet)

thats an interesting idea no I have not tried that, I think I will when the next oppertunity comes up, lol I can just see myself having the flag 3 seconds before the end only to get sniped.

but if anyone else here gets the chance to try this out please do.

EDIT: and @FURRY777, all our stats reset because this is just the beta and none of it will count when the game comes out anyways, so its not a bug just perpously done I think to discourege people from focusing on ranking up rather then fixing problems. and also at first the Matchmaking did the same for me and I just didnt bother for a while, but I just tried it recently and it worked fine granted I didnt see a map choice ooption but mabye thats just cause I missed something.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Solid_Snake12345
Accepted Solution

Hellowutsup5 wrote:

(sorry cant figure out for the life of me how to qoute yet)

If you're on a phone the option to quote may not be enabled. If you're on a laptop or computer:

Click Reply (on the poster you want to quote) and then click quote to quote them. Hopefully that was clear enough.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hellowutsup5

89%
03 Rank
Progress
Hellowutsup5
Accepted Solution

Solid_Snake12345 wrote:

Hellowutsup5 wrote:

(sorry cant figure out for the life of me how to qoute yet)

Click Reply (on the poster you want to quote) and then click quote to quote them. Hopefully that was clear enough.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Solid_Snake12345
Accepted Solution

Bug:

Vehicle: Mech
Description: Had a Mech on the ground it was just destroyed. I was in the enemy base. As it started flaming I got out and enemies continued firing. I pressed Square to enter and then fly away but as the animation started the mech blew up and I was left sitting in the air for a few seconds, unable to move, floating with enemies all around me. I took know damaged and the Mech exit animation started after a few seconds at which point I returned to the ground and everything was back to normal.

I must say I found it absolutely hilarious when it happened however :P.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FURY777

42%
02 Rank
Progress
FURY777
Accepted Solution

Bug 1: After quitting the game and logging back on, all progress is gone, stats, levels etc. Basically it resets your level.

Bug 2: Not major but matchmaking doesn't work, each attempt result in a "Fail to connect" message. Although you can just choose a server and that works fine.

Either way kudos to lightbox and SM, this is how a beta should be done!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ShadowFlareX

96%
04 Rank
Progress
ShadowFlareX
Accepted Solution
BUG - TDM UNABLE TO FLY WITH FLAG ISSUE

MAP - SPACE

PROBLEM - This has happened to me on 3 separate occasions. I start a TDM in space, I build a jetpack, grab a jetpack, but it says I "cannot fly with the flag"....in a team death match.....

So then I tried getting into a hawk, but then I again, I "cannot fly with the flag".

It's as if I had the flag when clearly I couldn't have in a TDM. However there were other people flying around with jetpacks and hawks, it was just me as far as I know who couldn't fly.

This has only happened since update 1.1.6, and only on Space
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Pentex

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Pentex
Accepted Solution

Mode: TDM

Map: Acid Sea

Bug: While waiting for players to start a round, picked up mines and planted them. When the round started, the mines were already where i had put them in pre-game.

So, when the enemy came rushing, i got some free kills.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hellowutsup5

89%
03 Rank
Progress
Hellowutsup5
Accepted Solution

Pentex wrote:

Mode: TDM

Map: Acid Sea

Bug: While waiting for players to start a round, picked up mines and planted them. When the round started, the mines were already where i had put them in pre-game.

So, when the enemy came rushing, i got some free kills.

yeah that hapened to me too, but I wasnt lucky enough to get some free kills. :smileyindifferent: :smileytongue:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hogezz

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Hogezz
Accepted Solution
Not much if a bug, but a bug non the less. Before you can press start it tells you to press start. Like I said, not a big deal, as all you need to do is wait a little before you can actually press start.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DaKiC

66%
02 Rank
Progress
DaKiC
Accepted Solution

Hi.

Firstly, thanks very much for the BETA invite. Really enjoying playing it and seeing different things tried out. Most of the suggestions I'd make have been made elsewhere so i won't bother with those.

I've had a couple of glitches the past couple of days, which are the first problems I've experienced:

1) Machine froze when loading a game. Think it was probably TDM but can't remember which map. had to reset the PS3.

2) In a TDM game in Space, I was getting into a buggy the moment it got blown up. I was then left sitting in mid-air for around 10 seconds. I could fire and throw grenandes but I couldn't move. Didn't sustain any damage but I'm not sure if anyone was shooting me or not. After that I was back to normal.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ShadowFlareX

96%
04 Rank
Progress
ShadowFlareX
Accepted Solution
I've come across a really serious problem that's affected my ps3 and I'm pretty sure it's linked with the starhawk beta. I made a separate thread about it with the details but was encouraged to post it in here as well.

The details are in here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Public-Starhawk-BETA/Has-Starhawk-Affected-My-PS3-Error-Code-...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Hogezz

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Hogezz
Accepted Solution

ShadowFlareX wrote:
I've come across a really serious problem that's affected my ps3 and I'm pretty sure it's linked with the starhawk beta. I made a separate thread about it with the details but was encouraged to post it in here as well.

The details are in here: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Public-Starhawk-BETA/Has-Starhawk-Affected-My-PS3-Error-Code-...

I hope of all the bugs in this early release, that this one gets the most attention. This could be a deal breaker for me. I realy hope this get's fixed above all else.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

THATMATTKID

56%
02 Rank
Progress
THATMATTKID
Accepted Solution
Unfortunately this has happened once or twice to me as well, but no way near as serious as receiving an error code.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Solid_Snake12345
Accepted Solution
Bug: Canot Fly with the Flag in Team Deathmatch
Maps: All
How to repeat this: Finish a capture the flag game while holding the flag. When the next match starts you will be unable to fly with the flag despite not having the flag. I have included a video here of the issue: http://youtu.be/Tn_lIOvGNeg

Bug: Cannot use Jetpack if you acquire it while holding the flag
Maps: All
How to repeat this: Get a jetpack while holding the flag. You will not be able to use the jetpack after you capture the flag.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

DaKiC

66%
02 Rank
Progress
DaKiC
Accepted Solution

Hi. Great to be back but it's been a bit buggy this evening. Played a couple of CTFs and had the following happen:

1) First time I died, I couldn't respawn, even though I'd waited the 3 seconds or so. Took a few attempts until finally it let me spawn.

2) Lots of lag at times: e.g. hit square to enter the Razorback - nothing happened so hit square again and jumped in and straight out again. Same thing happened when I grabbed the flag - had to wait a couple of seconds for it to register, Pretty sure it's not my connection as I don't usually have problems with it.

3) At the end of second game I chose to return to Home screen but soon as it did it just froze and I had to restart the machine and send the error message etc.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Solid_Snake12345
Accepted Solution

I'm glad to report that the crashing error that occured when you switched from Scrub Method: Right Stick on Normal flight to Scrub Method: Right Stick (by not changing it) on Advanced Flight is fixed. Now the Scrub Method on Advanced flight simply defaults to Left Stick + X if it was previously on Right Stick rather than crashing your PS3.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel