Playstation Staff

Re: Starhawk Beta - Bug Report

Oh, and when I get the XP at the end of the match, then quit the game and get back in, it's like I never got the experience at all. I've been stuck in level 1. BTW, sorry for the double post, i briefly forgot about this one :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 227 (679 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i want to report a bug. o do it here because the survey page doesen´t work. 

Bug: Game Freeze at the loading level screen.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 227 (655 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Game locked up loading Acid Sea stage tonight. 

Sent error report, now it is checking the file system of the PS3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 93 of 227 (648 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Tonight I encountered an issue with the repair tool.

I was using the repair tool to destroy an enemy wall. While holding down the R1 button, I quickly pressed R2 to run away before I released R1, and the tool kept zapping the wall instead of returning to my side so I could make good my escape.

The other night I also ran into an interesting situation where I parked a Razorback near a wall, when I hopped out to use the repair tool to destroy the wall it was repairing it, I checked my radar. It was indeed a red wall.

The problem was the Razorback's front end was in the wall, so the tool was repairing the enemy wall and my razorback.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 94 of 227 (635 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

So this is my first post on the Beta so I'm kind of just dumping the issues I've encountered.  Sorry if any of this is a duplication of issues but I've got a number of things to report and it takes a long time to research all of them.

Also note my references to "Home World" are refering to references of the "Menu Up Link" I think is what it's called.  The main menu in the game.  i.e.  Settings, Match Making, Create Game, etc.

Issues here are literal issues I've encoutered and assumed are defects.  Requests are things I'd like to see changed.

Issue 1:  Failed to Connect

Occurance:  When selecting "Match Making" this error is received.

Request:  Would like to know more of why the failure to connect occured.  Game Host is full?  Game Host is no longer available?  was it a lag issue during match making?  At this point, "Failed to Connect" looks like nothing more than a bad game bug.  Seems like it must be the games fault.  I think alternate messages for the reason the Failed to Connect occured would be benificial for StarHawk as it may help remove some of the perception that the game is flawed as opposed to perhaps having a simple Game Host issue.

Issue 2:  At the end of a game, when I could view the Score Board or go back to my Home World, I went back to the Home World and was kicked out of the game and then presented with the initial Start Up screen where I needed to push Start to continue.  This has only happened once and it was in the 1.0.9 build.

Issue 3:  At the end of a game, when I could view the Score Board or go back to my Home World, i choose Score board, then again had the option to go to Home World.  I went to Home World and had all the typical options available, Settings, Match Making, Create A Game, etc.  I also had options to Drop or Quit Game.  note the game was already completed.  I clicked on the Drop icon (right next to Quite Game) and my whole PS3 froze.  I was forced to power down my PS3.  When the PS3 restarted I got an error that the PS3 had an unexpected shut down and I submtted the error to PS3.  My PS3 also asked to do a full system check which could take 2 to 3 hours.  I haven't tried this again in the 1.0.10 build.

Issue 4:  A few times, including in the new 1.0.10 build, my PS3 locked up (same as described in issue 3 above, had to power off, got PS3 error submitted, did system check).  This PS3 lock up occured when Match Making found a game and was at the Loading screen to get into a game. 

Issue 5:  Constant Failed To Connect errors during Match Making.  As described in Issue 1 above.  This Failed to Connect error is presented far to often for it to be "normal".  I get probably 4 failed to connect messages per game I'm actually able to get into and play when trying to find a game via Match Making.

Issue 6:  Sniper Towers don't have a way to be reclamed (hold square button).  I've seen this cause a number of issues with total building allowed to be built in game.  Need to be able to reclaim the building.

Issue 7:  Supply buildings (where you get the rocket launcher).  There's no way to reclaim this building either.  Same problem as issue 6 above.

Request 1:  Constant return to the Start screen (dude standing on the side and press Start to continue).  This is my biggest annoyance thus far in the game as this appears not to be a simple bug, but a game design.  The Splash Screen/Start Up screen where we have to press Start to begin the game and wait for the dude to open his little Tablet to show our Home World screen takes to long.  The animation is cool, but I'd love to see a way to skip the animation.  Especially with regards to Issue # 5 above.  This is a very annoying thing to have to sit through each time I get the Failed To Connect error.

Request 2:  Have game connection Failures return you to the Home World screen.  This helps resolve some of the frustration of Request 1 as stated above.

Request 3:  In Game.  I don't think it's a good thing that players can wall up a flag, with all laters facing away from the flag so attackers can climb right in, but are stuck once inside.  That seems more like an exploit than a good design.  Would recommend making sure that when joining walls, when a full circle is completed, at least 1 wall must have the ladder facing the flag.

