Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Starhawk Beta - Build & Battle Feedback

The distance between the player character and the activate button for Hawk / Razorback and other machine dispensers could be a little larger. I'm not too keen on need to run right up to the control panel to activate it.

There's also a delay in system feedback where when I obtain three energy units to spawn a hawk and I'm mashing square, the game will still display "X amount of energy required" messages. A tiny niggle, but a niggle nonetheless.

Being able to reclaim all structures would be very useful. 

What weapons beside grenades and rocket launchers work against BnB structures? Machine gun doesn't seem to affect structures at all.

Message 81 of 281 (291 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

MazinkaizerSKL wrote:

The distance between the player character and the activate button for Hawk / Razorback and other machine dispensers could be a little larger. I'm not too keen on need to run right up to the control panel to activate it.

Completely agree.  You should still need to go close to it to reclaim a building so you don't do it accidentally, but for spawning vehicles it would be great to be able to press square anywhere within the launch pad / garage.

What weapons beside grenades and rocket launchers work against BnB structures? Machine gun doesn't seem to affect structures at all.

Doesn't really make sense that the rifle does no damage. It should at least do some damage, even if it would take  a minute of constant shooting to destroy something.

Message 82 of 281 (279 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Nuclearfish wrote:

MazinkaizerSKL wrote:

Completely agree.  You should still need to go close to it to reclaim a building so you don't do it accidentally, but for spawning vehicles it would be great to be able to press square anywhere within the launch pad / garage.

Doesn't really make sense that the rifle does no damage. It should at least do some damage, even if it would take  a minute of constant shooting to destroy something.

Whaaat o_O?

Why not just go knife a darn building down instead of using bullets. Explosives are good enough to destroy them. No need for bullets to be able to destroy them except turrets. I think this would be too much, way too much, you aren't supposed to do everything and handle everything with minimium equipment. Thats why there is different equipment, not a freaking swiss knife with machine guns and rockets.

0 Kudos
Message 83 of 281 (270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Played some more.

Machine gun can take out the auto turret / sentry guns.

Encountered a problem with the vehicle spawning where I was in range of the spawn pad, but my character wasn't facing the computer panel to spawn the vehicle and I could not spawn a vehicle. If I the player am viewing the control panel and within range of activation, I do not want my ability to activate the panel denied because my avatar is not facing the panel.

Build and Battle structures feel too well armored. All of them.

More easily destructible objects would make the game flow faster and more interesting rather than enemies building well armed fortifications and then camping out the rest of the match because you cannot safely approach.

Another thing to consider that I ran into this evening is do something about people spawning vehicles and then staying on the platform with them. I was attempting to get in the air from a Hawk pad, and some poltroon was just standing on the launch pad with his Hawk preventing any other players from spawning additional Hawks.

I'd rather you spawn the hawk and automatically spawn to the vehicle you chose, and it's in flight. This at the very least will get people out of the way.

Build and battle already makes this game beta substantially slower paced than Warhawk matches, something ought to be done to prevent campers and ninnies from hobbling their team mates.

Just to repeat it, all structures need to be able to be reclaimed.

0 Kudos
Message 84 of 281 (265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I have had a quick flick through here can see it has been touched on already but I thought I will still add my part.

I think the build limit should be increased. If people want to flood the map with crap we should be able to, having a cap on it kills the main selling point of this game.

At least it should be more, maybe the best formula would be 4 buildings per max players allowed in the game. so 8 player game 8 player game x4= 32 16 players x 4 = 64 32 players x4 = 128.

Also am I the only one who doesn't mind the other team being allowed to build in our base? Its fun doing it to them and the consequence is letting it happen to me.

I do think we should be allowed to build in more places though, like on almost any bridge in space you can't build. We should be allowed to build almost anywhere.

Also just a general suggestion for things in the full game, some prebuilt levels would be fun too. So have it pre built and take away the building ability for some games. So like a small level like fortress in warhawk prebuilt for DM where everyone can focus on killing and not just building crap would be fun.
0 Kudos
Message 85 of 281 (260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Commandofin wrote:

Nuclearfish wrote:

MazinkaizerSKL wrote:

Whaaat o_O?

Why not just go knife a darn building down instead of using bullets. Explosives are good enough to destroy them. No need for bullets to be able to destroy them except turrets. I think this would be too much, way too much, you aren't supposed to do everything and handle everything with minimium equipment. Thats why there is different equipment, not a freaking swiss knife with machine guns and rockets.

In MAG if you got near an enemy destroyable structure you had to hold down whatever button to start a destruct sequence & the enemy had so long to get back & stop it blowing up either something like that....

Or introduce a "Breaching  Charge"  to the game that will take down walls.....

Make it so the resupply spawn point for the charge is on a long respawn cycle of maybe 2mins so you have to use them sparingly......

That should keep everybody happy'ish (well apart fom you Commandofin as you never seem happy :Lol:)

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
0 Kudos
Message 86 of 281 (256 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

At MazinkaizerSKL:

I want to say WT(you know what is coming here) because why nerf buildings to the level of absolute uselessness because they can't take much of a sneeze at them before exploding. The buildings are fine as they are, you just need to see weak points of the base which you strike, not to clear out everything with one attack as one player. Instead of trying to bring down walls to make a new route, shoot the gates because they are more fragile than walls if you want to get in. This is a teambased game, not your every mans CoD.

