Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Starhawk Beta - Features/Other Feedback

I'm not sure if its just me, but the menu is very flickery and at times distorted.  It's horrible to look at whilst navigating through the menu.  Is it possible for the menu to remain still, without flickering?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 210 (360 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Since I am Red/Green colour blind I was so happy to see an option for this in the menu. :smileyhappy:

and I was so sad to see that it is currently disabled. :smileysad:

tbh, with the current colours the game is unplayable for me.

It's unfair on my teammates :smileyhappy:

Please sort it out soon.

Message 12 of 210 (353 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I just want a simple leaderboard (for the current game you are in) which is similar to WH. Where it pops up and tell you who is on each team and possibly how many flag captures and kills each person has.

I think it pops up in a very thin column when you press start and go to the menu, but I think it needs to be done in a similar vain to the mini-map when you press select.
Shika1983
Message 13 of 210 (335 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

TheTreeFrog wrote:

Since I am Red/Green colour blind I was so happy to see an option for this in the menu. :smileyhappy:

and I was so sad to see that it is currently disabled. :smileysad:

tbh, with the current colours the game is unplayable for me.

It's unfair on my teammates :smileyhappy:

Please sort it out soon.

Same for me. I'm constantly shooting my own team (and this time it's actually unintentional :smileywink: ). Not only that but almost every time I've been killed it's because I was walking near someone who I thought was a teammate but was actually an enemy.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 210 (328 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

(SUGGESTION)

On the leaderboard, is it possible to have it automaticly find your player for you plz.

Or have the option to go page by page like the leaderboard on warhawk, beause it sometimes takes ages to find out where you are :King:

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 210 (317 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

shika1983 wrote:
I just want a simple leaderboard (for the current game you are in) which is similar to WH. Where it pops up and tell you who is on each team and possibly how many flag captures and kills each person has.

I think it pops up in a very thin column when you press start and go to the menu, but I think it needs to be done in a similar vain to the mini-map when you press select.

I agree, In WH I found it essential to quickly "stat" the enemy to know which player(s) needs to be stopped/slowed down.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 210 (299 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[SUGGESTION] Pick-Up Notifications

If it exists, I havent seen it, but, I think an "optional" (meaning it can be turned off in the setup menu at a later date) quick onscreen informational flash of what item you just picked up would be very helpful, especially for any new players.

As a new player, I run over something to pick it up, and sometimes I dont even know what it was or where to find what new thing it was that I just picked up.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 210 (294 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I just thought of 2 features I desperately want to see in starhawk now and I think can really really improve it:

1) Full Replays of the game - I badly wanted this feature in warhawk. I want to be able to watch the replay of the game I just played. Uncharted 2 has this feature where you can rewatch the match, switch player cameras etc. There were so many times in warhawk I wanted to watch something amazing that happened but couldn't. If replays could be saved where I can watch from any player viewpoint, that would be incredible

2 - further upgrade buildings. Often the 32/32 limit has been reached and I have nothing to spend my energy on. Why not make it so you can further upgrade buildings by spending energy? For example, upgrade a wall so it's stronger. Upgrade beam cannon so it's stronger, more powerful, increased ranged. Same for auto turrets. Get my drift? Spending energy to upgrade existing facilities is an amazing idea I think and not a new idea since many tower defence games have the same mechanic. It would then make the 32/32 limit not the end of building things. It would be amazing.

----

On a side note I wish the score screens were more like warhawk and showed man of the match stats etc. And I think shield generators should ripple when bullets hit them

Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 210 (277 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Description of issue: Too many people using their mics at once can turn the voice chat into a confusing mess with people interupting eachother and making communication ineffective for others. This is partly because we can't see whos talking but also because more than 6 mics going at once can simply be too many.

Frequency: Not often, only when several people are using their mics.

Steps to reproduce issue: Try having an 8 v 8 game with everyone using their mics trying to communicate with eachother.

Suggestion: Introduce private voice chat channels which are selectable from the start menu. Anyone can join or leave at any time. Allow up to 6 players per channel and create enough channels for people to have their own small private rooms. Teammates should appear as a unique colour on the minimap. You could also name each channel so that it has a purpose in the game. For example; offence, defence, lone wolves, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 210 (273 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

CTF - unless i missed it an option to drop the flag would be nice. Collected the opposition flag and got it back to our base with over 10 minutes of the game remaining. Unfortunately we'd also lost our flag. An option to leave the flag at our base so i could go help recover our flag rather than hang about our base so long would be good.

ie. You can still place the opposition flag at the goal but no points are scored until the home flag is also returned.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 210 (252 Views)
0 Kudos