Request 4:  Home World Screen.  I like the fuzzy screen animation and all.  Neat.  But it's a bit much.  Can you slow the flicker a bit?  It's more disorienting than cool.  And/or perhaps put more of the flicker on the outside of the options within the home world screen.  Something.  It's now taken a turn from cool to annoying after playing for several days.

Request 5:  Would love to see a "Controls" guide or key mapping for flight and ground and special weapon controls.  It seems like an unneccissary learning curve to have to figure these out.  In game controller mappings, even if they can't be changed, of button commands are very helpful to see.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 95 of 227 (624 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

The same thing happens to me. I even got the ribbon for leveling up to level 2 a few days ago but my rank still says 1.  By now I should be at like level 10!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 96 of 227 (618 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Brief Description of the issue:  When loading Starhawk, I get an error "A server connection error has occured.".  I press X and then I'm pushed over to a new screen that states "Today's 1.0.9 Starhawk Beta Update Includes:".  I already installed the 1.0.10 update yesterday.

Frequency: Twice.  once last night, once today at 12:03 PM PST.

Steps to reproduce the error (if possible):  Occurs when launching the game from PS3 XMB.

Your Connection Type: Wired

Your NAT Type: Unknown

Your Upload/Download speed at the same time the issue occurred:  Unknown.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 227 (616 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

jackelmyer wrote:

Issue 1:  Failed to Connect

Occurance:  When selecting "Match Making" this error is received.

Request:  Would like to know more of why the failure to connect occured.  Game Host is full?  Game Host is no longer available?  was it a lag issue during match making?  At this point, "Failed to Connect" looks like nothing more than a bad game bug.  Seems like it must be the games fault.  I think alternate messages for the reason the Failed to Connect occured would be benificial for StarHawk as it may help remove some of the perception that the game is flawed as opposed to perhaps having a simple Game Host issue.

Issue 5:  Constant Failed To Connect errors during Match Making.  As described in Issue 1 above.  This Failed to Connect error is presented far to often for it to be "normal".  I get probably 4 failed to connect messages per game I'm actually able to get into and play when trying to find a game via Match Making.

Request 1:  Constant return to the Start screen (dude standing on the side and press Start to continue).  This is my biggest annoyance thus far in the game as this appears not to be a simple bug, but a game design.  The Splash Screen/Start Up screen where we have to press Start to begin the game and wait for the dude to open his little Tablet to show our Home World screen takes to long.  The animation is cool, but I'd love to see a way to skip the animation.  Especially with regards to Issue # 5 above.  This is a very annoying thing to have to sit through each time I get the Failed To Connect error.

I agree - these two issues in combination make me wanna rage quit before I even play.
If a game can't be obtained, joined, or found, much better to return the player to either the matchmaking screen or the game list screen (wherever they attempted to join the game from) - don't dump the player back to the title screen and expect them to sit through a 10-second animation without being able to "next screen" it.
I've *never* yet been able to connect to a game thru matchmaking. There should be some kind of note at least as a courtesy - "failed to connect BECAUSE... game is now full, ...game no longer exists ...game is ending", etc)

Also, on the menu screen, where you choose to create game, matchmake, game list, etc. The menu item selection seems unnecessarily super-sensitive if using a thumbstick. I think it needs the sensitivity turned down - It's OK if selecting with the D-pad, but selecting with the thumbstick jumps from one side of the screen to the other.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 98 of 227 (594 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Cadder_au wrote:

I agree - these two issues in combination make me wanna rage quit before I even play.
If a game can't be obtained, joined, or found, much better to return the player to either the matchmaking screen or the game list screen (wherever they attempted to join the game from) - don't dump the player back to the title screen and expect them to sit through a 10-second animation without being able to "next screen" it.
I've *never* yet been able to connect to a game thru matchmaking.

Also, on the menu screen, where you choose to create game, matchmake, game list, etc. The menu item selection seems unnecessarily super-sensitive if using a thumbstick. I think it needs the sensitivity turned down - It's OK if selecting with the D-pad, but selecting with the thumbstick jumps from one side of the screen to the other.

Eh Cadder_au, regarding the match making, you may want to go to the PS3 Save Game utility and delete the StarHawk Beta saved game data.  That's cleared up some issues for me.  Wish in hind sight I would have noted the issues it cleared up though. =(

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 99 of 227 (591 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

jackelmyer wrote:

Cadder_au wrote:

I've *never* yet been able to connect to a game thru matchmaking.

Eh Cadder_au, regarding the match making, you may want to go to the PS3 Save Game utility and delete the StarHawk Beta saved game data.  That's cleared up some issues for me.  Wish in hind sight I would have noted the issues it cleared up though. =(

OK cool. thx for the tip

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 100 of 227 (589 Views)
0 Kudos