Main base is meant to be well defended, otherwise spawn and base rape would start to make games worse. If it is forward outpost then start destroying pod beacon first and take out other buildings by using enemy bunkers unlimited ammo supply. Prioritize your targets.

The vehicle spawn thing is the way it is right now because if you happen to be fighting and enemy near a building which has control panel and you end up near it while pressing reload button which is the same as purchase/upgrade building so instead of doing that critical reloading fail and buying what ever was coming from that panel, you end up dead. I will definitely look over this "flaw".

Gameplay flows faster if you talk to your team what to build and where. I have stated this earlier. You are trying to do everything by yourself, thats why you feel how you feel right now.

To your hawk thing, they are either AFK or griefers. You can't beat them all. Destroy said hawk pad and build another one if there is no other way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At playstation3man:

No, no, no. No build limits for players, I said why it wouldn't work earlier in this thread because if they end up in good position where they could build new forward base but can't because they build 4 walls already and that would annoy players more than help.

You just need to be able to reclaim all buildings. Thats all you need. And did you consider that PS3 would ran out of memory if you had unlimited building cap. I don't know how much a buildings or player characters take memory and there is also other things which require their memory spot so it would be technical point of view impossible to have more buildings. Thats why I want next gen to have 4-5GB RAM to ensure that the memory would be enough.

I don't like that you can build buildings at enemys main base.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At saberdragon:

I know how MAG plays, got a plat from it. It doesn't fit this game to be able to plant charges at enemy buildings because you can destoy them with other means, in MAG you couldn't.

And I'm happy with this game, I have not said that this game sucks any where. I just don't see the logic that you have to be able do everything by yourself which people are trying to make this game played as because this is a team based game after all.

Besides there is coming that tankish vehicle which possibly can make bases flat in minutes and we are missing binocs too.

0 Kudos
Message 87 of 281 (249 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[SUGGESTION]

Respawning vehicles

1. Players need to be better educated that you can respawn vehicles. Too many players end up building a new hawk or razor garages right next to an existing garage, unaware that the one garage can spawn many vehicles. Perhaps a tip can appear for new players saying that they can spawn vehicles without having to spend 6 or 4 energy points building a new one.
  2. Allow players to spawn a vehicle anywhere in the garage instead of going to the computer. This would perhaps raise awareness at the same time that players can respawn a vehicle.

Reclaiming Sniper towers

1. I'd like to see an option to reclaim a sniper tower (unless there is already an option there). It's irritating when players build a sniper tower next to the walls surrounding the flag, defeating any purpose the walls had, since the enemy team can just climb up and jump over the wall. Being able to reclaim the sniper tower would fix this problem.

General comments

Really enjoying the beta, I never thought I'd enjoy capture the flag as much as this. The build features really do a great job of keeping things varied. I think the current costs are fair and hope they arent changed since it promotes team work. I dont want to be able to build everything straight away on my own so the current costs are perfect.

I'm a little greedy when I want more than 32 building slots but thats mainly because I enjoy building :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 88 of 281 (239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

playstion3man wrote:
I think the build limit should be increased. If people want to flood the map with crap we should be able to, having a cap on it kills the main selling point of this game.

At least it should be more, maybe the best formula would be 4 buildings per max players allowed in the game. so 8 player game 8 player game x4= 32 16 players x 4 = 64 32 players x4 = 128.

There already are 4 buildings per max players. :smileywink: In the current 16 player games there a total of 64 buildings. That's 32 for 8 players on a team = 4 per player.

But yes, increasing it further would be good. Assuming it's just a design decision to limit it and not for technical/memory usage reasons.

Message 89 of 281 (233 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Commandofin wrote:

At saberdragon:

I know how MAG plays, got a plat from it. It doesn't fit this game to be able to plant charges at enemy buildings because you can destoy them with other means, in MAG you couldn't.

It does'nt have to destroy the buildings just breach/destroy the wall its placed on the as there quite tough to destroy......

And I'm happy with this game, I have not said that this game sucks any where. I just don't see the logic that you have to be able do everything by yourself which people are trying to make this game played as because this is a team based game after all.

Yes its a team based game (for some) but when you have stealthed your way across the map & then come up against three wall sections each with a turret on them you then have to blow each turret up & revealing yourself on the map possibly loosing your buddy in the proccess then you have to destroy the walll so all your rockets are gone & by that time the enemy are dancing all over you!!!!

Besides there is coming that tankish vehicle which possibly can make bases flat in minutes and we are missing binocs too.

We can only wait & see how powerful thearmourd vehicle is going to be , are we getting bino's?

Are they going to be able to destroy a wall!!?

At the moment we are seeing walls put round flags with the steps on the outside so once you have grabbed it you cant get out!!!!!

Thats after getting through the other defence features......

So a "Breaching Charge" to take out walls would be a bonus as well as stopping all this constant pounding on some of these fortifications to get in & maybe keep the battles a little more fluid & moving with ppl actually getting through defences & grabbing flags....

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
0 Kudos
Message 90 of 281 (227 Views)
0 Kudos