15 Nov 2011
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

Starhawk Beta - Build & Battle Feedback

[ Edited ]
280 Replies 1,367 Views edited 15-11-2011

"Build & Battle?" I hear you say, well if you have not yet checked it out, it is worth doing so. Of course with this impressive tool which makes every match different, there may be some areas for improvement. So this is the perfect place to let the developers know.

The Starhawk developers will be actively monitoring these official feedback threads, although as they are very busy please do not expect a reply to every post/query.

To help the Starhawk developers look into the issue, it would be helpful to include the below information in your posts within this thread:

----------------------------------------------------------

Brief Description of the issue: (i.e "I get trapped underneath the Sniper Tower")

Map which the issue occurred on:

Where on the map was the object being placed?: (Try to describe as best as possible)

Frequency: (i.e has the issue happened just once, can you repeat it, etc):

Steps to reproduce the issue (if possible):

Any suggestions to improve the issue?: 

----------------------------------------------------------

If you are not reporting an issue, but would like to suggest something to the developers, please put [SUGGESTION] at the top of your post.  This will help the developers to filter out the bugs vs suggestions within this thread.

Thanks for your feedback :Thumbs:

- LiquidRunner

------------------------------------------------
LiquidRunner (or just 'Liquid')
PlayStation Beta Manager

Don't worry, β Happy

Click here to track my posts
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 281 (1,367 Views)
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[SUGGESTION] Building counter

Hey LBI:

• As noted in one of your dev diaries, there's a risk that players will all build the same buildings motivated by their selfishness

• However, it's far cheaper and more efficient for the team to only have one type of each construction building in each base.

• To combat building spamming, could you add a counter which charts the number of buildings of a specific type that have already been deployed by that team.

• This could be as simple as number in the corner of each icon in the Build and Battle menu.

• If you wanted to go further, you could also add an icon to each building on the radar, so that the team can easily identify where they need to go to pick up a discount Hawk.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 281 (1,357 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: [SUGGESTION] Building counter

MusterBuster wrote:

Hey LBI:

• As noted in one of your dev diaries, there's a risk that players will all build the same buildings motivated by their selfishness
  • Showing the number of said buildings already deployed on the battlefield will help players to determine do you need said building

• However, it's far cheaper and more efficient for the team to only have one type of each construction building in each base.
  • Also players should be able to vote buildings to be destroyed when they go near the control panel or option pops up which issues start voting option. Players then can press Start button or Show Map button to access vote screen which will have the said building shown by map or by camera.
  • To combat building spamming, could you add a counter which charts the number of buildings of a specific type that have already been deployed by that team.

• This could be as simple as number in the corner of each icon in the Build and Battle menu.

• If you wanted to go further, you could also add an icon to each building on the radar, so that the team can easily identify where they need to go to pick up a discount Hawk.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 281 (1,330 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Brief Description of Issue: Resupply base is too powerful and promotoes camping to a certain extent.  It provides an unlimited amount of resupplies of rockets, which makes it very overpowered as it is also incredibly resistant as well. I find I can rack up 5-6 kills within minutes of building one of those things.

Maps: All

Placement: Near enemies base

How to improve: I think it would be a good idea to either make the weapon spawn time longer inside the base, only allow a certain number of weapon spawns or make the base weaker. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 281 (1,322 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

With the lack of weapons around the maps the bunkers are pretty vital. Maybe having a no go zone for bunkers close to enemy spawn points could be the answer rather than nerfing them?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 281 (1,311 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

(SUGGESTION)

Maybe a certain perimeter around the main base, that can't be built in by the opposing team, to keep the base raping down...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 281 (1,310 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I couldn't build anything, and even though i had plenty of rift all the items were blacked out and everytime i highlighted an item, a red number appeared in the middle of the dial.

This was on the Space map, only happened once.

There were alot of built items already so it could have been a limiter?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 281 (1,309 Views)
Level 10

Playstation Staff

The limiter shows in the build and select menu in the top right with 32 being the maximum.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 281 (1,307 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

aha, thankyou! 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 281 (1,306 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I've had an issue where I can't build anything (I had enough cores to build anything). It was on Acid Sea just right of the main base (where the rift barrel things spawn). After I killed someone, it let me build again.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 281 (1,297 Views)