[EN] Archive

Public Starhawk BETA

Public Starhawk BETA

Level 3

Re: Starhawk Beta - Features/Other Feedback

mik_69 wrote:

CTF - unless i missed it an option to drop the flag would be nice. Collected the opposition flag and got it back to our base with over 10 minutes of the game remaining. Unfortunately we'd also lost our flag. An option to leave the flag at our base so i could go help recover our flag rather than hang about our base so long would be good.

ie. You can still place the opposition flag at the goal but no points are scored until the home flag is also returned.

You could do this in warhawk but it turend into stat padding hence it aint allowed anymore

Photobucket
"...To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 210 (293 Views)
Level 2

bowes_foundation wrote:

mik_69 wrote:

CTF - unless i missed it an option to drop the flag would be nice. Collected the opposition flag and got it back to our base with over 10 minutes of the game remaining. Unfortunately we'd also lost our flag. An option to leave the flag at our base so i could go help recover our flag rather than hang about our base so long would be good.

ie. You can still place the opposition flag at the goal but no points are scored until the home flag is also returned.

You could do this in warhawk but it turend into stat padding hence it aint allowed anymore

Ah ok, i'm not a Warhawk veteran so have no idea of the stats associated with such things. Would they stat pad by dropping and picking back up?

If so, what if once its placed at the goal it can only be retaken by the opposition? Just brainstorming a little. Guess the alternative is once you;re a flag carrier you become 100% defense!

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 210 (292 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[SUGGESTION]

On the game menu, would be good if we could get some larger text of what we are hovering over possibly at the bottom of the screen between the "Exit" and "Select" commands.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 210 (282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

I joined the beta last night and enjoyed myself.  The game seems to be in good shape.  As a seaoned warhawker there are a couple of things I'd like to point out.

[SUGGESTION}

1. Death cam.  although starhawk seems pretty manic, in the style of the very small warhawk matches, I noticed I didn't punch the air once in delight at getting a kill.  I think this is down to a number of things, but mainly I found myself missing the feature of warhawk where you get a close up of who killed you after you die.  This was a genius feature because it encouraged vendettas and built up the community.  I made many friends through vendettas that would last for several games, and I can't see this happening with Starhawk.  For example:  I got to the end of my first game with a 7 kills to 4 death ratio, but most of them I hadn't really noticed

2. Stealth.  I think because there is so much activity with the building etc, I really missed sneaking around for a stab in the back, or lurking with a sniper rifle and binoculars somewhere no one else had thought of.  Perhaps its just because I'm unfamiliar with it, but I noticed that in the couple of games I played, I never got sneak attacked once.  This made it feel, despite all the RTS elements, actually LESS tactical.

Keep up the good work guys.

Sign up for SICK KIDS SAVE POINT - 24 hour gaming marathon for Sick kids - www.sickkidssavepoint.org
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 210 (271 Views)
Level 3

[SUGGESTION]

Allow for the controls to be customised.

This is one thing that always gets critised in most games.

If people can match the buttons where they want or at least have a few options to choose from then I can see that satisfying a lot more people on the game.

Some may want a COD type layout, others may prefer Warhawk or Killzone etc etc.

More options the better

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 210 (263 Views)
Level 3

bitbydeath wrote:

[SUGGESTION]

Allow for the controls to be customised.

This is one thing that always gets critised in most games.

If people can match the buttons where they want or at least have a few options to choose from then I can see that satisfying a lot more people on the game.

Some may want a COD type layout, others may prefer Warhawk or Killzone etc etc.

More options the better

or at least a similar sensitivity setting to warhawk, a seperate one for each vehicle.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 210 (255 Views)
Level 3

[SUGGESTION]

While in a game and pressing the start button to get the menu up.

There is a list on the side of who is playing.

1). Can this be sorted so that you can choose to display people that are just on your friends list as well as seeing everyone

2). Can we have an option to add people as a friend from that menu (currently just allows for check stats and report)

3). When a person is your friend can we have an option to send them a text message within the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 210 (245 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I dont know if that is only me, but I really dislike the camera view in starhawk. it is simply too close to the character, and when you zoom in to fire a weapon you loose half of the screen view! is it possible to add 3rd person view somehow like warhawk?

RangerSi n00b sig corp.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 210 (242 Views)
Level 1

[SUGGESTION]

My partner plays and loves WARHAWK and would have liked female character for that game, although you can use full head mask and color pink there's no real female character, I asked this question in the MAG beta forums and I understand there is a lot of work involved but will there be a female character in starhawk? the blue ray disks have the capacity?
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 210 (209 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

sorry dude. LBI have confirmed no female characters...

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 210 (203 Views)
0 Kudos