Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Starhawk Beta - Features/Other Feedback

[ Edited ]
209 Replies 1,042 Views edited 15-11-2011

Hi all,

This thread is for anything which is not covered in the other official threads. For example - a bug on the Start Screen does not fit into any of the other feedback categories, so this thread is a good place to put miscellaneous feedback.

The Starhawk developers will be actively monitoring these official feedback threads, although as they are very busy please do not expect a reply to every post/query.

To help the Starhawk developers look into the issue, it would be helpful to include the below information in your posts within this thread:

----------------------------------------------------------

Brief Description of the issue: (i.e "The start screen freezes when I press X")

Frequency: (i.e has the issue happened just once, can you repeat it, etc):

Steps to reproduce the issue (if possible):

Any suggestions to improve the issue?: (I.e Disable all buttons other than "Start" on the Start screen)

----------------------------------------------------------

If you are not reporting an issue, but would like to suggest something to the developers, please put [SUGGESTION] at the top of your post.  This will help the developers to filter out the bugs vs suggestions within this thread.

Thanks for your feedback :Thumbs:

- LiquidRunner

LABELS:
------------------------------------------------
LiquidRunner (or just 'Liquid')
Ex-PlayStation Beta Manager

Don't worry, β Happy

Click here to track my posts
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

SaintMarcPaul

47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SaintMarcPaul
Accepted Solution

When people die and drop all their guns and grenades - bring back the pack.  Simple and easy single pick up. This isn't sonic the hedgehog.  Shouldn't have to run around collecting grenades like rings.

Guns at bases need to be easier to find.  A simple glow/shine feature isn't enough when the maps are too dark.  Warhawk was nice because each weapon had a solid color glow.  You knew where they were from a distance and knew what you were getting.  Simplifying this will make it an easier game to pick up.

Re: Starhawk Beta - Features/Other Feedback

/16

EpicDude

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
EpicDude
Accepted Solution

Hey!

My suggestions are:

Switch shoulders, sometimes it is absolutely necessary and it simply isn't there

HUD Opacity and size, an option to control this would be great!

Also, this is the most incredible online game I've played this year.

0 Kudos

[SUGESTION]

/16

PRO-ACE

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PRO-ACE
Accepted Solution
Please increase the amount of time it takes for your health to regenerate.
0 Kudos

Re: [SUGESTION]

/16

saidg23

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
saidg23
Accepted Solution

You should add a music player so you can play your music in the background like in lbp2.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Liam511

• Beta Tester
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Liam511
Accepted Solution
I shouldnt see why not, it was eventually put into Warhawk :)

this is the last time I'll abandon you
/16

Gaussian

61%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gaussian
Accepted Solution

[SUGGESTION] Pick-Up Notifications

If it exists, I havent seen it, but, I think an "optional" (meaning it can be turned off in the setup menu at a later date) quick onscreen informational flash of what item you just picked up would be very helpful, especially for any new players.

As a new player, I run over something to pick it up, and sometimes I dont even know what it was or where to find what new thing it was that I just picked up.

0 Kudos

/16

ShadowFlareX

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ShadowFlareX
Accepted Solution
I just thought of 2 features I desperately want to see in starhawk now and I think can really really improve it:

1) Full Replays of the game - I badly wanted this feature in warhawk. I want to be able to watch the replay of the game I just played. Uncharted 2 has this feature where you can rewatch the match, switch player cameras etc. There were so many times in warhawk I wanted to watch something amazing that happened but couldn't. If replays could be saved where I can watch from any player viewpoint, that would be incredible

2 - further upgrade buildings. Often the 32/32 limit has been reached and I have nothing to spend my energy on. Why not make it so you can further upgrade buildings by spending energy? For example, upgrade a wall so it's stronger. Upgrade beam cannon so it's stronger, more powerful, increased ranged. Same for auto turrets. Get my drift? Spending energy to upgrade existing facilities is an amazing idea I think and not a new idea since many tower defence games have the same mechanic. It would then make the 32/32 limit not the end of building things. It would be amazing.

----

On a side note I wish the score screens were more like warhawk and showed man of the match stats etc. And I think shield generators should ripple when bullets hit them

Cheers
0 Kudos

/16

AJebEn

87%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AJebEn
Accepted Solution

Description of issue: Too many people using their mics at once can turn the voice chat into a confusing mess with people interupting eachother and making communication ineffective for others. This is partly because we can't see whos talking but also because more than 6 mics going at once can simply be too many.

Frequency: Not often, only when several people are using their mics.

Steps to reproduce issue: Try having an 8 v 8 game with everyone using their mics trying to communicate with eachother.

Suggestion: Introduce private voice chat channels which are selectable from the start menu. Anyone can join or leave at any time. Allow up to 6 players per channel and create enough channels for people to have their own small private rooms. Teammates should appear as a unique colour on the minimap. You could also name each channel so that it has a purpose in the game. For example; offence, defence, lone wolves, etc.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

mik_69

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mik_69
Accepted Solution

CTF - unless i missed it an option to drop the flag would be nice. Collected the opposition flag and got it back to our base with over 10 minutes of the game remaining. Unfortunately we'd also lost our flag. An option to leave the flag at our base so i could go help recover our flag rather than hang about our base so long would be good.

ie. You can still place the opposition flag at the goal but no points are scored until the home flag is also returned.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

bowes_foundation

• Beta Tester
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bowes_foundation
Accepted Solution

mik_69 wrote:

CTF - unless i missed it an option to drop the flag would be nice. Collected the opposition flag and got it back to our base with over 10 minutes of the game remaining. Unfortunately we'd also lost our flag. An option to leave the flag at our base so i could go help recover our flag rather than hang about our base so long would be good.

ie. You can still place the opposition flag at the goal but no points are scored until the home flag is also returned.

You could do this in warhawk but it turend into stat padding hence it aint allowed anymore

Photobucket
"...To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
Beta Tester
/16

mik_69

• Beta Tester
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mik_69
Accepted Solution

bowes_foundation wrote:

mik_69 wrote:

You could do this in warhawk but it turend into stat padding hence it aint allowed anymore

Ah ok, i'm not a Warhawk veteran so have no idea of the stats associated with such things. Would they stat pad by dropping and picking back up?

If so, what if once its placed at the goal it can only be retaken by the opposition? Just brainstorming a little. Guess the alternative is once you;re a flag carrier you become 100% defense!

0 Kudos

/16

bitbydeath

95%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bitbydeath
Accepted Solution

[SUGGESTION]

On the game menu, would be good if we could get some larger text of what we are hovering over possibly at the bottom of the screen between the "Exit" and "Select" commands.

0 Kudos

/16

thecabbage

81%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
thecabbage
Accepted Solution

I joined the beta last night and enjoyed myself.  The game seems to be in good shape.  As a seaoned warhawker there are a couple of things I'd like to point out.

[SUGGESTION}

1. Death cam.  although starhawk seems pretty manic, in the style of the very small warhawk matches, I noticed I didn't punch the air once in delight at getting a kill.  I think this is down to a number of things, but mainly I found myself missing the feature of warhawk where you get a close up of who killed you after you die.  This was a genius feature because it encouraged vendettas and built up the community.  I made many friends through vendettas that would last for several games, and I can't see this happening with Starhawk.  For example:  I got to the end of my first game with a 7 kills to 4 death ratio, but most of them I hadn't really noticed

2. Stealth.  I think because there is so much activity with the building etc, I really missed sneaking around for a stab in the back, or lurking with a sniper rifle and binoculars somewhere no one else had thought of.  Perhaps its just because I'm unfamiliar with it, but I noticed that in the couple of games I played, I never got sneak attacked once.  This made it feel, despite all the RTS elements, actually LESS tactical.

Keep up the good work guys.

[ Edited ]

Sign up for SICK KIDS SAVE POINT - 24 hour gaming marathon for Sick kids - www.sickkidssavepoint.org
/16

bitbydeath

95%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bitbydeath
Accepted Solution

[SUGGESTION]

Allow for the controls to be customised.

This is one thing that always gets critised in most games.

If people can match the buttons where they want or at least have a few options to choose from then I can see that satisfying a lot more people on the game.

Some may want a COD type layout, others may prefer Warhawk or Killzone etc etc.

More options the better

/16

sike1779

98%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sike1779
Accepted Solution

bitbydeath wrote:

[SUGGESTION]

Allow for the controls to be customised.

This is one thing that always gets critised in most games.

If people can match the buttons where they want or at least have a few options to choose from then I can see that satisfying a lot more people on the game.

Some may want a COD type layout, others may prefer Warhawk or Killzone etc etc.

More options the better

or at least a similar sensitivity setting to warhawk, a seperate one for each vehicle.

/16

bitbydeath

95%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bitbydeath
Accepted Solution

[SUGGESTION]

While in a game and pressing the start button to get the menu up.

There is a list on the side of who is playing.

1). Can this be sorted so that you can choose to display people that are just on your friends list as well as seeing everyone

2). Can we have an option to add people as a friend from that menu (currently just allows for check stats and report)

3). When a person is your friend can we have an option to send them a text message within the game.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

drmhd79

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
drmhd79
Accepted Solution
I dont know if that is only me, but I really dislike the camera view in starhawk. it is simply too close to the character, and when you zoom in to fire a weapon you loose half of the screen view! is it possible to add 3rd person view somehow like warhawk?

RangerSi n00b sig corp.
/16

GRYM-TYME

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GRYM-TYME
Accepted Solution
[SUGGESTION]

My partner plays and loves WARHAWK and would have liked female character for that game, although you can use full head mask and color pink there's no real female character, I asked this question in the MAG beta forums and I understand there is a lot of work involved but will there be a female character in starhawk? the blue ray disks have the capacity?
0 Kudos

/16

mikeymonty

97%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mikeymonty
Accepted Solution

sorry dude. LBI have confirmed no female characters...

0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

GRYM-TYME

45%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GRYM-TYME
Accepted Solution
Oh ok she will be sad to hear. Cheers for lettin us know there monty
0 Kudos

/16

ShadowFlareX

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ShadowFlareX
Accepted Solution
-SUGGESTION-

1) Star Board - I mentioned before that a huge wish of mine would be to be able to watch and save video replays of the matches we fought previously. In warhawk I really wish I could have re-watched many many amazing moments in a battle again. But I just thought of another idea on top of that...

Why not let all users post say a cool 15 second segment of any battle they wish, something they thought was really cool and amazing, and then upload it on their starhawk profile for others to watch? For example, I click on someone's profile in the game, and they've uploaded 3 short videos showing their best moments, showing the kind of player they are. You could even have a top 20 all user board for the best starhawk moments

But some sort of replay option would be incredible because of all the games I've played, warhawk had so many moments I wish I could have seen again but can't. I hope I can in starhawk

2) who am I playing with? - I wish that starting a game it showed you all players in the team like warhawk did. It was very useful

3) team switching - please DO NOT allow it. It will kill the game. Because the devastion you could cause by switching teams could be a game killer for a disgruntled player.

4) Hiding players - the red/green reticule above a player is sometimes shown too easily. Hawks can fly and easily find everybody because everyone has a big neon sign above them saying "here I am". I think they should only be shown in the way warhawk handled it. Maybe only when the target reticule is on a player etc.

[ Edited ]
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel