02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Starhawk Beta - Build & Battle Feedback

[ Edited ]
280 Replies 1,454 Views edited 15-11-2011

"Build & Battle?" I hear you say, well if you have not yet checked it out, it is worth doing so. Of course with this impressive tool which makes every match different, there may be some areas for improvement. So this is the perfect place to let the developers know.

The Starhawk developers will be actively monitoring these official feedback threads, although as they are very busy please do not expect a reply to every post/query.

To help the Starhawk developers look into the issue, it would be helpful to include the below information in your posts within this thread:

----------------------------------------------------------

Brief Description of the issue: (i.e "I get trapped underneath the Sniper Tower")

Map which the issue occurred on:

Where on the map was the object being placed?: (Try to describe as best as possible)

Frequency: (i.e has the issue happened just once, can you repeat it, etc):

Steps to reproduce the issue (if possible):

Any suggestions to improve the issue?: 

----------------------------------------------------------

If you are not reporting an issue, but would like to suggest something to the developers, please put [SUGGESTION] at the top of your post.  This will help the developers to filter out the bugs vs suggestions within this thread.

Thanks for your feedback :Thumbs:

- LiquidRunner

LABELS:
------------------------------------------------
LiquidRunner (or just 'Liquid')
Ex-PlayStation Beta Manager

Don't worry, β Happy

Click here to track my posts
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Hogezz

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hogezz
Accepted Solution

Zienzo wrote:

I disagree because you have to take speed into account. As I said, they're meant for quick access for the vehicles. If a razorback is going full tilt, it would hit the door if it had a smaller vicinity. However you could say that it could have a smaller detection for footsoldiers and keep it as is for vehicle detection.

Perfect. Agreed.
0 Kudos

Re: Starhawk Beta - Build & Battle Feedback - SUGGESTION - TURRETS

/16

Fatal-Aim

83%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fatal-Aim
Accepted Solution
Speed detection is taken. Its not like the doors drop slow. They drop almost as if they were never there the moment you are in range. I doubt a razorback or even a jetbike will have any effect to the point where you would need 10ft of play time between the door's detection range. For a vehicle, two feet is more than enough, i'm sure.
0 Kudos

/16

Fatal-Aim

83%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fatal-Aim
Accepted Solution

jackelmyer wrote:

Solid_Snake12345 wrote:

jackelmyer wrote:

Brief Description of the issue:  I'm seeing that Turrets are a bit nerfed in their ability to be destroyed.  I've seen guys walk up to a turret firing at them, and I think they Knife it, and it 1 shot kills the turret.  To me that makes turrets kind of pointless.  I think at a minimum whatever those guys are doing should take at least 1 more additional shot.  I don't mind so much if a guy walks up to a turret, takes two swings and kills it.

What bothers me is that a guy can walk up to 5 turrets, and destroy them all with a single attack.  That's 10 build blocks of repair that needs to be done to a base.  This makes turrets almost useless.

Map which the issue occurred on:  All

Where on the map was the object being placed?: Anywhere.

Frequency: repeatable.

Steps to reproduce the issue (if possible):  Not entirely sure, but anything that allows a player, on foot, to walk up and destroy a turret with 1 shot is an overpowered action against turrets.

Any suggestions to improve the issue?:  Don't allow any infantry based attacks that will 1 shot kill a turret.  Note:  it does take 2 rocket launcher shots to kill a turret.  That should be the most power about anything has against turrests.  2 shot kills should be the minimum required number of attacks against a turret with any type of attack.

The idea (I believe) is to encourage you to place turrets on structures (such as walls and Supply Bases) rather than to just place them on the ground however I'm unaware if you can knife turrets that are placed on these structures. I think it would be fairer if you could only dismantle (knife) the turret with R3 behind it rather than being able to just run straight up to it and dismantle it while it shoots at you.

I understand what you're saying but I see the same problem with Turrets on structures.  I watched a guy climb up the ladder to get to the flag, once on the platform, he took out 3 of the 4 turrets that were up there.  It's just not right.  If a guy walks into 4 turrets blasting at him, then he needs his Warhawk or Buggy buddies to come through and blast the turrets wtih bigger guns and some armor.  Or he needs to blast any shield structure, then get back to blasting turrets at range.

I agree.  Sentry guns either need to be more aggressive, more powerful, more precise, or the melee needs to do less damage or perhaps all. I, too, witness something very similar. There were four sentry guns setup in each corner of a retangular wall that guarded a flag. A troop entered through and auto drop door and took out most of the guns. 

In another instant, THREE sentry guns were all setup side by side due to their lack of aggression. A troop in a jetpack simply ran pass all three guns firing on him no more than 10ft away before taking them out with a knife. 

0 Kudos

/16
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Snake12345
Accepted Solution

EDIT: Sorry, message posted twice for some reason :S.

Anyway, might as well make use of it.

[SUGGESTION]
As before, either walls need to not count as buildings, have them cost half a building count, have different buildings cost different amounts or the building limit needs to be increased. At 16 players, 32 isn't enough and I'm not sure if 64 would be enough when 32 players are added.

[SUGGESTION]
When a player dismantles a building that is not there own, seventy five percent of the cost of the building should go to the original creator and 15% should go to the player that destroys it while the final ten percent is lost. This would sicourage players destroying buildings so that they can by a hawk or a beam turret and ensure that if somebody destroys a building that they will have an actual strategic reason for doing so (such as bad placement) and not greed.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

saberdragon

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

Cant LBi do something about the supply bunker!!!!

Have it so you cant stand over the rocket launcher pick up & constantly get missiles....

Make it so if a players standing over the pick up it does'nt activate...

0 Kudos

Re: Starhawk Beta - Build & Battle Feedback

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
Beta Tester
/16

TheTreeFrog

• Beta Tester
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheTreeFrog
Accepted Solution

saberdragon wrote:

Have it so you cant stand over the rocket launcher pick up & constantly get missiles....

I think they should just have one pickup that has everything, that way you wouln't have to run around the outside bumping into everyone as you go.

0 Kudos

/16

Commandofin

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Commandofin
Accepted Solution

TheTreeFrog wrote:

saberdragon wrote:

I think they should just have one pickup that has everything, that way you wouln't have to run around the outside bumping into everyone as you go.

They way a supply bunker is right now is fine. Its a valid tactic to start spamming rockets with unlimited ammo when using the bunker. I remember playing against TheTreeFrog yesterday.

0 Kudos

/16

saberdragon

91%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saberdragon
Accepted Solution

Commandofin wrote:

TheTreeFrog wrote:

saberdragon wrote:

They way a supply bunker is right now is fine. Its a valid tactic to start spamming rockets with unlimited ammo when using the bunker. I remember playing against TheTreeFrog yesterday.

You come across as very sycophantic at times with your theres nothing wrong with this or that & its fine!!!!

If the players in the bunker yes the ammo is unlimited as it keeps respawning very quick....

But you should'nt be able to stand over the pick up & get constant replen without having to move away from the replen point......

For someone who harps on about it being a "Team Game" very often if your standing over the replen point spamming missiles your stopping your team mates from replening when they spawn....

0 Kudos

men of the imperium do you want to live for ever!!!
/16
99%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Solid_Snake12345
Accepted Solution

saberdragon wrote:

Commandofin wrote:

TheTreeFrog wrote:

saberdragon wrote:

You come across as very sycophantic at times with your theres nothing wrong with this or that & its fine!!!!

If the players in the bunker yes the ammo is unlimited as it keeps respawning very quick....

But you should'nt be able to stand over the pick up & get constant replen without having to move away from the replen point......

For someone who harps on about it being a "Team Game" very often if your standing over the replen point spamming missiles your stopping your team mates from replening when they spawn....

This could be solved much easier (I think) if the windows of the supply bunker were either indestructable but neither team could shoot through them (except maybe a few gaps in the windows that both teams can shoot through) or by making it so that both teams can attack through the windows. This would make it so that anybody standing on the missile spawn could be sniped very easily.

0 Kudos

/16

Commandofin

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Commandofin
Accepted Solution

saberdragon wrote:

Commandofin wrote:

TheTreeFrog wrote:

saberdragon wrote:ate...

Had to check first what sycophantic meant. Gosh, I don't see my self as butt kisser. I try to think with big picture when someone suggests nerf this and buff that because if you only focus on changing one thing without taking anything else into consideration then you end up screwing something else in change.

For this issue I can see why you see rocket spamming as a problem. If the enemy manages to put up a bunker in a very good spot where they can see big part of the battlefield and enemy structers while spamming rockets at them. This is both bad and good in both ways because if the enemy base happens to be too well defended with buildings then the only really effective way to break this defense is to start spamming rockets and to also prevent them from getting better vehicles and weapons which is pretty basic for RTS games to cripple enemys supply lines being it weapons or resources.

You and your team should realize the dangers of the enemy bunkers when in line of sight and take them immediately down by using the same tactis as they are using.

Now if you were to disable ammo packs from spawning or limiting their spawn time and amount for being able to pick up then this could lead to more bigger problems such as attackers being able to rampage inside your base exploiting this system leaving you as a defender in much greater trouble because you cannot replenish ammo to held off the attackers. One mech has more ammo in its disposal than a single troop and with good enough pilot with this system or part of it would give an advantage for the pilot even against multiple enemys.

If you then would nerf mech/hawk even more to balance this issue then I would find it mech/hawk too weak to have any impact on the battle making it useless (it feels for me rather weak right now already).

Bunker is the key building keeping your base alive and resupplying defenders against attackers. With out its current resupply system it would have made many base defending situations impossible for me and my team at least.

That is why you will exploit the advantages of the bunker during offense by using either enemys own bunker against them or building your own.

Its more player awareness problem rather than the game's fault if your buddy tries to grab rocket but you keep picking it up by yourself for more ammo. Not something to be worried about. I have experienced it myself.

But I do agree at the part where sniper rifle would be able to penetrate the windows.

TL;DR: Limiting the ammo distribution of the bunker would cause more troubles than fixes.

/16

Fatal-Aim

83%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Fatal-Aim
Accepted Solution

[suggestion]

we need more pre-built structures that you can actually enter or hide between like those in warhawk. When we have to build an entire base by scratch, it tends to use up a lot of the team structures incredibly fast. Wit pre-built structures scattered around, we can use these as a baseline to contruct more advance bases or use fewer resources to start a reasonable base camp/spawn point up  and still protect the player at the same time, that way they conserve their rift for something that may matter more without putting the entire strain on the B&B system/team structures. I think it would leave more room to expand the B&B options.

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Liam511
Accepted Solution

its a bit annoying reclaimin a structure and watching the counter go from 3 to 1 then back to 3 for a second before the building falls... a small detail but it got me confused the first few times.

Also, due to the whole "great wall" problem and the 32 structure limit, on Medium and Large map variations will the limit be increased? considering its hard enough to tactically place key buildings when you need them because theres 15 walls in your base or 2 pod beacons on the corner of the maps where theres no enemies or even team mates spawning. 

[ Edited ]
this is the last time I'll abandon you
/16

rymagician

44%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rymagician
Accepted Solution

[SUGGESTION]

Two things:

1) Players should either die or be severely wounded when they are inside a building that is destroyed.  There needs to be a risk/reward decision of staying inside a bunker while it crumbles around you.  Same goes for sniper towers.

2) I think gameplay would be improved if there were a way to deactivate (either permenantly or temporarily) the "energy shield" inside of bunkers.  As it is now, you cannot snipe or attack people inside of bunkers at all, and this promotes campers to just sit and lob rockets toward each other from the safety of bunkers.  Perhaps put two energy generators or something on the top or rear of bunkers which, if both are destroyed, temporarily or permentatly turns off the "energy shield" inside of the bunkers allowing grenades, bullets, rockets, and sniper rounds to enter.  Perhaps players could choose to pay rift energy to repair these shield energy generators after a cooldown and restore the "energy shield."

I don't mean to play game designer, but those are just two things that stand out to me at the moment.

/16

SPYDACRAT

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SPYDACRAT
Accepted Solution

Is there a way to recclaim Pod Beacons?

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Liam511
Accepted Solution
Getting quite annoying playing Ctf where there's 10 auto turrets in a base with an energy shield around making it impossible to get near the flag at all
0 Kudos

this is the last time I'll abandon you
/16

Hogezz

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hogezz
Accepted Solution
Can't dispute a solid defence. It takes real team work in this game if offence and defence is done properly.
0 Kudos

/16

CHOZINWON

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CHOZINWON
Accepted Solution
Exactly. That's the beauty of this game. Lone wolf players can't capture the flag by themselves............unless you strike as soon as the match starts catching your opponent off guard.
0 Kudos

/16

CHOZINWON

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CHOZINWON
Accepted Solution

Liam511,

Isn't that the goal, to make it "impossible" to get your flag captured?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

The_Dvs-Bstd

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Dvs-Bstd
Accepted Solution

I have a [SUGGESTION]

I think it would be awesome if you could make a teleporter! Just an idea that could change the gameplay a lot!

0 Kudos

Teleporter

/16

CHOZINWON

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CHOZINWON
Accepted Solution

The_Dvs-Bstd wrote:

I have a [SUGGESTION]

I think it would be awesome if you could make a teleporter! Just an idea that could change the gameplay a lot!

Uh................NO!

Re: Teleporter

/16

The_Dvs-Bstd

65%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
The_Dvs-Bstd
Accepted Solution

I just think it would be a great Idea on larger maps! I don't want to run across the whole map!

I know I can drive a car or a Hawk but anyway, it worked good in TF2 didn't it  ;P

0 Kudos

Re: Teleporter

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel