02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Starhawk Beta - Bug Report

226 Replies 1,929 Views Created 15-11-2011

Welcome to the Starhawk Beta!

You may be wondering - what is a "Bug Report". Don't worry - it doesn't bite.

Bug Reporting allows the Starhawk developers to receive a list of issues with the beta code that you submit. They can then filter these down by category (such as by weapons, or maps etc). When developers receive this list they will prioritise and work through the bugs to find ways to fix them.

So how do I report one (or more) of these Bugs?

Simple - you have 2 options:

1) Use the official feedback threads found in this forum (they are sticky posts - stuck to the top for ease of reach).

Please remember that the benefit of posting on the forums is so that your fellow testers can see the reported bugs, this reduces the amount of duplicated bug reports that the developers may receive. So please try to keep to the suggested posting format throughout these threads :)

2) The Bug Report itself - Click Me to Access The Starhawk Beta Bug Report

The bug report is split into two sections. You can leave general feedback or report a bug directly. Please remember that the benefit of submitting bugs using the above link is that the results will be viewed by the developers in a spreadsheet format - so please try to keep the information relevant but concise.

If you are unsure about how to report a bug, or want to know if what you are reporting is actually a bug then feel free to ask in this thread.

Thanks for your feedback :Thumbs:,

- LiquidRunner

LABELS:
------------------------------------------------
LiquidRunner (or just 'Liquid')
Ex-PlayStation Beta Manager

Don't worry, β Happy

Click here to track my posts
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Liam511
Accepted Solution
Im getting worried about these crashes... Ive actually started playing less because ive had to reset using the power button so many times im feeling like my brand new PS3 wont last long if it keeps happening :/

Re: Starhawk Beta - Bug Report

this is the last time I'll abandon you
/16

Leemco

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Leemco
Accepted Solution

Sounds similar to my problem , I get every meck weapon but get the same problems you describe , try getting into a meck to see if you have every meck weapon plus when I fire the kinetic rifle I get a 40ft wide flame coming out of my rifle same thing if any one fires at me ,it covers the whole screen so i can not see any thing

0 Kudos

/16

Chidori-RRC

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chidori-RRC
Accepted Solution

Hallo,

Die Fertigkeit TARNUNG - Erledige 10 Feinde im Nahkampf in einem einzigen Spiel.

Konnte ich nicht Freispielen.Dachte zuerst ich hätte mich verzählt aber das war nach dem dritten versuch  genauso.

Habe 17 Spieler mit dem Messer erledigt und die Freischaltung nicht bekommen.

0 Kudos

Betreff: Starhawk Beta - Bug Report

Beta Tester
/16

TheTreeFrog

• Beta Tester
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheTreeFrog
Accepted Solution

Hast du auch 2 Punkte

/16

fieldatron28

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fieldatron28
Accepted Solution

i had a strange bug the other day on acid sea, I spawned a jeep and set off to the other base and a teammate jumped into the gunner seat for a free ride, he then jumped out when we got to the enemy base and i carried on to mow some people down. i ran 4 people over and every single one of those kills went to the gunner who was busy respawning :(

0 Kudos

/16

Tiamat-86

37%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Tiamat-86
Accepted Solution

i'd just like to report the excecive number of rock walls in Acid Sea that need work.  u can see it n shoot it.  but also walk through it.   testd witrh a friend n they do make u unable to b hit.   even homing missles from plain couldnt touch him n he was barly inside the wall.  even got 1 high up in the middle of the level.   jetpack up but looks like nowhere to stand but then im inside the wall n i can c both bases with my sniper.  give myself away with its laser sight just so guy in buncker will fire rockets at me n i get to c them blow up point blank in my face n not even phase me

0 Kudos

/16

KADAFI316

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KADAFI316
Accepted Solution

yes isee your point this has been their from day 1 their rocks the floatings one in space you can do the same its the same for the acid maps its all over the place if you look you find them were you can sink in to the rock i dont think they call that a bug because i reported it from day 1 and it still their (still no laderrs on the side of acid maps so watch your step you fall of your histroy i asked for at least 1 ladder so you can get back up if you fall down the sides but still waiting)

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

wingkong85

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wingkong85
Accepted Solution

ISSUE: Dropped flag disappears on Sniper Towers

WHEN/WHERE: Any mode, all maps

DESCRIPTION: On taking the flag I made it back to base and decided to wait in the sniper tower while our flag was recovered. Anyway, I got taken out BUT the flag disappeared and instantly respawned at the enemy base! I assume this is to do with the small space or the height of the tower, but surely the flag should have stayed there until someone else claimed it...

*edit* another thing I forgot to mention

ISSUE: Game ends, kills continue to happen

DESCRIPTION: At the end of a game, the scoreboard and stats pop up but it's still possible to get killed. One example was when I boosted into the air at the end of a TDM game and while the scoreboard was up, my player committed suicide in the Hawk.

Another time was when I finished up in the enemy base, bagging the last kill with my Mech. Then, after the scoreboard came up, I got blown up by a turret.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

TheTreeFrog

• Beta Tester
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheTreeFrog
Accepted Solution

wingkong85 wrote:

ISSUE: Dropped flag disappears on Sniper Towers

DESCRIPTION: On taking the flag I made it back to base and decided to wait in the sniper tower while our flag was recovered. Anyway, I got taken out BUT the flag disappeared and instantly respawned at the enemy base! I assume this is to do with the small space or the height of the tower, but surely the flag should have stayed there until someone else claimed it...

*edit* another thing I forgot to mention

ISSUE: Game ends, kills continue to happen

DESCRIPTION: At the end of a game, the scoreboard and stats pop up but it's still possible to get killed. One example was when I boosted into the air at the end of a TDM game and while the scoreboard was up, my player committed suicide in the Hawk.

Another time was when I finished up in the enemy base, bagging the last kill with my Mech. Then, after the scoreboard came up, I got blown up by a turret.

I'm sure this will be sorted before release but I find it quite a novelty at the moment.

I like to stick a turret in the enemy base at the end of a game. :D 

[ Edited ]
/16

wingkong85

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wingkong85
Accepted Solution

With regards to the flag disappearing issue, I've noticed this isn't just happening on towers, but also in other enclosed spaces. I pinned a guy in with my Mech, killed him, and the flag instantly returned.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Liam511
Accepted Solution
It must be something to do with height, on WH if you dropped it in the Sea or in a "hard to reach area" if would respawn... perhaps theyve maybe not fixed it for sniper towers using the same code :(

Or it was sudden death?

/16

Commandofin

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Commandofin
Accepted Solution

wingkong85 wrote:

With regards to the flag disappearing issue, I've noticed this isn't just happening on towers, but also in other enclosed spaces. I pinned a guy in with my Mech, killed him, and the flag instantly returned.

This is no bug, this is sudden death situation for the flags when both teams hold others flag and if no progress is happening then this will happen. Sure it would be nice if you just had to go touch it before it returns to base but I'm fine with this.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Liam511
Accepted Solution
I agree, speeds up the game rather than having to mak sure it gets touched, after a 5 minute stalemate its the last thing you need :lol:

/16

Alex-Carter

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alex-Carter
Accepted Solution

I dont know if this is a bug but i have made a image in paint which should explain better than words how to create this bug if it is a bug....

starhawk bug.jpg

On the building the flag is on in acid sea you can place a wall at the back of the building like in the image i made above , then place a wall at the side of the building and link it to the wall on the flags building it will connect up. Its actually quite effective so im not certain if this is a bug or has been found before

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Alex-Carter

82%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alex-Carter
Accepted Solution
Another bug i have found is you can take weapons from bunker without going inside it so i can steal weapons from enemys bunkers unfairly all u do is go too the side the weapon spawns and jump at the outside of the bunker and you get the weapon
0 Kudos

/16

Ralph444

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ralph444
Accepted Solution

I just want to note that all my unlocked skills have locked themselves.

I had almost every one unlocked.... and then today they all mysteriously... locked....

I know it's a Beta, but this a huge pain in the @#$ for me  :(

It was extremely annoying to unlock all of those skills.

I was fooling around in my own hosted map when it happened.

0 Kudos

/16

wingkong85

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wingkong85
Accepted Solution

Not sure if this got mentioned yet, but...

ISSUE: Battle damage remains after Mech is destroyed

WHERE/WHEN: Any game where a Mech is destroyed on the ground

DESCRIPTION: Sometimes, once a Mech is blown up and disappears, the fire/damage effects remain. So there will often be a small fire floating off the ground where the Mech had been standing. This stays for a moment or so after the Mech has vanished.

0 Kudos

/16

bullseyed

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bullseyed
Accepted Solution

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, probably not. Anyway

Was playing on Dust today, came across an auto turret at an enemy's base. Would have been able to knife it, but it was positioned on a mountain which made it impossible to get to. Seems a little...unfair? Slope was almost vertical. Auto turrets should have to be on flat ground, like everything else. 

0 Kudos

/16

wingkong85

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wingkong85
Accepted Solution

I quite like how structures manage to build into slopes, even the pesky turrets. They can still be destroyed with rockets etc. But what spoils it for me is the fact that turrets cut into the wall when they turn.

0 Kudos

/16

Amonzymous

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Amonzymous
Accepted Solution

Having a few problems with the game randomly freezing. I've played about 5 games so far on the Dust map and 3 of those have ended in the game freezing.

0 Kudos

/16

philmlou

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
philmlou
Accepted Solution

Is there a problem with the Rocket Launcher locking on to hawks in flight? I cannot seem to get it to work since 1.3. Don't know if anyone else has encountered this.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel